Asus ROG Swift PG279Q WQHD 144Hz IPS Panel and G-sync

OneManWolfPack5

i`ll just leave this here:

acer x34 = 3440x1440 IPS with gsync and 100hz

I already have the Asus ROG Swift TN version. Now It is time to get the Asus ROG Swift IPS version. Now I have a reason to buy two 980 Ti's for my spare parts build :). Super pumped.

You sicken me.

Wish they drop the dam prices £600+ for a monitor. I just get the feeling how matter how good the Swift is in quality etc. Its still not worth it. Going to cost me £1200 for two 980ti in the next few months. Have to pay another 600 on top for the monitor. FFS might as well give up one of my arms to charity its cheaper.

That bezel is nice. Not extremeley thin, but thin. Prices starting at 1k USD/ 1.3K EUR? Guess i'll have to wait until i am rich...

who cares...

• 4 weeks later...

I already have the Asus ROG Swift TN version. Now It is time to get the Asus ROG Swift IPS version. Now I have a reason to buy two 980 Ti's for my spare parts build :). Super pumped.

G-Sync dont work with SLI.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

last year it didnt, but i believe they have since fixed that

You're thinking of FreeSync with XFire. GSync with SLI was fixed a long time ago.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Works fine, has been working for a long time. They even recently added support for Windowed mode G-Sync.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

This thing is gorgeous, but now I have to decide between this or the 3440x1440p version.  Probably 21:9.. but 144hz gaming should be rather possible with high settings and two 980ti's.  Hmm.. decisions.

This thing is gorgeous, but now I have to decide between this or the 3440x1440p version.  Probably 21:9.. but 144hz gaming should be rather possible with high settings and two 980ti's.  Hmm.. decisions.

Well if the ultrawide is already available then it's an easy choice as Asus are keeping very tight lipped about a release date for this monitor.I'll be grabbing a couple of 980Ti Hydro Coppers as soon as they get released and would really like to use these monitors with them instead of my aging 1080@60 screens

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

This or the Acer XB270HU (which I can get for a $170 discount off retail). I don't mind the glossy Acer bezel, I don't have greasy hands, and I'm not sure the ROG is worth the $170 price premium. Ermm... Thoughts?

Are you threatening me?!

If this is what your saying it is.... this could be the holy grail of monitors (I have been waiting for these exact specs since G-sync was announced).

• 2 weeks later...

Review this please Linus! On paper the predator is awesome, but the QA horror stories in reviews was a massive turn off. Really want to hear what the g-sync window will be on this one. Take my money !!

Poorly done "article". No sources and citations appear as your own.

It's Guru3D what do you expect? There are hardly any good article from them.

Almost all of their articles are "borrowed" from other sites rather then their own.

Well if the ultrawide is already available then it's an easy choice as Asus are keeping very tight lipped about a release date for this monitor.I'll be grabbing a couple of 980Ti Hydro Coppers as soon as they get released and would really like to use these monitors with them instead of my aging 1080@60 screens

I don't know about this website but they still got a bit of information concerning the release date :)

http://www.144hzmonitors.com/monitors/7-new-g-sync-monitors-soon-to-be-released-144hz-ips-asus-monitor-is-one-of-them/

ASUS-on-PG279Q.png

• 3 weeks later...

When is it going to be released?

Where can I buy this thing?

Will it be much more expensive than the TN version?

When is it going to be released?

Where can I buy this thing?

Will it be much more expensive than the TN version?

We don't have more information than you :)

1 Q4 of 2015

2 In every good retailer

3 I think the price will rise a bit, but not that much

Yeah I am hoping for a release around september/october.

The ROG PG34Q is awesome but the price will be far beyond what I can afford :(

If it is under 900 bucks I might consider it, but it is unlikely to happen right :huh:  ?

Hopefully :) 

And unfortunately probably not :c 

Maybe around the $1000 price mark at the lowest, if they try and undercut the price of the Acer x34 for sales, which they may do if they only end up releasing it with 75Hz 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Oh WOW that ROG PG34Q! I hope they can somehow get that up to 144Hz...

Oh WOW that ROG PG34Q! I hope they can somehow get that up to 144Hz...

I have heard that with Gsync, 144Hz is useless

I have never tried it myself though

Very interesting. I wonder how it performs compared to the Acer screen with the same specs.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

I have heard that with Gsync, 144Hz is useless

I have never tried it myself though

I currently have the ROG Swift and i could not go back to 60Hz.

120 is the lower limit for me. It's not just the gaming aspect, i love desktop navigation at 144Hz.

It is rumoured that this monitor may will have 165Hz.