AMD Radeon Fury X 3DMark performance

BonSie

already done! sort of, compare it to GTx 980Ti - it's just slightly better than it

6gb is okay for 4k

4gb isn't enough for 4k when it comes to gddr5, the 290x is a good indicator of that

so no, not already done, and not sort-of

Abigail: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.5GHz 1.170v / EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified  / ASRock Z97 Extreme6 / Corsair H110i GT / 4x4Gb G.Skill Ares 1866MHz @ CAS9 / Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM / NZXT H440 Blue / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2

Peripherals: BenQ XL2411z 24" 144hz 1080p / ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1080p / Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD650 / Schiit Audio Modi 2 / Magni 2 / Blue Yeti Blackout

This is a synthetic test, not a real world test. gamming benchmarks will need to come for me to make my opinion. 

Oh yeah, I bet it'll do muuuuch better when you start adding PhysX and tesselation.

Thanks for that, completely forgot how dominant AMD are in such things.

(I am probably buying two of these Fury cards myself, but let's not kid ourselves here.)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Oh yeah, I bet it'll do muuuuch better when you start adding PhysX and tesselation.

Thanks for that, completely forgot how dominant AMD are in such things.

(I am probably buying two of these Fury cards myself, but let's not kid ourselves here.)

PhysX maybe but its a completely new unseen architecture. It could do extremely well with tesselation. 

Or it could not. We have no idea.

I'll be waiting for real benchmarks myself. 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

6gb is okay for 4k

4gb isn't enough for 4k when it comes to gddr5, the 290x is a good indicator of that

funny how that works

werent you the same people that were arms in the air with how nVidia has only 3.5Gb on GTX970?! but funny how 4Gb is good enough ....  <_<

Lol i'll be sure to save this comment for when Pascal launches...

incorrect! you should save this post for when Fiji with HBM2 gets released

i could argue it was actually a dumb move on their part, as they're already obviously much better off than amd is if they're trying to beat amd all the time and use means like this (killing 980/titan x in favor of 980ti so there's no reason to buy an amd card at that pricerange) then they're going to be heading towards an intel/nvidia monopoly quick when amd goes out of business or ends up being bought (which will nullify their x86 license)

i'm not saying that will happen all because of this, but nvidia has to watch what they do or amd will go overboard and shit will hit the fan

If AMD dies, who do you think will be first in line to buy up the X86_64 IP from AMD? It would be Nvidia. Nvidia needs to differentiate. It's losing ground in HPC and the consumer GPU market is shrinking. As Intel and AMD both eat into its lower end sales, Nvidia is going to start bleeding money, DX 12 multi adaptor or not.

Nvidia wants AMD dead. That means it would get access to x86 since the FTC would force Intel to sell a new license. Nvidia would pick up the CPU IP, and Intel would pick up the GPU IP. We'd be back to real competition on both fronts very, very quickly.

If AMD doesn't go down soon, Intel's going to walk away with both markets in hand in true monopoly. Once Nvidia gets knocked out of HPC, they won't be in competition, and Nvidia will be out a ton of money. The shareholders would quickly agree to a merger or buyout. At that point it's AMD who's screwed.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Considering 3dmark favours nvidia cards, (290x and 970 are neck and neck in games. 970 is a couple thousand ahead in 3dmark)

Extreme and ultra are 1440p and 4k right? So fury would beat titanX at 4k. Also interesting is the 390 beating the 970, I was expecting them to be about equal.

Not exactly.

Extreme is 1440p but also has higher graphical settings.

Ultra is 4K with all the graphical settings cranked up.

6gb is okay for 4k

4GB is lots for 4K.

It's possible to exceed it, but it requires all the bells and whistles to be turned on.  

Also 4K benchmarks may better show the difference between HBM and GDDR5.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

HBM is ultimately irrelevant (!!!) yes, since nothing else changes between the system and the video card - the PCIe stays the same, RAM and CPU also

HBM only matters in GPU-VRAM transfers -- that's it!

Now hold on. I didn't say that either. In compute HBM will be big, but in gaming, it doesn't change anything for the time being.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

So,the same as a 980 Ti.

Incoming backpedal and $600 price point.

That would be awesome, especially if one factors in not having to drop the extra $100-150 for the G-sync modual on the monitor. Its effectively subsidising the perceived cost of the graphics card of a consumer considering going team green. So if amd is going to drop their flagship card to compete on the sticker price, I'll take that "savings".

Now hold on. I didn't say that either. In compute HBM will be big, but in gaming, it doesn't change anything for the time being.

so?!?! what's the reason this GPU is equipped with HBM?! at least nVidia has needs of Pascal GPUs in their Tesla accelerators

so?!?! what's the reason this GPU is equipped with HBM?! at least nVidia has needs of Pascal GPUs in their Tesla accelerators

You do know AMD's FirePros can be both accelerators and professional cards, right? AMD's trying to position itself for the HPC space again where the money flows like water.

so?!?! what's the reason this GPU is equipped with HBM?! at least nVidia has needs of Pascal GPUs in their Tesla accelerators

In the future it will make a difference as the demands go higher. And if they didn't change anything and were still at GDDR5 and Nvidia had pascal and HBM2, you'd be ranting how AMD doesn't have new tech.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

You do know AMD's FirePros can be both accelerators and professional cards, right? AMD's trying to position itself for the HPC space again where the money flows like water.

this is not a FirePRO !!!!, in fact AMD had revealed no plan (to my knowledge) to have Fiji powered FirePROs - I might be wrong though

this is not a FirePRO !!!!, in fact AMD had revealed no plan (to my knowledge) to have Fiji powered FirePROs - I might be wrong though

If you think for a moment AMD is not going to push Fiji into FirePros, you're deluded.

If you think for a moment AMD is not going to push Fiji into FirePros, you're deluded.

For once in a rare while, I agree. 

They'd be dumb not to do so. 

Plus they've put so much money into it they can't afford not to.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Easy bud...

Fiji is not going to be in FPros...

Fiji is just the codename for the first "HBM powered" gpu.

The tech can be further developed, modified, tweaked in order to be suited for a specific workload. 

Fiji is aimed at enthusiasts, be they gamers, modders, Linus etc...

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

I didn't said that! I only discussed your opinion - Radeon Fury(X) is not FirePRO!

The GPU isn't even out and you are already talking shit, fueled by ignorance?!?!?!?!?!?

I can throw you a bone though! HBM allowed AMD to reduce power consumption! Go fetch it boy!

Anyway... I thought this would only come with the release of the card... fuck... 6 more days of this kind of shit...

Am I the only one who finds it interesting that the score shown on the 3DMark page and the chart are different? And who knows if the 980ti score on this chart is using the overall score or just the graphics score to push the numbers in favor of AMD. Looks kinda sketchy to me.

AMD-Radeon-Fury-X-3DMark-FireStrike.jpg

AMD-Radeon-Fury-X-3DMark-Score.jpg

to "improve the architecture" is not done over night, as example with Pascal; and will more than 1y until we'll have desktop video cards powered by Pascal GPU

you should consider that AMD just finished Fiji and doesn't have, yet, real world performance metrics

AMD will release theirs after Nvidia I expect 1.5-2 years away. why even worry about it now when it is so far away. I do expect development to start soon on the next card from AMD but it will launch a while from now. lets first see how fiji dose before assuming pascal already won next gen.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Keeping AMD for the peasants and cheap. Usual AMD

I will slap you man... I will slap you

AMD will release theirs after Nvidia I expect 1.5-2 years away. why even worry about it now when it is so far away. I do expect development to start soon on the next card from AMD but it will launch a while from now. lets first see how fiji dose before assuming pascal already won next gen.

funny how, by these rumors, Fiji hasn't won this generation  :lol:

Personally I'm a little disappointed. But then again, are we talking up to date Fiji drivers? Either way, it's a synthetic benchmark, and people seem to forget, that this thing is equally as good as Titan X, which is the green teams fap card. How could that possibly be scewed into being a bad thing?

yes, that's right
AMD needed HBM to reach the Titan X in performance; Titan X that uses good ol' GDDR5

not even taking into account that Titan X has 3 times (!!!) more VRAM available to it

None of those synthetic benchmarks are in any way vram or vram bandwidth starved. Of course HBM won't have any influence on the score. Pretty sure GDDR5 didn't either, when AMD was the first to market with that too. But things might not be so in half a year or 1. Who knows, maybe some games can benefit now. The benchmark is strictly gpu vs gpu.

you should think about this: what's AMD response to Pascal? my guess? the same exact Fiji but with HBM2 - and that alone should scare the shit out of people who don't see the problem with Radeon Fury (X)

We already know Greenland will be the chip going against pascal. Now that AMD has mastered HBM implementation, I assume they will have an advantage in the production next year. Pascal being out in q2 in 2016 is highly doubtful, both with the production issues of HBM and TSMC's 16nm ff+.

All one had to do to confirm HBM would be a non-event is compare the 780TI bandwidth to the 290X. GPU internal bandwidth is not the bottleneck in gaming. Core strength is. For 4K the biggest bottleneck appears to be the ROPs.

780ti had a larger bandwidth than 290x, so what exactly is your point? 780ti had too little vram, but that is about it.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Hmm that seems solid performance, though not enough info and nothing official yet. Since they branded it in different category I assume we'd see bigger bump in performance, I hope so. Let's hope for the best when it launches and we see gaming numbers, OC etc. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Uhh... Nvidia is skipping HBM1 and going to HBM2. AMD doesn't have some exclusive rights to HBM, they'll be neck and neck on that front.

People will now say "oh it's a Titan competitor for less" when it barely beats the 980 Ti, in single or dual configurations.

The hype train is crashing. It's okay. Fury is a good card and if the price point undercuts the 980 Ti it'll be great for us. But it won't, because AMD cant run a charity for a business anymore.

AMD doesn't have exclusive rights, but sure had the right to say they would be first in line to have access to the low supplys of HBM1 memory - after all they developed part of the tech.

One thing is to skip, other thing is to be forced to skip due to low supply. That's why NVIDIA changes their roadmaps, it doesn't always go like they expect to.

With HBM2 we will see how it will roll out, it's too early to say anything reggarding that.

The hype train started with the "King of the Hill"... if AMD lives up to the hype, and becomes the kind of the hill, I don't see the train crashing... I see the train arriving to the station. Now... you are hoping for it to crash, and you are hoping that it has a worst price/performance ratio so you have at least one thing to point out to the card, else you won't have much to hold on to... the sad thing is that you need it so much, and you belive it so hard, you are already taking your illusions for granted... that's just sad.