Who's your favorite player?

leunaM

Most entertaining (and in turn favorite) is JW by far.

But he is outskilled by the Danes in Astralis.

Don't talk about stale memes.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if I could pick a single pro Rocket League player. I like so many of them. Rizzo, Deevo, Kuxir97, al0t, Mognus, Jacob, Kaydop, etc.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

Hi, friend don't understand what game and player are you talking about?

If you are talking about Football than I like Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi is my favourite players.

• 4 weeks later...

Performance: Niko

Consistency: Rain

Outside CS: Paszabiceps my friend

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Scump in Call of Duty.

Absolute show to watch him play, talented and a great personality.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone who uses

kazakhstancheats.kz NEVER VAC AND YOU KNOW!

/s

It's actually probably hiko or shroud.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

There is a guy called Cosmos he is really good at the game and i have know him since i was born.

Juan Martin del Potro.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lul wish I could say Dendi but hes just in the past now really. He gota leave navi. all those koreans are crazy tho QO,febby

• 4 weeks later...

My favourite player of all time across all the different platforms would be Richard "shox" Papillon from G2 Esports CSGO.

For a more detailed read do proceed below.

There are so many so many great players from different games. I'll just list the top 2 from each genre along with a brief statement on why. Hope its enjoyable to read!

CSGO

• Richard "shox" Papillon

Oh Shoxie, right now Shox isn't doing too hot. Ever since he picked up the IGL role in G2 his individual performance has been somewhat diminished. Its getting better and I hope he gets back to form but the magic he brings out when he's playing at this best is something to behold. Back in the glory days of the NiP vs VG rivalry, I would argue Shox was the defining factor to why VG started to take maps and then tournaments off then "untouchable" NiP. He would singlehandedly open up sites, hold his ground, clutch up against the best players and team ever in CSGO at the time. The level of his performance is just unreal and boy it was a joy to watch. Never have I seen such a versatile and calculated player at the time and that magic still hasn't worn off. In his later teams, Shox continued to become a defining factor in his teams and being able to play all roles while doing well makes it even more impressive. I continue to wait for the day G2 pick up steam because when they do, the joy of a full god mode Shox will return. 

• Marcelo "coldzera" David

Coldzera is much like Shox but without his diversity in roles. However, unlike Shox, his consistency at running at peak performance is unreal. How can someone be this good the game? I've seen coldzera get kills and play situations only the top players at their prime can pull off. The best part? He does it all the time. Never have I feared for any team playing against a full force Coldzera. Along with the skill studded SK line up, its no wonder they've become the best team in the world. Coldzera just brings that feel that a full functioning KennyS brings, you're not safe till he is dead. More often than not, 1v3? 1v4? He wins them and with stunning domination, often just instantly taking out players as they just see him. While SK hasn't been on a roll lately, I can continue to count on Coldzera as a consistent force in SK.

Starcraft II

First and foremost, I have not been keeping up with LOTV as much. So this will be between the WoL and HoTS period.

• Johan "NaNiwa" Lucchesi

NaNiwa usually brings up two typical responses, one the biggest douches in SC2 or one of the greatest non-koreans to eve touch the game. A little bit of context, SC and SC2 were especially dominated by Koreans. Korean SC2 players have won more titles than any other nation and most of the time, the top 16 players are almost always Koreans. Of course as you can read, the key word is almost. One of those exceptions is NaNiwa. Already considered one of the top EU Protoss players often holding the top 5 positions in the EU Grandmaster ladder, NaNiwa looked like any other top non-korean pro. Except he wasn't. He had an uncanny ability to play strange deviations of standard builds which were slightly more optimised or quirky depending on his opponent. His immaculate microing skills meant that these strange unit compositions that were already pretty deadly on their own would now be utterly devastating. While he is well known for cheesy builds and all-ins, his questions about his macro play were silenced later on in his career as he progressed to play against opponents that would easily counter that previous playstyle. Personally, the pinnacle of his achievement came when he made it to GSL Code S. Some talent non-koreans did make it to code S so why was he so special? Because he finished top 8 and twice. That was no small feat at all for someone who wasn't as seasoned as the legendary koreans he faced. Overall, his interesting thou controversial personality made him one of my favourite players to watch ever.

• Lee "Life" Seung

Ask anyone about Life now and you'll easily hear strong words against him. As of Jan 26 2016, Life was officially banned from competing in SC2 due to match-fixing. While many will concur his actions are horrid and a disgrace to professionals, no one can argue against his skill, legacy and sheer tenacity. Life was a very obscure player in the brutal korean scene. But when he showed up, he truly did. Life was known as a Royal Roader. A Royal Roader was a title give to a player who upon his very first seeding into Code S (Code S is considered the most prestigious tournament in SC2 at the time due to the sheer amount of skill needed to compete against the best players to ever touch the game), would win the entire tournament. He did it, in a nail biting 7 games against MVP (the best player ever to touch SC2:WoL and multiple time Code S champion) Life walked the Royal Road and cemented his legacy as one of the greatest players to ever play the game. He would go on to win a large range of prestigious tournaments and often in dominating fashion. Life didn't have much of a personality in person, he was relatively mundane in interviews and always just gave the mantra of "I just practice" when asked about he was so good or how he prepared for big tournaments. But he sure did have personality in the game. His style of Zerg was so unique, so aggressive and so efficient. Near perfect macro combined with exceptional decision making and inhuman micro. At some point people were questioning if anyone can ever topple his dynasty. While I will never see Life as he used to be when he was on his quest to dominate the world, his legacy lives on and is still one of my favourite players in Esports.

Side note, CSGO and SC2 are the games where I have invested the most time into, so forgive me if the other games mentioned below have much less depth to them. I will continue to give what drew me into putting these players as my favourites but hopefully I don't mess anything up :P

Halo

• Justin "Roy" Brown

For any of you old school halo fans, Roy is a name you all should be familiar with and for good reason. He was one of the 4 of the Godsquad back then in Halo Reach under Instinct. Together, solidified their reputation as the best Halo team at the time of all time. Roy wasn't particularly flashy like the rest of his team mates, but when it came down to the time to perform, he was there. Very there and with nothing less than spectacular show of skill, poise and raw talent. His slaying ability was uncanny, everytime someone tries to push against a setup, Roy was always there, waiting and ready to take down 2 or 3 before he went down, by then your push is just dead. His flaring personality that pushes his team and his level headed decision making made him an instant favourite for me. Although I will admit, when he goes off, its a privilege to watch.

• Eric "Snip3down" Wrona

As name implies, Snip3down was of course known for his use of the sniper rifle. While at times he would just disappear from the game with abysmal stats, when he turns on, you might as well just give up. Snip3down's highs are highs that the game has really never seen. If he's on fire and without a sniper rifle, your chances of winning just went down by orders of magnitude. With a sniper? Well like said earlier, you might as well just quit. His flashly plays coupled with unreal aim made him one of my favourite halo players to watch. Till this day, he is still close to the top and playing much more consistently than ever before. Go search for a montage of him, you'll see what I mean.

Call of Duty

• Matthew "FormaL" Piper

"When they look back at my legacy, I want to be known as the best FPS player in the world". That was what Formal said before him and his team, Optic gaming proceeded to win Call of Duty Champs 2017, solidifying their legacy as the best COD team to ever exist. Formal is the AR player and primary slayer for the team. His aim, game sense, decision making and dedication to the game rivals that of his other 3 extremely talented team mates. Formal consistently puts up incredible numbers against the top teams in COD and when on point would easily dominate an entire team singlehandedly. His incredible attitude and work ethic drove me towards him, on top of his already unreal talent, Formal is one of my favourite players in COD.

• Seth "Scump" Abner

Another member of the prestigious Optic gaming squad, Scump's slaying ability is uncanny. Unlike most of the pros mentioned, while his skill is unreal, his personality is what I enjoy. Scump brings a kind of fresh passion to the game even though he has been playing at the top for a long time. Most pros once at the top have this kind of "its super serious" and "all discipline, all practice" kind of mentality. Scump does have that similar top level mentality but he flairs it with hype and just sheer investment into the emotion highs of being and winning at the top. Its refreshing and even more enjoyable when him and his team pull in big wins or big plays.

And thats it for me! I would put up my favourite LoL players possibly even OW but I haven't been keeping up with those titles in a awhile.

What?

• 2 weeks later...

Incon - Smite

Hilarious guy and also manages to be very high skilled despite having tourettes (manifests as motor ticks which in MOBAs as i'm sure you know can be very annoying)

Has done some SPL games, but unfortunately he performs better as a streamer than a Pro Gamer, he is getting a lot better

CSGO

Virtus.Pro

TaZ/PashaBiceps

SK Gaming

Taco/Coldzera

Case: fractaldesign Meshify C

Motherboard: ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Hero

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 8GB Gaming Z

CPU: AMD R9 3900x

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62

RAM: Team TForce Dark Pro 32 GB (4x8) 3200 CL14

Storage 1: Samsung XP491 256 GB SSD

Storage 2: Seagate 2TB Barracuda HDD

Storage 3: Western Digital 500 GB Blue HDD

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2015 at 11:04 PM, Osmium said:

Device from TSM in CS:GO. I believe he is the most gifted player to ever play the game online/in low pressure games and he is starting to hit his stride in finals. 

I was very confused by this reply until I noticed the post is from 2015. I agree though, Device is great. Generally I'm a big fan of Astralis and their core (Xyp9x, Dupreeh and Device).