Looking for highly detailed headphones

Lauen

As much as I do love the Fidelio X2, I wouldn't call it neutral as neutral as the HD600. Sure, its close, but... I'd rather have OP lean on the Shure 1440 or 1840, Hifiman's HE-400i (or 400s), or even AKG's K712 Pros. Having bought the SRH 1540s, well... I can vouch for its neutrailty, but I have to be honest that the HD600 or 650 would be OP's best bet.

I'm not very hot on the whole Sennheiser sound, as I do believe I have stated earlier in this thread.

Maybe you like the Philips Fidelio X2.

They are really good $300 headphones.

Here you can find a review:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/boss-philips-fidelio-x2

I tried the X1's last summer, not impressed with them really, they sound boring to me, and sure the X2's have a great review there but he says nothing about the mid range standing out, which is exactly what I want.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I'm not very hot on the whole Sennheiser sound, as I do believe I have stated earlier in this thread.

Oh well, my bad.

maybe the SRH 1440 or 1840s would be a good one.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

I tried the X1's last summer, not impressed with them really, they sound boring to me, and sure the X2's have a great review there but he says nothing about the mid range standing out, which is exactly what I want.

What caught my eye was the reference to the Harman response curve which was used for the K712.

Knowing that the K712 is just a modified K702 after this curve... I would say that in the K712 the mids are more prominent but some say the stronger bass is killing it.

What caught my eye was the reference to the Harman response curve which was used for the K712.

Knowing that the K712 is just a modified K702 after this curve... I would say that in the K712 the mids are more prominent but some say the stronger bass is killing it.

My K7xx which should sound extremely similiar to K712 has a very neutral mid IMO, not forward nor subdued.

My K7xx which should sound extremely similiar to K712 has a very neutral mid IMO, not forward nor subdued.

Read these articles: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/harman-researchers-make-important-headway-understanding-headphone-response

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-target-response-curve-research-update

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/first-test-estimated-harman-target-response-curve-various-headphones

this is what I am referring to.

The last might be the most interesting one for this purpose.

It says that perceived neutrality differs from a actual neutral response. The result of this are all the new pro series AKG headphones including the K702 Anniversary, the K712 pro and the K553 pro which I own too. Also your K7xx has some influences of the Harman response curve. All of them have the same driver and sound different but the changes that have been made to existing AKG headphones lately are all pretty much identical when it comes to response change.

For me personally even the K553 which is the most toned of them all due to its closed back design is pretty neutral but still for some the K712s bass is too much.