How to: Ai Suite III on Z77 boards

Wow a lot of people have gotten this mobo with bent pins. Asus will charge @120hz usd to fix it. I read a bunch of newegg reviews with similar horor stories. All of them got the p8z77-lk.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Wow a lot of people have gotten this mobo with bent pins. Asus will charge @120hz usd to fix it. I read a bunch of newegg reviews with similar horor stories. All of them got the p8z77-lk.

120hz? they make you pay a user? odd

Wait......

wat

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

awesome ill try it tonight an see if it works for ze sabertooth.

Haha I meant to type 120USD I have no idea why I typed that.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

• 1 month later...

I have successfully installed Ai Suite III on my P8Z77-V board. It is a lot more stable and not as slow as the old version. As far as I can tell everything works.

I have looked for this for a long time so I thought I'd share.

I used this guide:

All credit goes to xator on the rog forums: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?33367-Asus-AI-Suite-III/page3

Tried all the steps but it does not work for me.. says that the Mobo is not supported. I'm on a P8Z77-V Deluxe with Windows 7 x64. Can anyone upload the modded installation files? I think ASUS may have plugged the leak with the latest AI Suites they released. Appreciate some help on this please...

+1 for Asus P8Z77-V LK compatibility. 

Anyone tried it? And for info my MOBO came perfect and I actually bought two of those... Never had an issue.

Upload the images to this site as not everyone has a asus account.

Don't have an account either. Sorry. Maybe someone else can upload them to imgur and provide me with the links? Then I will gladly add them to my post

Tried all the steps but it does not work for me.. says that the Mobo is not supported. I'm on a P8Z77-V Deluxe with Windows 7 x64. Can anyone upload the modded installation files? I think ASUS may have plugged the leak with the latest AI Suites they released. Appreciate some help on this please...

I don't have the files anymore as I have gone back to Ai Suite II... I think it was because charging while in standby did not work with Ai Suite III... Don't remember exactly.

Maybe you could try installing Ai Suite II, then uninstalling it and installing the modded Ai Suite III? This is how I did it last time...

I get error "The model does not support this application", got any solutions for this? I have the Z77 Sabertooth so I took AI Suite 3 from the Z87 Sabertooth download.

Think it will work on a Sabertooth Z77?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Will asus' as suit 3 work on all z77 boards or just asus z77 boards.

I think its just Asus boards since its tricking its a AI Suite 2 installation instead of AI Suite 3 so you would need a motherboard that supports AI Suite 2.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

It works for the new ASUS X79 Deluxe board :) but this board comes with the AI suite 3 software in the box.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

• 11 months later...

For anyone having issues with installation try to modify v51 and older, on later versions Asus added more sophisticated board detection. If they remove it from the downloads section pm me I have a copy (edited MV6 v51 installer). Launch AI 2 first and AI 3 immediately after. Otherwise it will throw memory errors with the dll files.

Spent an hour or so finding this out myself.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

For anyone having issues with installation try to modify v51 and older, on later versions Asus added more sophisticated board detection. If they remove it from the downloads section pm me I have a copy (edited MV6 v51 installer). Launch AI 2 first and AI 3 immediately after. Otherwise it will throw memory errors with the dll files.

Spent an hour or so finding this out myself.

I was having problems with AI Suite II (it's just a mess) and looking for a fix, this seems better than a fix! I'll try it asap and report back here. :)

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

• 8 months later...

Has anyone the install files? I have tried this method and i cant get it to install. I think its because im using a more up to date version of ai suite than you guys have used.

• 5 months later...

Fix for "The model does not support this application" on a P8z77-v ​Premium Boards

This guide did not help me, I followed the steps, but found my self always getting the error "The model does not support this application" the Ai Suite II setup would open fine! I tried patching + moving most of the files and folders around, but! nothing worked!, Ai Suite II did not make Ai Suite III work

Download link : https://mega.nz/#!vQgFATTY!Vva1NYcw9Uy0GrnGa3k2F7mSHcPsUNLX4161EHMGxlc

(the download link could go down for good, so someone please make safety nets for us all)

This Download has 3 versions of Ai Suite III, This is the only work around, that I know of that worked for me! you can set your fan profile under windows 10 64x with the above download for Asus boards, hope this saves people time and stress :angry:

• 1 year later...

I get "The model does not support this application", please can someone tell me how to fix this? I tried the download above but i think its only for intel cpu motherboards since it throws some error after the installation.

I have an M5A99X EVO R2.0 motherboard, please can someone tell me how to install ai suite III on this?

Thank you

• 4 years later...
On 11/26/2015 at 12:07 AM, SignedAdam said:

Fix for "The model does not support this application" on a P8z77-v Premium Boards

This guide did not help me, I followed the steps, but found my self always getting the error "The model does not support this application" the Ai Suite II setup would open fine! I tried patching + moving most of the files and folders around, but! nothing worked!, Ai Suite II did not make Ai Suite III work

Download link : https://mega.nz/#!vQgFATTY!Vva1NYcw9Uy0GrnGa3k2F7mSHcPsUNLX4161EHMGxlc

(the download link could go down for good, so someone please make safety nets for us all)

This Download has 3 versions of Ai Suite III, This is the only work around, that I know of that worked for me! you can set your fan profile under windows 10 64x with the above download for Asus boards, hope this saves people time and stress 😠

Saved for posterity so pm me for dl if current doesn't work, I haven't gotten to AI 3 to work on my P8Z77-V LX yet (to tired) but will try tomorrow and hope I can count on help if needed!? Thanks // encor3