eVGA GTX 570 Classified and Battlefield 3

Agony

TL;DR version: Battlefield 3 Crashes constantly (Everyone 5-10mins). Game black screens and stop responding or display drivers stop responding. I have reason to believe that my eVGA GTX 570 Classified is to blame according to several forums posts I read regarding this same issue and the same card, I just want to know why, for the sake of my sanity. Thanks.

So to make a long story short here, I bought Battlefield 3 when it first released and played it pretty consistantly for a total of 70-ish hours (According to my Battlelog profile) which a few crashes here and there but nothing too major. I eventually stopped playing BF3 because of the constant crashes and errors I was receiving after only 10 minutes of playing. One of two things would happens; the screen would go black and the game would 'Stop Responding' and I would have to ctrl alt delete my way back to desktop, or the display drivers would stop working and I again would have to ctrl alt delete my way back to the desktop. I tried all the seemingly common "fixes" such as reverting back to older display drivers, newer drivers, etc. I even downloaded MSI Afterburner and turned my under clocked my graphics card to stock speeds because I had read that the games coding didn't agree with the factory overclock. My PC specs at the time were as follows:

Intel i7 980x @ 3.33Ghz

eVGA x58 Classified Mobo

6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1600 DDR3

500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

eVGA GTX 570 Classified

and an old Antec 550W PSU

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

With the announcment of Battlefield 4, I decided it was time to upgrade my PC in preperation (Because I didn't want to run into the same problems as I had before with BF3) so my current specs are as follows:

Intel i7 980x @ 4.1GHz

eVGA x58 Classified Mobo

16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1600 DDR3

1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

120GB Corsair Neutron GTX SSD

eVGA GTX 570 Classified *****UPGRADING to a GTX 780 in September or October before BF4 comes out******

Corsair HX850W PSU

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

As far as upgrades go, nothing too major aside from maybe the upcoming gpu upgrade but definitely a much needed upgrade overall, I haven't yet tried BF3 on this new system seeing that I'm still using the same graphics card that seemed to be the problem before, and I know this problem doesn't seem like much of an issue if I'm just going to be upgrading my GFX card anyway, but for the sake of my sanity, I need an answer as to why this is happening, I really enjoy BF3 when I'm able to play it but it hasn't been playable in a long time due to all these errors without a single solution that actually worked. I did read on another forum post that a few others were experiencing this problem (Also using the 570 Classified) and none of them were able to find a permanent solution other than getting an entirely different graphics card. So if anyone has any information as to why this is happening it would be much appreciated.

Btw if your gonna wait before getting your gpu then its definitely worth waiting to see what AMD come up with as they have there next line of gpus arriving and that might be the 780 or even the titan with free games and maybe bf4 might be one of those free games. If it is then that is fricken awesome.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1