high school graduation

FireofDestruction

I'M GRADUATED NOW! WOOT made it guys now to join the airforce then after boot camp a little treat to myself...a $5000 dollar treat price to performance is going out the window it'll be a few months though 

HYPE

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

just finished yesterday. had a amazing all night party at my school. so glad to be done and off to college

So, that's the equivilant of what in the UK? Secondary school?

not sure...maybe? if it means not going to public schools any more and going to uni?

Yes.

It is 12 years + kindergarten and pre-school of education. High school being year 9 through 12. It is for ages 14/15-18.

not sure. basically for us, we are elementary from 1-5th grade, middle school 6-8, then 9-12 is high school. 12th grade is when you're 18. then secondary for is is college, so usually paid for schooling over 18.

how ever that works out for you guys

I'M GRADUATED NOW! WOOT made it guys now to join the airforce then after boot camp a little treat to myself...a $5000 dollar treat price to performance is going out the window it'll be a few months though 

Congrats man, I think I'm actually going to join the canadian airforce when i get out of high school myself. 

I graduated today too! I am sooooooo glad to never have to go to or see that dumb high school ever again. Well, I may see it from the outside, but I shouldn't have any reason to go back inside. I've hated high school since I entered 9th grade. 

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I graduated last week partied so hard I now have 8 stitches and a 2 inch gash on the back of my head.

Worth it!

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I graduated today too! I am sooooooo glad to never have to go to or see that dumb high school ever again. Well, I may see it from the outside, but I shouldn't have any reason to go back inside. I've hated high school since I entered 9th grade. 

not so much here NJROTC number 1 unit in the nation and I'm going to miss it. Although the people who attended our school...putting it nicely they were not so bright  and most of them sagged which annoyed me

I graduated last week partied so hard I now have 8 stitches and a 2 inch gash on the back of my head.

that's a GG my friend

not sure...maybe? if it means not going to public schools any more and going to uni?

Well, in the UK 'high school', or secondary school, is from 11-16/17. Then after that it's either sixth-from (A-Levels etc.) or college (some other qualification in a proffresion). Then after that it would be university or employment, or in the UK's case unemployment. 

I'm going to guess that the US high-school is our secondary school and college, in that after you finish high-school you're 18 and go onto uni? Whereas with us we finish 'secondary school' at 16 or 17 and go onto college. 

8597560_orig.jpg?482

So yeah, you guys are still in 'high school' between 16-18 whereas in the UK we're at sixth form or college (same level i think). Anyway congrats.

GG friend! Doing my finishing exams right now in Ireland - The Leaving Cert. It's a fabulous feeling! Enjoy freedom!

Sleepy: |  R7 1700@ 3.7GHz (NHD-15) | MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic | GIGABYTE Windforce GTX 1080 | 16GB of RAM | 8TBs of HDD | 128GB SSD| S340 Tempered Glass | XFX 550w Bronze 80+ PSU | 40" 4K panel, and 3 1080p bois

Congrats man, I think I'm actually going to join the canadian airforce when i get out of high school myself. 

if i get the job i want in the U.s airforce ill be working on computers(replacing dead hardware/ software crashes) in some top secret locations *crossing fingers*

First off  you have to get thru boot and then thru your job specific training. Don't be like a lot of other greenies and blow your sign-on bonus right off the bat. Invest that money for your future. I have see to many guys in my own unit do this and lose big time in ways that I would rather not repeat here. Just a fair warning for ya. FYI boot is easy in Airforce.  :P

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I'm looking into getting into the British Navy myself. Still got three more years before graduate uni and can get cracking though.

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

First off  you have to get thru boot and then thru your job specific training. Don't be like a lot of other greenies and blow your sign-on bonus right off the bat. Invest that money for your future. I have see to many guys in my own unit do this and lose big time in ways that I would rather not repeat here. Just a fair warning for ya. FYI boot is easy in Airforce.  :P

40K in the stock market already thanks to the parents a long long time ago and only growing(auto reinvest) :P i don't plan on touching it until i really really need to, wasnt concerned about boot not after 4 years njrotc which means automatic E3 , i dont intend on blowing the whole signing on bonus just a bit of it to spoil myself with because it was a B**** to convince my mom to get my current rig so its kinda like a finger to them but my rig will go to my little brother most likely

grandparents not parents whoops

40K in the stock market already thanks to the parents a long long time ago and only growing(auto reinvest) :P i don't plan on touching it until i really really need to, wasnt concerned about boot not after 4 years njrotc which means automatic E3 , i dont intend on blowing the whole signing on bonus just a bit of it to spoil myself with because it was a B**** to convince my mom to get my current rig so its kinda like a finger to them but my rig will go to my little brother most likely

grandparents not parents whoops

Awesome. No worries then  ;) Good luck on the enlistment sounds like your one up from the rest. Are you planning on going Officer? or are you going to stay enlisted?

*edit*

A suggestion if you go Officer, wait till you make your E5 before switching, it'll give you a better foundation in your career on handling enlisted folk. My commander did the same and he was freaking awesome for it.

Edited by SansVarnic

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Awesome. No worries then  ;) Good luck on the enlistment sounds like your one up from the rest. Are you planning on going Officer? or are you going to stay enlisted?

*edit*

A suggestion if you go Officer, wait till you make your E5 before switching, it'll give you a better foundation in your career on handling enlisted folk. My commander did the same and he was freaking awesome for it.

not officer i plan on doing 4 years(possibly 8 still a long way away and in the air) and hopefully getting a degree in computer engineering with a minor in electrical engineering or something like that to get hired by some big company so i can be behind the next titan or fury or like *insert ridiculous amount of cores on cpu here* computer chip maybe ill be the guy to push muti- threaded games to be common??? something big go big or go home

not officer i plan on doing 4 years(possibly 8 still a long way away and in the air) and hopefully getting a degree in computer engineering with a minor in electrical engineering or something like that to get hired by some big company so i can be behind the next titan or fury or like *insert ridiculous amount of cores on cpu here* computer chip maybe ill be the guy to push muti- threaded games to be common??? something big go big or go home

Awesome, did 12 enlisted myself. You'll do well.I know a few airmen, good guys, me I stayed on the ground.

Be well, be safe man and watch your six. 

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Americans play to win at all times. I wouldn't give a hoot and hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost nor ever lose a war.

If we take the generally accepted definition of bravery as a quality which knows no fear, I have never seen a brave man. All men are frightened. The more intelligent they are, the more they are frightened.

I do not fear failure. I only fear the slowing up of the engine inside of me which is pounding, saying, Keep going, someone must be on top, why not you?

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

If everyone is thinking alike then somebody isn't thinking.

Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

Better to fight for something than live for nothing.

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity

All quotes - General George Patton

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Awesome, did 12 enlisted myself. You'll do well.I know a few airmen, good guys, me I stayed on the ground.

Be well, be safe man and watch your six. 

i'll be staying on the ground as well never been a fan of heights but then again if i have to i will and thank you for your service