IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum so I figured I'd use this thread to introduce myself and share the build I've been working on the past few months.  This build started out as a 7970-powered Bitfenix Prodigy that I got through a trade back in March/April for an Alienware M14x.  I liked the build so much that I decided to sell my main setup at the time (a maxed out Alienware M18x r2 with a 3920XM and 680m sli) to focus on desktop building and modding.  Since then, the build has gone through countless stages, while growing in scope and performance to what you'll see here.  As much as I liked the little Prodigy, it was parted out piece by piece until absolutely everything was brand new.  The last iteration was an NZXT Phantom 630 (mostly air cooled except for an H100i) with decent performance and aesthetics (Titan Superclocked, 4770k, etc) but I wasn't happy with the weight of the chassis, unused internal space, and cooling.  I decided I would downsize the build some while substantially increasing gaming and cooling performance.  I wanted a case with minimalistic styling that would accommodate a full sized ATX motherboard and high end water cooling, all in the smallest and most efficient package possible.  The one case that really stood out was the Fractal Design Arc Midi r2.  The subdued aesthetics and offset radiator mounts hooked me from the very beginning, so I ordered the case and began planning out the build from there.  After collecting all the parts, I started the final build a few weeks ago, and now it's basically completed.  I had a longer build log over on OCN, but now that it's about done I figured I'll keep it pretty short here so you guys can see the near-finished pics I took today.

I suppose that's enough background info, so I'll go ahead and list the specs and post the pics.

Hardware:
Fractal Design Arc Midi r2
Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5
Intel i7 4770k
GTX Titan Superclocked
Corsair AX850 with fully sleeved custom cables by Ensourced https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ensourced-Custom-Sleeved-Cables/351225731619723
8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133mhz
2x 256gb Samsung 840 Pro

Cooling:
Bitspower Summit EF Nickel plated
EK FC Titan Special Edition water block (Original CSQ)
EK-FC Bridge SINGLE CSQ - Plexi
EK-FC Titan SE Backplate - Black
Bitspower Matte Black 3/8" ID 5/8" OD compression fittings
Primochill Advanced LRT
XSPC D5 Vario
Bitspower D5 Mod Top v2 (POM)
Bitspower D5 Mod Kit (Matte Black)
Bitspower Dual / Single D5 Top Upgrade Kit 150 (Black POM Cap)
Bitspower Z-CAP II With G1/4" x3 ( POM Version )
Phobya G-Changer 240mm (top radiator)
Alphacool NexXxos Monsta 280mm (front radiator)
Phobya Touch 6 Fan Controller
4x Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentPro PK-3
2x Noiseblocker NB-Eloop
Mint Green Mayhems Pastel (Mixed with Mayhems Ultra Pure H2O

Future Upgrades
GTX Titan sli

The Arc Midi arrives:

IMG_1077_zps22e06c94.jpg

IMG_1079_zps1b88b1d5.jpg

So much interior for such a small case

IMG_1082_zps74f5e305.jpg

The Phantom immediately before the teardown

IMG_1084_zps1422cbed.jpg

Huge shipment from performancepcs.com

IMG_1144_zpsf4a83625.jpg

Phobya G-Changer 240 v2 with Aplacool Monsta 280

IMG_1146_zps90e6a8c6.jpg

IMG_1096_zps1e252b5d.jpg

CPU Water Block

IMG_1100_zps970c71f4.jpg

IMG_1099_zps42b544b1.jpg

Cheap Techflex sleeving for front panel connectors, fan controller, and misc accessories (POS Bitfenix Alchemy extensions on the left)

IMG_1103_zpsde72967a.jpg

IMG_1119_zps6faadfdb.jpg

Phobya Touch fan controller

IMG_1118_zpsc3b2690b.jpg

Touch's stock sleeving

IMG_1116_zps75872ec2.jpg

After being sleeved

IMG_1142_zpsdf82e651.jpg

IMG_1143_zps3e852d94.jpg

Bitspower D5 mod top and 150 upgrade kit assembled/sleeved

IMG_1152_zps5158b9cc.jpg

IMG_1153_zps17485219.jpg

IMG_1156_zpsfc4dadbc.jpg

IMG_1159_zps635af97c.jpg

EK Titan FC Special Edition (OG CSQ) 

IMG_1149_zps4655d20e.jpg

IMG_1148_zps37864c7e.jpg

And now we get to the good part :D Building begins.

SSDs mounted behind motherboard tray

IMG_1274_zps1aeec661.jpg

Anyone feel like coming over and fixing this rat's nest?

IMG_1272_zpsc9f0bf05.jpg

Sleeved cables from Ensourced

IMG_1268_zpsa481cc74.jpgIMG_1235_zps47b3ca58.jpg

Radiators and blocks assembled and installed

IMG_1241_zps99d22318.jpg

IMG_1242_zpsbecb4e35.jpg

IMG_1285_zpsf65bbb51.jpg

As I'm sure the Arc Midi owners out there know, the r2 only supports front 240mm rads natively.  Witht he front drive cages removed, the Monsta 280 won't match up with the fan mounts on the front panel.  To fix this, I had to cut two holes in the 5.25" bays to allow for the top stop fittings to fit through.  Unfortunately I forgot to take pics of this until I already had the rads fitted, so it was a total pita to take a pic.  Sorry for the horrible quality, but here's a pic of one of the holes I cut so you can see what I mean:

IMG_1404_zpscb8ba306.jpg

Loop completed

IMG_1263_zps1a914254.jpg

Fittings running from the front radiator outlet to the reservoir's inlet

IMG_1276-Copy_zps13c739f2.jpg

IMG_1277-Copy_zpsae47ec87.jpg

Leak testing/flushing.  I used the kitten in case something sprung a leak.  Kitties make great sponges.

IMG_1289_zps16c2a77f.jpg

Leak testing went well, so I went ahead and filled the loop with pastel

IMG_1302_zpsadfc826c.jpg

Build log of the week. The cat is awesome, YES!!! JUST YES! GREAT !

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Those pics were from a few days ago.  Since then, I've been working on cable management and lighting.  I've still got a little ways to go, but I went ahead and did a mini shoot tonight.  Hope you guys enjoy!

Arc_zpsf243d0f0.png

IMG_1330_zps36d7630d.jpg

IMG_1336_zpsd6976547.jpg

IMG_1364_zpsec6a3fab.jpg

IMG_1367_zpsc10bdfd8.jpg

IMG_1362_zps84f60a31.jpg

IMG_1373_zps95f1aac5.jpg

IMG_1337_zps39d57035.jpg

IMG_1371_zpsa0d8e0e6.jpg

IMG_1368_zps7266d34b.jpg

IMG_1377_zps43126c7c.jpg

IMG_1352_zpsa1976413.jpg

IMG_1346_zpsbe4d9197.jpg

IMG_1345_zps10d1311b.jpg

IMG_1340_zps99eaf840.jpg

Sorry about the quality of some of the pics, I'm not much of a photographer.  I'll update again once I've finished the final touches and get my hands on a DSLR.  Thanks for checking out my thread!

No problem,

I really like the Green, Black and Grey color scheme, it is a pleasant change from black and red/blue  ^_^

Nice man this is awesome, good job! love your cat heheheh :P

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

The green in the graphics card looks amazing. Great job!

Wannabe enthusiast...proud owner of a 2005 STi though. BRAAAP!

If this build isn't build log of the week then I don't know what will be

Great job really amazing build ;) I'm loving the pastel green looks really nice :D

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

What a way to introduce yourself to the forum :D

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Thanks for the kind words and warm welcome guys, it really means a lot.  I feel kinda bad for posting what's essentially the whole build log all at once like this, but I promise I have some more changes and pics incoming :)

Looks great and that radiator in the front, wow just wow thats thick

Beutiful elegant build, great job! :)

Good pictures!

Thanks for the kind words and warm welcome guys, it really means a lot.  I feel kinda bad for posting what's essentially the whole build log all at once like this, but I promise I have some more changes and pics incoming :)

How would you possibly change this sexy beast?

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

This build is just gorgeous. I wish my system needed the upgrade to Haswell so I could have and excuse to build something like this.

How would you possibly change this sexy beast?

I'll be changing the lighting up a bit this week, but the major changes will be coming later on.  I'm still in the early planning stages, but I'm thinking about fabricating enclosures for the psu and 5.25" bays using aluminum and smoked acrylic.  I love the custom work that MetallicAcid did with his TJ108 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/31322-metallicacids-rog-v-gene-tj08-e/ and that inspired me to try something similar :)  Oh, and I'll be throwing in another Titan if my starving wallet can handle it lol.  A build isn't complete without moar Titans, amirite? :p

This build is just gorgeous. I wish my system needed the upgrade to Haswell so I could have and excuse to build something like this.

TY kind sir.  Trust me though, you're not missing out on too much when it comes to Haswell.  The main perk is the smexy new motherboards, but other than that it's just like Ivy Bridge but with higher temps lol.

Wow, that looks absolutely fantastic. I really do like the green builds when they pop up, and those radiators make the Great Wall of China seem thin...

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

I'll be changing the lighting up a bit this week, but the major changes will be coming later on.  I'm still in the early planning stages, but I'm thinking about fabricating enclosures for the psu and 5.25" bays using aluminum and smoked acrylic.  I love the custom work that MetallicAcid did with his TJ108 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/31322-metallicacids-rog-v-gene-tj08-e/ and that inspired me to try something similar :)  Oh, and I'll be throwing in another Titan if my starving wallet can handle it lol.  A build isn't complete without moar Titans, amirite? :P

TY kind sir.  Trust me though, you're not missing out on too much when it comes to Haswell.  The main perk is the smexy new motherboards, but other than that it's just like Ivy Bridge but with higher temps lol.

Ooh yummy :P can't wait.  Of course moar Titans are always better :P. Love the work!  And also this is now my wallpaper on my phone :)

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

That liquid looks awesome with the lighting you've done. Nice clean job

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Looks absolutely beautiful I love the bright green and black colour scheme and the lighting, great job!

Thanks guys!  I'll be posting a small update tomorrow once I get a few new parts in.  

I could use your opinions of something I'll be trying out though.  I've been thinking about using vandal switches to control the LED strips in my case.  I ordered a couple switches along with this mounting plate http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_374_412&products_id=24542 that'll go below the fan controller.  Thoughts?  I'm undecided until I see it in person, but let me know if you think it'll be cleaner without them.  Thanks again :D

that's turned out gorgeous, love it

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65