LTT FANS! + [!x10^6]

Syntaxvgm

I didn't realize you were selling them yourself. Do we have a rough ETA on them, and will there be an order limit?

I don't want to give an ETA (a lot can go wrong in the supply chain) but I don't plan to restrict orders in any way. Group buys might be a good way to save on shipping cost.

The difference is that ours will come orange by default, yes, and also that they will be normal (non industrial PPC) fans at the normal RPM range, so they'll be quieter than Noctua's other black fans.

Pricing will actually be (unfortunately) higher than a normal NF-F12, but not as high as the industrial variants.

And yes, we get a kickback on the fans.. sort of.. We actually have to BUY the inventory up front rather than doing this as just a licensing agreement. We'll be the only ones stocking the fan (or whatever warehouse solution we end up using. Maybe Amazon)

Why did you not go for be quiets? Their company colours are orange and black but yet to do a fan in those colours (they would match their cases).

I'm guessing it's "so good I'd put my name on it" thing which would be tge case for me with be quiets but I was expecting something a bit more exciting and vibrant.

That said, still happy that your getting your own fans but I'll be sticking to my Be Quiets and Phanteks.

I don't want to give an ETA (a lot can go wrong in the supply chain) but I don't plan to restrict orders in any way. Group buys might be a good way to save on shipping cost.

It's always hard to say how long it will be for hardware to be produced. (Just look at something like the Axent Wear headphones...)

Though, since you guys already have a manufacturer and everything on board, it will be much less time. Despite that, it is still really hard to give out an ETA for stuff like this. Since we have no idea large of an order will be placed. Will be it 1,000 fans? 2,000? 5,000?

Though, I imagine that it would be before the end of the year, since it is such a well-known manufacturer.

Still, the ETA is TBA/TBD at this current point in time.

Why did you not go for be quiets? Their company colours are orange and black but yet to do a fan in those colours (they would match their cases).

I'm guessing it's "so good I'd put my name on it" thing which would be tge case for me with be quiets but I was expecting something a bit more exciting and vibrant.

That said, still happy that your getting your own fans but I'll be sticking to my Be Quiets and Phanteks.

My personal guess why they went with Noctua over any other fan manufacturer is because of how well-regarded Noctua products are overall in terms of performance, quality, warranty, and many more factors.

LTT have been in a good relationship since many years back.

I wouldn't call the NF-F12 quiet, it's FOUR TIMES as loud as the Silent Wings 2 and only has barely 9% more airflow to show for all that noise.

That's right, Noctua fans aren't the best for airflow to noise ratio despite what people think, but people just blindly think they are cause >muh Linus, >muh high price tag, >muh design features.

That said they are as durable as fuck, although I think be quiet are leading the way for silent fans, the new silent wings 3 will have a 6 poll motor which I'm super excited about and be quiet are still really durable.

The only other fan that has a 6 poll motor is the industrial Noctuas, although the industrials have a quiet tick so even though they run as smooth as hell, they aren't ideal for silence even though they can go to low enough speed.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

Only if you believe the spec listed by the manufacturers. 

BTW, there is no standardized method for manufacturer to test their fan. This makes comparing different brands of fans based on spec alone less than useful. 

This is why I always wait for https://www.youtube.com/user/CoolingTechniqueTo post a live sound and performance test.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

That's right, Noctua fans aren't the best for airflow to noise ratio despite what people think, but people just blindly think they are cause >muh Linus, >muh high price tag, >muh design features.

That said they are as durable as fuck, although I think be quiet are leading the way for silent fans, the new silent wings 3 will have a 6 poll motor which I'm super excited about and be quiet are still really durable.

The only other fan that has a 6 poll motor is the industrial Noctuas, although the industrials have a quiet tick so even though they run as smooth as hell, they aren't ideal for silence even though they can go to low enough speed.

Sorry but real world tests say Noctua is in fact pretty much the best for noise/airflow ratios, not to mention actually having static pressure for radiators. https://www.youtube.com/user/CoolingTechnique

Be Quiet is far behind in spite of the spec sheets.

The Noctua Industrial have no tick from my experience with them, but they're nowhere near as quiet at low speeds.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Do want

137c.jpg

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

YES PLEASE! I just wish there were 14's available.. I try to only use 140mm fans and would buy 4 immediately if they were around. :D

New Noctua stuff... hope these new accessories actually arrive to Italian retailers

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

Sorry but real world tests say Noctua is in fact pretty much the best for noise/airflow ratios, not to mention actually having static pressure for radiators. https://www.youtube.com/user/CoolingTechnique

Be Quiet is far behind in spite of the spec sheets.

The Noctua Industrial have no tick from my experience with them, but they're nowhere near as quiet at low speeds.

I believe Coolingtechniques graphs show there's better than the nf-f12s, as to the noctuas industrials, I will be more specific, I bought three nf-a14s 2000rpm, and when I PWMed them down to 400 rpm or so, I heard a faint tick on all three I've owned, I thought they were faulty until I bought several from different stores.

As for the be quiets, I haven't looked at there graphs/spec sheets once, I just think they are great from real world experience, they also have a better/easier mounting system for the anti vibration mounts (which make a massive difference).

Bare in mind this is all coming from a silence freak, anything above 500rpm tends to be too loud for me, and I run most fans at 350 rpm and at that point it's more motor noise and case vibrations than anything. Also, I care more about the fans being silent that the airflow:noise ratio, I can't get the noctuas I own to be silent.

System specs

Peripherals

I believe Coolingtechniques graphs show there's better than the nf-f12s, as to the noctuas industrials, I will be more specific, I bought three nf-a14s 2000rpm, and when I PWMed them down to 400 rpm or so, I heard a faint tick on all three I've owned, I thought they were faulty until I bought several from different stores.

As for the be quiets, I haven't looked at there graphs/spec sheets once, I just think they are great from real world experience, they also have a better/easier mounting system for the anti vibration mounts (which make a massive difference).

Bare in mind this is all coming from a silence freak, anything above 500rpm tends to be too loud for me, and I run most fans at 350 rpm and at that point it's more motor noise and case vibrations than anything. Also, I care more about the fans being silent that the airflow:noise ratio, I can't get the noctuas I own to be silent.

You get clicking in any multi-phase motor.

The NF-P12s my brother has in his case and on his 480mm Alphacool Monsta are basically inaudible even at full blast, and he's on a Lian Li full tower with no fancy sound cancellation foam, and the radiator fans don't even have the extra quiet rubber mounting pegs, just screws. You must have a seriously resonant case or poor luck to be having that much noise.

There are a couple of fans these days which beat some of Noctua's older stuff, but if you saw the fans they demo'ed at computex, you can see they'll hold the crown again very soon. I did some extra digging, and it turns out Nidec Servo got enough fan mail to license the Gentle Typhoons to the OEM who'd pay top dollar. Compare the new Noctua designs to the Gentle Typhoon. It's the EXACT same fan blade pattern with a couple Noctua touches such as the turbulence ridges, but with a fluid dynamic bearing (SSO2 is a variant of fluid dynamic bearings) and a 3-phase motor. 2015/2016 should be fun.

Wow, you must have Superman's ears. A HDD spinning might sound like thunder to you. I run my NF-F12s at 750rpm, five of them, and happy how quiet they are. 

YES PLEASE! I just wish there were 14's available.. I try to only use 140mm fans and would buy 4 immediately if they were around. :D

There will be NF-A14s in "LTT edition" colours too :)

There will be NF-A14s in "LTT edition" colours too :)

I think the fans want to know if there will be anything else branding wise on the fans other than orange rubber?

My personal guess why they went with Noctua over any other fan manufacturer is because of how well-regarded Noctua products are overall in terms of performance, quality, warranty, and many more factors.

LTT have been in a good relationship since many years back.

Nailed it. I saw behind the scenes data for product failure at a retailer for years, and while we didn't carry some of the other brands mentioned here (notably bequiet) I need to go with what I KNOW is safe to put my name on.

We've never done anything like this before so there is no room for mistakes.

Nailed it. I saw behind the scenes data for product failure at a retailer for years, and while we didn't carry some of the other brands mentioned here (notably bequiet) I need to go with what I KNOW is safe to put my name on.

Off topic, but do you use custom cables for your HD600s?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

OMG. AN ORANGE AND BLACK NOCTUA. My life is complete. Finally some decent fans for my orange and black build in progress!!!!!

Please make sure i can source these in Australia (shipping from US is fine... as long as Australia isn't missing from available shipping counties which is what usually happens.)

I'm sure there are many many more Aussies hapopy to source this awesome product.

Or you could get Cougar CF-V12HP, they're just as good as NF-F12's, and orange + black.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Will there be any AF version of it or is it only the NF-F12's?

Either way, i want to pre-order 8 of those in red plixplox :D

It is almost as if I knew what I was talking about.

@LinusTech

Will you be doing a overview of these fans. Nothing serious, i know testing fans is no joke. Maybe just a moment on the wan show or something. I'm aware specs haven't changed and their is no reason to review other than hype. I normally recommend cheaper fans but, seeing as these have a unique "swag" factor and you get a kickback i feel like that justifies the price a little more. Although much more risk is involved with fans than a shirt i'm glad you took the risk and hope it pays off.

Wow, you must have Superman's ears. A HDD spinning might sound like thunder to you. I run my NF-F12s at 750rpm, five of them, and happy how quiet they are. 

Actually that's true, haha! Mechanical HDD noise pisses me off, the place I'm stationed at has a super low noise floor.

I even have my HDD on a custom made mount, which helps though.

System specs

Peripherals

They better be available here or I have to go to their office (10 minute drive) and cause some trouble ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

@LinusTech will they be available in EU? Or NA only?

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

I'm guessing there'll be some kind of linus logo on the center of the fan part or something.

I'm guessing there'll be some kind of linus logo on the center of the fan part or something.