Headphone recommendations?

Kylis

I didn't the know the M50X's have noise cancelling @.@

Yeah, there really really strong passive noise cancelling though. Can barely hear my doorbell or phone ring.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

This is entertainment, pity I don't have any popcorn here.

... There is only one top headphone, and it's not hard finding it (unless your ignorant, and it seems like that's what all of the people with "good reputation" are)...

Hilarious, I wished it was true though as I would have only needed to by one instead of the currently 4 (Bose, Sennheiser, Beyerdynamics and Grado) I have for all kind of different tasks.

@Kylis:

As was mentioned closest to your wishes is probably the new Sennheiser Momentum. I got the non wireless ones and the cups ended up a tiny bit small, apparently they fixed that on the wireless version. Sound quality is good and the bass isn't overwhelming.

Unfortunately I can't recommend much other Wireless options or Surround for that matter as I'm old school stereo guy.

Best recommendation is to find a good store where you can test listen from your own source. Take your time whit each test and bring different kind of recordings with you that reflect your needs (and a good player if you have). Keep them on for more than 10min to assess comfort.

If you do decide to scratch Wireless and Surround give the Beyerdynamics Custom One Pro a try, they aren't for everyone but might be what you're looking for.

Good luck finding what you desire.

I am in the Los Angeles area, would anyone have any recommendations as far as places to test a good range of headphones? preferably with my own source for audio if possible.

Guitar Center?

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Even though I WOULDNT recommend 

Jesus christ, I'm just trying to recommend 

Er what?

You contradict yourself.

What i have learned, is dont post an answer in the audio forum if you dont know what exactly you are talking about.

Dont post if you are just going to say you have theses 100$ headphones, when the guy is looking for 500$ headphones.

Even if you are not recomed them, why are you posting?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Personally, I use ATH-m40x with an Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 sound card.

Current rig: CPU: i5 4460; MoBo: Asrock H81m-VG4 r2.0; GPU: Zotac GTX 960 Metal Gear Solid; RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 8GB: PSU: Cooler Master VS 500; Case: Cooler Master N200 Window; Heatsink: Cooler Master Hyper 212x; 

Er what?

You contradict yourself.

What i have learned, is dont post an answer in the audio forum if you dont know what exactly you are talking about.

Dont post if you are just going to say you have theses 100$ headphones, when the guy is looking for 500$ headphones.

Even if you are not recomed them, why are you posting?

I don't contradict myself, you edited out some parts. I was explaining something with a hypothetical scenario. Read the rest of the story until you make an idiot out of yourself.

Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: i7 4790k || Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO || GPU: GTX 770 || Mobo: Z97 PC Mate || Storage: 240GB Sandisk Extreme Pro || RAM: 4x4GB 1333mHz

I don't contradict myself, you edited out some parts. I was explaining something with a hypothetical scenario. Read the rest of the story until you make an idiot out of yourself.

You did, I edited the unimportant parts

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You did, I edited the unimportant parts

37287023.jpg

Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: i7 4790k || Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO || GPU: GTX 770 || Mobo: Z97 PC Mate || Storage: 240GB Sandisk Extreme Pro || RAM: 4x4GB 1333mHz

I never said that the m50xs were the best, I clearly stated somewhere in the thread that I know there are better headphones out there. I just can't reccommend them to anyone.

Jesus christ, I'm just trying to recommend some headphones to someone.

37287023.jpg

THere, look above.

He's serious, and he is correct in his statement.

I'm so confused at this point. Can someone explain? I was not contradicting myself, that was two different scenarios and he edited out parts, so it looked like one scenario.

I'm so confused at this point. Can someone explain? I was not contradicting myself, that was two different scenarios and he edited out parts, so it looked like one scenario.

Zach Is Kill, on 06 Jun 2015 - 12:32 AM, said:snapback.png

I never said that the m50xs were the best, I clearly stated somewhere in the thread that I know there are better headphones out there. I just can't reccommend them to anyone.

Jesus christ, I'm just trying to recommend some headphones to someone.

Zach Is Kill, on 06 Jun 2015 - 12:32 AM, said:snapback.png

Nothing contradicts itself in my quote, it could use better wording, but english wasn't my first language anyways. I was trying to say that I like the m50x it works for me, it might work for other people. There are better headphones out there, I haven't done much research on better headphones, but I'm recommending headphones that I have experience with. I cant recommend a pair of headphones that I know nothing about. 

Nothing contradicts itself in my quote, it could use better wording, but english wasn't my first language anyways. I was trying to say that I like the m50x it works for me, it might work for other people. There are better headphones out there, I haven't done much research on better headphones, but I'm recommending headphones that I have experience with. I cant recommend a pair of headphones that I know nothing about. 

And you should not recomend headphones just because oyu have them.

They dont fit OP's needs.

Even if you didnt mean to contradict,

you should not recomend headphones just becuase you have them and like them.

If you dont have much experience, dont recomend anything at all.

Personally, I use ATH-m40x with an Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 sound card.

uhhhhhhh...you should read the post before posting

And you should not recomend headphones just because oyu have them.

They dont fit OP's needs.

Even if you didnt mean to contradict,

you should not recomend headphones just becuase you have them and like them.

If you dont have much experience, dont recomend anything at all.

I don't quite understand. Its just a recommendation. They can be ignored. Didn't need to get gut punched by several people. Just needs to be ignored.

uhhhhhhh...you should read the post before posting

27419762cab1ccb2208605969f5b5aad.png

3063ca39637f9ed1f8d42ed67fe04c1f.png

rkcmd = Kylis?

I don't quite understand. Its just a recommendation. They can be ignored. Didn't need to get gut punched by several people. Just needs to be ignored.

False information can influence people badly.

Dont recomend something if it doesnt fit OP's needs.

If it "Just needs to be ignored." Then dont post it

Well if we don't then OP may think that it really is a good option, so it is needed to weed out bad answers.

Well if we don't then OP may think that it really is a good option, so it is needed to weed out bad answers.

Then all you need to say is, "There are better headphones than the M50X." Not, "DONT POST BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT"

Then all you need to say is, "There are better headphones than the M50X." Not, "DONT POST BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT"

Well this wouldn't have been a big issue if you hadn't continued it.

WEll you should not post if you dont know what you are talking about.

Confusing to people looking for advice.

WEll you should not post if you dont know what you are talking about.

Confusing to people looking for advice.

I'm done, I can't get my point across. just keep getting shot down.