Networking Error 0x80070035 path not found

TJS

Hey guys, So I recently began encountering this error on my daily driver turned weekend driver due to school. I can remote desktop into all the other computers on the network and I can also ping them by both name and IP, however, If I go into networking in my computer and double click another computer on the network Instead of getting a pop up for login in I get the Error "The network path was not found".

Solutions I have tried.

-Checking that sharing is enabled on all the computers

-Disabling any homegroups that were created by mistake

-Checking to make sure every computer is in the same workgroup

-disabling anti virus ( another computer on the network has the same anti virus software and it can log into other computers just fine )

-disabling start up programs and all services other than microsofts

-Checking device manager for extra microsoft 6to4 networks by showing hidden devices. ( I seem to have a ton of different WAN miniports when i display hidden devices in device manager)

I am at a loss as to why I can no longer map a network drive or connect to other computers view the network section. I can still connect to my wireless printer but no other computer on the network. The machine runs windows 7 ultimate SP 1

I would be INCREDIBLY greatful if you guys would help me out in solving this perplexing problem of mine.

Thanks

Any information on the hardware you're using if you're using virtual networks what sort of firewalls. If you're using windows vista/7/8 if you're using homegroup.

First suggestion I would have is restart your router and or switch/hub.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

Hardware:

Asus Z68-V Mobo

MSI 6950 1gb

8gb 1600 mhz 1.65 volt Ram

Intel 320 series 160gb SSD

2tb WD green

Seasonic xgold PSU 660w

Im not using any virtual networks that I know of. I simply just have my network setup so I can access the other computers. Im not currently using Homegroup

I have tried restarting the hub no luck. All other computers can access each other, including the computer having issues. The problem Comp just cant access any of the computers on the network via the network window and it wont allow network drive mapping.

Thanks for the reply!

have you installed any new software lately. Perhaps try creating a homegroup. It will configure all your firewall settings for you. I believe it even uses UPNP so aslong as your router supports it, it'll fix that too.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4