Thermaltake in danger of being removed from market

MeDownYou

Not born here - not even Chinese. I'm just living here because my parents got jobs here. I'm European :3

I had a feeling you might say that, that's why I wrote "someone in China" instead of Chinese. B)

Great, now I'll never get an X9.

This happens and I won't be buying from any of the ripped off companies, as they're too expensive.

Shit. I wanted an X9.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

I meant does anyone really care about thermaltake being removed. I hate that they copied other people.

I can't say that I ever wanted to buy one of their products, so I likely wont mind if they were gone...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

#thermalgate ethics in case design

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

So Legit, very reviews, wow. Never heard of them.

Legit has been around for a while. They're decent.

So Legit, very reviews, wow. Never heard of them.

There have been here for quite some time, 13 years to be exact. ever heard of xbitlabs?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

You still can its just a Caselabs copy of the Mercury series cases.

Not paying that ridiculous amount of money. Plus, for the size, I'd prefer a plastic case as I wouldn't need a forklift/second person to help move the damned thing when I was done building in it.

i never thought i'd find a case that would make a stock intel cooler LOUDER.

heck, my antec could make a fanless system loud...

Dayum.....

Shit. I wanted an X9.

Me too bro, me too

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

They won't be missed.

You must be new around here..

Thermaltake used to be one of the greats in the case making bussiness.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

If they go out of business, I look forward to getting a T81 on clearance sale :)

Seems fitting that someone in China would ask that question. They shamelessly rip off anything and everything.

racism? lol

Does anyone really care (if they were removed from market)?

Well might be problematic here since we don't have a lot of brands and the prices are... yeah... so Thermaltake is quite a good option.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Not paying that ridiculous amount of money. Plus, for the size, I'd prefer a plastic case as I wouldn't need a forklift/second person to help move the damned thing when I was done building in it.

Actually its not terrible even for there Mercury cases mean yeah for budgets they are out of the question

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

racism? lol

Doesn't have anything to do with race, Taiwanese people for example are pretty much identical to (mainland) Chinese people in both race and culture. It's about typical business practices and government regulation in a particular country, and in China ripoffs are endemic.

You must be new around here..

Thermaltake used to be one of the greats in the case making bussiness.

I had a Thermaltake Xaser III from way back. You know... the one with the door covering the drive bays complete with a locking mechanism for said door and side windowed panel with a key?  I even had one of their coolers with them orange fans.  That was my first "enthusiast" case.  Never bought any Thermaltake products since then cuz quite frankly, others had better products as I kept building PC's over the years.

I know about Thermaltake from way back.  Nice try. :P

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Yeah, go ahead an sue and be laughed the fuck out of court, please.

We should burn down their HQ as well 

You+re+damn+right+he+is+_233e592caf30ca8

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Doesn't have anything to do with race, Taiwanese people for example are pretty much identical to (mainland) Chinese people in both race and culture. It's about typical business practices and government regulation in a particular country, and in China ripoffs are endemic.

What do the Rip-Offs and Low Quality Products in China have anything to do with the Other guy you wrote your "Seems Fitting" Comment too? Like what was the reason behind it? ;)

What do the Rip-Offs and Low Quality Products in China have anything to do with the Other guy you wrote your "Seems Fitting" Comment too? Like what was the reason behind it? ;)

It was a facetious remark, based on the fact that ripoffs are so widespread in China and thus Chinese attitudes would be expected to be more accepting of ripoffs.

Though it turns out he actually meant "who cares" as in who cares if Thermaltake gets shut down, rather than who cares if Thermaltake rips off everything.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

So you are okay with companies blatantly copying anothers designs and then calling it their own? You like cheap and cheaply built products it seems regardless for their origin.

As Jay mentioned on TechTalk last night, the waterblock looks to be the exact same so it is likely a licensed product. Or well we can hope it is.

I had a Thermaltake Xaser III from way back. You know... the one with the door covering the drive bays complete with a locking mechanism for said door and side windowed panel with a key?  I even had one of their coolers with them orange fans.  That was my first "enthusiast" case.  Never bought any Thermaltake products since then cuz quite frankly, others had better products as I kept building PC's over the years.

I know about Thermaltake from way back.  Nice try. :P

I still have the Xaser III, that's what I'm using for my rig.

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

So you are okay with companies blatantly copying anothers designs and then calling it their own? You like cheap and cheaply built products it seems regardless for their origin.

It's called competition, it's how capitalism is supposed to work, Instead of being butthurt about it, caselabs and these other companies should find a way to offer the same service and quality, at a lower price to the consumer.

I doubt the Core X9 is an exact copy of the Caselabs equivalent, meaning that Caselabs complaint is no different than apple complaining about people making rectangular phones with rounded edges.

(when I say exact, I mean EXACT. Same materials, same mounting points, same dimensions and measurements, a literal photo-copy)

We should burn down their HQ as well 

You+re+damn+right+he+is+_233e592caf30ca8

Hooch is crazy.....

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It's called competition, it's how capitalism is supposed to work, Instead of being butthurt about it, caselabs and these other companies should find a way to offer the same service and quality, at a lower price to the consumer.

I doubt the Core X9 is an exact copy of the Caselabs equivalent, meaning that Caselabs complaint is no different than apple complaining about people making rectangular phones with rounded edges.

(when I say exact, I mean EXACT. Same materials, same mounting points, same dimensions and measurements, a literal photo-copy

They are not being butt hurt about it, it is something that is illegal and is serious. ThermalFakes knock offs will never be as high quality as Caselab. The Core X9 is not an exact copy but it does not have to be, it just has to have enough of a copy to be wrong and illegal. Capitalism is not based off stealing and profiting it is about making a better product. Thermalfake has not done that, they have provided a better price but not a better product. They re in the wrong and anyone who supports their actions is a shitty person and is there demographics, those who don't care about others and only want something cheap. Also that don't mind much lower quality products.