Thermaltake in danger of being removed from market

MeDownYou

The plot thickens as the thermaltake and caselabs story continues with some more information and a list put out by Legit Reviews. Among the designs copied they come from many players such as swiftech, fractal designs, corsair, NZXT, Caselabs, and more. 

Original link:http://www.techpowerup.com/213197/thermaltake-draws-flack-for-ripping-off-other-brands-products.html

"Legit Reviews compiled a list of other products Thermaltake copied in a similar way. These include its Riing series fans, which resemble Corsair Air Series 120 mm; the Commander FT fan-controller copies some UI design elements from the NZXT Sentry 3; and the most blatant rip-off being the W2 CPU water block, which looks identical to the Swiftech Apogee XL.

Perhaps the biggest victim of this episode is CaseLabs. A very small player in the PC case industry, CaseLabs is critically acclaimed, and loved by PC enthusiasts to come up with some of the most original high-end case designs. The company's Merlin SM8 and TH10 cases are copied by Thermaltake into two of its prototype cases exhibited at Computex. These examples alone are class-action bait that, if pursued, could lead to a trade-ban for Thermaltake in markets such as the US and EU"

-Techpowerup

Link to old caselab calls thermaltake out thread:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/379036-vice-president-of-caselabs-calls-out-thermaltake-for-directly-copying-their-designs-computex-2015/

Old thread Quote: Courtesy of Mysticode

Shown at Computex this week, the new "Premium" cases from Thermaltake are near direct copies from CaseLabs.

Kevin Keating the vice-president at CaseLabs, has called out case designer Shannon Robb from Thermaltake, with picture proof, of stealing the design.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1413341898991146&id=100009460486462&pnref=story

In the comments of that thread are some of the top modders (including Bill Owen) and case designers out there, backing up Kevin Keating's story.

post-172131-0-89499600-1433509196.jpg

post-172131-0-97983800-1433509198.jpg

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

They won't be missed.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Great, now I'll never get an X9.

This happens and I won't be buying from any of the ripped off companies, as they're too expensive.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

"Legit Reviews"

So Legit, very reviews, wow. Never heard of them.

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

no, they just need to die a painful death.

Lump AZZA in there for their horrible case that I bought as my first case.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

crying-waterfalls.gif

Does anyone really care (if they were removed from market)?

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

They won't be missed.

For you, but they do make some great things, so don't try and make your opinion a fact.

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

Lump AZZA in there for their horrible case that I bought as my first case.

i never thought i'd find a case that would make a stock intel cooler LOUDER.

heck, my antec could make a fanless system loud...

For you, but they do make some great things, so don't try and make your opinion a fact.

Yes for me.  Thanks for pointing it out.  Actually it's been that way since my Thermaltake Xaser days.  That's the only Thermaltake product I've ever had.

You're right.  They do make great things... great COPIED things by the looks of it. 

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Yes for me. Thanks for pointing it out.

And yes they do make great things... great COPIED things. :rolleyes:

Not everything they make is copied, but a LOT of their stuff is just copied

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

Does anyone really care?

Seems fitting that someone in China would ask that question. They shamelessly rip off anything and everything.

So ThermalFake might finally get the book thrown at them. Good.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Great, now I'll never get an X9.

This happens and I won't be buying from any of the ripped off companies, as they're too expensive.

You still can its just a Caselabs copy of the Mercury series cases.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Yeah, it was necessary after seeing how much they copies I guess..

can someone please find something to sue antec for?

no, they just need to die a painful death.

i never thought i'd find a case that would make a stock intel cooler LOUDER.

heck, my antec could make a fanless system loud...

My build has an Antec case and PSU, but is fine ಠ_ಠ

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Antec PSUs are for the most part very good, and their cases are just generally rather old-fashioned.

Antec PSUs are for the most part very good, and their cases are just generally rather old-fashioned.

the case is nothing fancy and I guess I can see how it could be loud..

But don't have anything to complain about really.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Seems fitting that someone in China would ask that question. They shamelessly rip off anything and everything.

Not born here - not even Chinese. I'm just living here because my parents got jobs here. I'm European :3

Well, now I wonder who really designed my Thermaltake PSU.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

i'm pretty sure they have stuff thats fine, i just like to pick on them for my server case, that thing literally has nothing good about it.

(except probably the most sturdy side panels ever)

crying-waterfalls.gif

Does anyone really care?

There are always similarities between products between brands at varying degrees, but the fact that half of the stuff they showed at computex was painfully similar to products from other brands, and made very poorly half the time (bare aluminium radiators, and glycol based coolant) still boggles my mind

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

The Riing vs Corsair is stretching it a little.

And headline is misleading. Most likely the cases in question won't be sold, not banning Thermaltake outright.

There are always similarities between products between brands at varying degrees, but the fact that half of the stuff they showed at computex was painfully similar to products from other brands, and made very poorly half the time (bare aluminium radiators, and glycol based coolant) still boggles my mind

I meant does anyone really care about thermaltake being removed. I hate that they copied other people.