Thoughts on US gun laws.

MrDynamicMan

Guns need to go away imo.

Yes, criminals could get them, but much, much harder.

Look in Europe, it works here.

In America we love freedom. We also look at gun laws enacted from some of Europe's luminaries like Hitler and Mussolini. In 1776 we were like Iraq and England was like the US. It turned out differently. We look at Europe and can't understand why you guys hate freedom and like being told what to do. Europeans actually still buy into the whole global warming hoax? 

No guns= no freedom

I want what you are smoking.

Just a quick question: what do you need to purchase a (semi- auto/ full- auto) rifle? If just your id then I think they are crazy. At least where I live everyone must do special courses and classes for the purchase of any gun (only pistols are allowed for civilians)

To get a full auto rifle, you need an FFL and some other stuff. It's very expensive and difficult to get them.

Getting a regular semi auto rifle is easy. If they forced people to go to classes it'd violate the 2nd amendment to some degree because people who work two jobs aren't going to be able to go to classes, and they need guns for self defense more than most people.

Also, considering that pistols cause something around 20x more homocides than long guns in the US... banning civilians from owning rifles but not pistols is pretty backward. I don't get why people focus on rifle ownership? Is it because spree shootings are the (seemingly) most likely way to die from a gun if you're upper or middle class, or is it just that those show up on the news a lot?

No guns= no freedom

I want what you are smoking.

2013_01_10_Ben_Shapiro_Guns.jpg

(this was the first result on google, I'm too lazy to find it in the actual interview)

All those not in favor of the 2nd Amendment...I give you this.

giphy.gif

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

The violence issue in the US does not stem from the firearms laws. The majority of the violent crime in the US is concentrated in the impoverished urban areas of the US. 

The problem of violence stems from education problems, poverty problems, and cultural problems. 

I have been a competitive pistol shooter for the last 5 years IDPA and IPSC. I shoot between 5-10,000 rounds a years through many different firearms, and I have even gone a step farther and own a few NFA firearms. Firearms can be a perfectly safe hobby, just like motorcycles, horse racing, car racing, or even fishing. 

All those not in favor of the 2nd Amendment...I give you this.

*Snip*

Please remain respectful. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

The violence issue in the US does not stem from the firearms laws. The majority of the violent crime in the US is concentrated in the impoverished urban areas of the US. 

The problem of violence stems from education problems, poverty problems, and cultural problems. 

I have been a competitive pistol shooter for the last 5 years IDPA and IPSC. I shoot between 5-10,000 rounds a years through many different firearms, and I have even gone a step farther and own a few NFA firearms. Firearms can be a perfectly safe hobby, just like motorcycles, horse racing, car racing, or even fishing. 

Exactly

Also I would like a gun to protect my family, and neighbors in case something happens, whether it be petty thieves, or the world plunges in to chaos

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

still allow bb guns and air soft, and make a licence for the rest and make it hard for it to be accessible, just like Australia. Although you get like a $500 fine if you are found with a gun without a licence, my neighbor had x2 semi autos and got fined $550/

Australia is a terrible example! We still have mass murders and instead of having as many shootings as somewhere like America, which might i add has alot more people than us we make up for with stabbings, also we have had like 4 shootings in the past month.....

Australia is a terrible example! We still have mass murders and instead of having as many shootings as somewhere like America, which might i add has alot more people than us we make up for with stabbings, also we have had like 4 shootings in the past month.....

Yea what? In Sydney where or the derros are doing dodgy deals

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Yea what? In Sydney where or the derros are doing dodgy deals

No there are plenty of stabbings in Melbourne and QLD isn't in the best situation either with all the MC's doing most of there business from there.

Thing is, he's kinda right. The world is getting warmer and that's not really directly connected to pollution, or at least vehicular pollution.

Pollution emitted by cars is a drop in the ocean. And even if there wasn't pollution at all, the world would still get warmer since the Earth is in a warming cycle.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

I understand the need for rifles if you own a farm or live in the country side, but there's no point to owning an automatic or anything else as lethal . . . Needless to say if most guns were outlawed, there would be far less shootings. 

Thing is, he's kinda right. The world is getting warmer and that's not really directly connected to pollution, or at least vehicular pollution.

Pollution emitted by cars is a drop in the ocean. And even if there wasn't pollution at all, the world would still get warmer since the Earth is in a warming cycle.

So I guess you are climate scientist then. Could you link me to your peer reviewed study on the subject where it clearly proves your points?

http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Well once the zombie apocalypse shows up no one will be complaining...

:/

Having a gun back home is fine, but carrying with you is the problem. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Having a gun back home is fine, but carrying with you is the problem. 

Why is that a problem? If someone's actually gone and put the effort in to get a CCW permit, they're probably not gonna go commit some crimes with it.

I ask this question is civilian firearms useful for actually fighting off modern tyranny? Goverments always have and better resources than civilians for combat so... Cops who are doing job have to worry way to much about offenders and nut jobs with firearms because they are so common with no restrictions. Mass murders drop (because it's harder to do a large massacre without a gun or a smaller gun)when the number of firearms goes down and you don't have a full on gun culture where they are a status symbol.

I don't particularly survivalists who think their gun and a small cellar would protect them in a long civil war or country destroying apocalypse. Chances are you will run out of food or ammunition. And neither of those things your used to will be easily accessible anymore. I'm not anti civilian guns, but I do common sense, responsibility, registration, background checks, and only civilian applicable guns available. Ie no full autos, chain guns, and pure military ammunition and rifles. That's my two cents

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Not even gonna get started on this.

Nope, soooo much ignorance and nope.

I ask this question is civilian firearms useful for actually fighting off modern tyranny? Goverments always have and better resources than civilians for combat so... Cops who are doing job have to worry way to much about offenders and nut jobs with firearms because they are so common with no restrictions. Mass murders drop (because it's harder to do a large massacre without a gun or a smaller gun)when the number of firearms goes down and you don't have a full on gun culture where they are a status symbol.
I don't particularly survivalists who think their gun and a small cellar would protect them in a long civil war or country destroying apocalypse. Chances are you will run out of food or ammunition. And neither of those things your used to will be easily accessible anymore. I'm not anti civilian guns, but I do common sense, responsibility, registration, background checks, and only civilian applicable guns available. Ie no full autos, chain guns, and pure military ammunition and rifles. That's my two cents

Saying this once.

The entire US military could not stop 60 million gun owners. And the police would not be on the side of the government, if only for self preservation.

two words, "unwinnable, insurgency".

I'm out.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Saying this once.

The entire US military could not stop 60 million gun owners. And the police would not be on the side of the government, if only for self preservation.

I'm out.

So if I follow your logic. Tanks, and bombers who can wipe entire areas are weaker than a bunch of gun owners. (Let's remember the U.S. Has nukes too)

I can agree the allegiance of the police would vary.

Also 60 million gun owners spread across entire U.S. Territory chances are would end fighting each other as much as gov afterwards.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

So if I follow your logic. Tanks, and bombers who can wipe entire areas are weaker than a bunch of gun owners. (Let's remember the U.S. Has nukes too)

I can agree the allegiance of the police would vary.

Also 60 million gun owners spread across entire U.S. Territory chances are would end fighting each other as much as gov afterwards.

Yes, but they wouldn't be able to use those (at least not everywhere). Take into account that we've had our asses handed to us by insurgencies in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Why? Because the public behind the government, aren't going to support the whole-sale bombing of a city, to get just the insurgents living in it. We could have easily wiped out the communists in Vietnam, but we didn't,, why? Because it was a televised war, and the politicians worried about losing the support of the public at home.

the same thing would apply in the US. It wouldn't be people living in the mountains, those people would move into the cities, where the military can't bring its full force down on them without killing thousands of innocent people.

Not to mention the large portion of the military that would NOT fight against their own families and people. The government would just not win.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Guns are ingrained into the fabric of our country. It was armed ordinary citizens in large part who rebelled against Britain. Bad things happen when one group has a monopoly on force. Do you think it's a coincidence that totalitarian regimes like North Korea don't allow guns? So it's very ignorant to say that that anyone with a gun is a redneck looney, you don't understand our culture. Banning guns won't work. We've spent a trillion dollars on the drug war in the last 50 years, and where has it got us? Nowhere. Drugs galore in this country. Do you really think gun control would do any better? Newsflash, CRIMINALS DON'T FOLLOW LAWS.The murder capitol of the country is Chicago, and they have some of the toughest gun control in the country.

Mass shootings always happen in gun free zones, where cowardly shooters know everyone is defenseless. England has such a high robbery rate because thugs KNOW that every person you assault is disarmed, where as in plenty of places in America where everyone carries, robbing someone is rolling the dice on your own life. I know plenty of people who carry, and a few people who have defended themselves with their guns.

Would you rather burglarize a house in England, or a house in the backwoods of West Virginia?

America's gun laws are sufficient. If you buy a gun in a gun store, buy one from someone who's day job is selling guns, or mail one over state borders, you must get a background check. The background check system should be made more thorough, the Federal system doesn't always find people with certain convictions. Buying a gun from your bro in his basement does not require a background check, and that would be unenforceable anyway.

Saying this once.

I'm out.

The government lets guns for citizens exists because their weapons against citizens are completely different: Social engineering and Opinion manipulation are way more effective to keep people under control than the threat of violence (Unless said threat of violence comes in the form of opinion manipulation i.e. the war against drugs and the war against terrorism and other fictions)

-------

Current Rig

-------

No, the militia population could not win a full out fight against the US military.  The result at best would be a drawn out conflict killing tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of innocent civilians... sounds like... Iraq?

Knowledge is a better asset than the firearms.  Having an intelligent military is a way better defence against an oppressive government.

...and I am not anti-gun... I am anti stupid.  I love holding my cousin's AR (and his 1911), thing is freakin' cool.  Here in Toronto though, he can only transport it to and from the range.  Absolutely not stopping in between.  If he stops for gas and he gets caught with it in a lock box in the trunk, he gets in trouble.

Guns need to go away imo.

Yes, criminals could get them, but much, much harder.

Look in Europe, it works here.

Actually in most of European countries, you can get guns, but the rules are really strict, there are lots of limitations about caliber, and you won't see anyone with a full-auto, and they can't be carried around like they do in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overview_of_gun_laws_by_nation#European_Union

What they are now + Stricter background checks. 

Guns are ingrained into the fabric of our country. It was armed ordinary citizens in large part who rebelled against Britain. Bad things happen when one group has a monopoly on force. Do you think it's a coincidence that totalitarian regimes like North Korea don't allow guns? So it's very ignorant to say that that anyone with a gun is a redneck looney, you don't understand our culture. Banning guns won't work. We've spent a trillion dollars on the drug war in the last 50 years, and where has it got us? Nowhere. Drugs galore in this country. Do you really think gun control would do any better? Newsflash, CRIMINALS DON'T FOLLOW LAWS.The murder capitol of the country is Chicago, and they have some of the toughest gun control in the country.

Mass shootings always happen in gun free zones, where cowardly shooters know everyone is defenseless. England has such a high robbery rate because thugs KNOW that every person you assault is disarmed, where as in plenty of places in America where everyone carries, robbing someone is rolling the dice on your own life. I know plenty of people who carry, and a few people who have defended themselves with their guns.

Would you rather burglarize a house in England, or a house in the backwoods of West Virginia?

America's gun laws are sufficient. If you buy a gun in a gun store, buy one from someone who's day job is selling guns, or mail one over state borders, you must get a background check. The background check system should be made more thorough, the Federal system doesn't always find people with certain convictions. Buying a gun from your bro in his basement does not require a background check, and that would be unenforceable anyway.

Well generally in England, or indeed the whole of the UK, they wait until you've left your house to burgle you. It doesn't matter how tooled up you are if you're not there.

Actually our very strict gun laws does a pretty good job of keeping guns out of the hand of criminals. And if they do get their hands on one it's a big deal using it because replacements are hard to come buy for all but the best connected. Admitted not sharing a land border with a country in which guns are freely available helps.

I'm also a little confused by Americans assertion that they need guns to protect themselves from their own government. Why the hell would the US Government launch an attack on it own citizens? There is some serious paranoia going on. What are you afraid they are going to make you do if you don't have guns?