[Finished] Project: Cobalt (Chromed Copper Piping, Laser Etching, Cable Sleeving and More)

JordanMac

Update 6

Time to change the fan in my Corsair tx750m with a noctua fan. Here are the pieces i have.

Fm3ABf8.jpg

PSU taken apart, wires cut.

ovA7UbH.jpg

wires of the PSU and noctua fan soldered together and heat shrunk.

tvW0Ff1.jpg

Noctua fan installed in the psu.

TKQRQ8H.jpg

sGzyHqJ.jpg

The copper pipes have been removed and are ready to be nickel plated, i shall be doing it tomorrow as i am off work.

PmVC7sh.jpg

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Wow I have only seen one other copper pipe build and am still amazed at how clean and beautiful it looks. Look forward to your next entry. We need more people to try metal piping water cooled builds. And I like you tutor leaving the door open by "accident"

Wow this build is amazing. Can't wait to see your next update. ^_^

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

This is just awesome. Can't wait!

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

This is so cool! Makes me want to try this myself! But one thing that's holding me back is that I've heard that people who use metal tubing can have some condensation problems. Is this a myth?

Amazing work I could do something like that.

P.S. The switch 810 was a good choice I love that case and have never had any problems with it.

Looking good man. Kind of strange that you changed the psu fan, but you've got an awesome build going here!

CPU: Intel core i5-3570k / Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPOWER / GPU: MSI GTX 660 Ti PE x2 in SLI / Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB / Power supply: Seasonic x750 with individually sleeved cables / Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker / Cooling: H100i / Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD and 1TB Western Digital HDD 

Changing the Noctua fan is absolutely genius. 

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

Looking good man. Kind of strange that you changed the psu fan, but you've got an awesome build going here!

He did it because the Noctua fan will run much more quietly, your PSU is produces some of the most noise next to your GPU. 

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

He did it because the Noctua fan will run much more quietly, your PSU is produces some of the most noise next to your GPU. 

Yeah, I understand why. It's just not something I see alot

CPU: Intel core i5-3570k / Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPOWER / GPU: MSI GTX 660 Ti PE x2 in SLI / Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB / Power supply: Seasonic x750 with individually sleeved cables / Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker / Cooling: H100i / Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD and 1TB Western Digital HDD 

looking great so far

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

This is so cool! Makes me want to try this myself! But one thing that's holding me back is that I've heard that people who use metal tubing can have some condensation problems. Is this a myth?

you wont have condensation problems unless you use a water chiller or something.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

yeah this is why i did it, the tx750m can be quiet loud at certain loads with ticking noises etc so im hoping that this will be a very silent build.

yeah this is why i did it, the tx750m can be quiet loud at certain loads with ticking noises etc so im hoping that this will be a very silent build.

about taking out a psu fan, is it hard or can any1 do it easily

about taking out a psu fan, is it hard or can any1 do it easily

its as easy and taking the fan out soldering the new one on. you have to know what each wire in a 3/4pin fan header does.

This has GOT to be build of the week. 

The Arctic Demon:  i7 4770k | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F12s | (2) Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 Crossfire | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Corsair AX 850 | Samsung 840 500 GB | Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White | NZXT Hue 

Peripherals: Logitech G600 gaming mouse | Cooler Master CM Storm Quickfire with Cherry MX Green Switches | QNIX QX2710 LED 2560x1440p PLS monitor | Logitech Rumblepad 2

I really need to stop visiting the Build Logs section because it just makes my rig look crappier every time :(

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Update 7

Designs for sleeving

sRMyR7c.png

Some nice packages arrived today, i got some tools, some sleeving from mdpc and some connectors.

aH1EasK.jpg

3fQrj39.jpg

2Y452Ke.jpg

Sleeving from MDPC, blue, grey and white plus some blue sata sleeving.

zJ6O9ij.jpg

i bought a couple of 24 pin extenders so that i wouldn't have to worry about crimping my own wires.

q4lUC9O.jpg

NjS1JTC.jpg

watching Lutro0 and he said be creful removing the pins you can cut yourself and i said "Naaah, no way, not a chance." withing 5 wires this happened.

tw0KhN0.jpg

the 6 pin vga cables

wM16nrS.jpg

8z5d4Xd.jpg

0cQIU7u.jpg

Now for the 24 pin

sB3uZeY.jpg

JHyaGZQ.jpg

All of the wires including the 24pin, six 6 pin, 8 pin and one of the sata cables

vNVZ9hp.jpg

24 pin pattern

lCLrahf.jpg

Sata cable...

9sl7wGd.jpg

Well that all of the wire sleeving, the next update will be in a few days as im having trouble getting the finish i want with the nickel plating.

Ah yes, some sleeving pr0n before going to bed, just what I needed. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

That sleeving is gorgeous!  :wub:

CPU: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr 3 @ 1150 MHz core/6300 MHz memory | Motherboard: Some crap OEM H67 mATX board | RAM: 16GB Patriot G2 Series Division 4 @ 1333 MHz | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i | Mouse: CM Storm Inferno | Keyboard: crap OEM keyboard (Soon to be replaced with a CM Storm Quickfire TK) | Headphones: Audiotechnica ATH-M50's | Speakers: Corsair SP2500's