[Finished] Project: Cobalt (Chromed Copper Piping, Laser Etching, Cable Sleeving and More)

JordanMac

O M G this is sooooooooo goooooooooodddddddd  ..... the midplate the lighting   :wub:  :wub:  :wub: ........ just perfect.

This is a very cool build but two things I would have changed are:

1. Get an HX PSU since it has blue on it, unless you could only get those extensions or custom sleeves for that PSU.

2. Get custom LED's and only put lights on the points, and one strip of LED's on the end so the lighting goes through it no problem.

Great build man.

You  don't see the psu at all so that is pointless and the blue from the bottom shows throughout the inside of the case.

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Would you guys be willing to pay £130 + shipping for one of these midplates with your custom design on it? perhaps £100 + shipping for a smaller size? or £60 + shipping for a less complicated design? really the larger and more complicated the design the more expensive it will be but just show me your interest and i may start producing them.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Not interested. I see to many things I don't like about it. My honest opinion this build still needs a lot of work.

Not interested. I see to many things I don't like about it. My honest opinion this build still needs a lot of work.

would you like to expand on the thing you don't like? at the moment your coment isn't constructive.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

would you like to expand on the thing you don't like? at the moment your coment isn't constructive.

I think he's trolling... or at least I hope he is, since I think this looks great! Keep up the great work!

Sorry it took so long to reply. I wasn't trolling. My statement about this rig needing more work was empty but that's because since you are the builder you need to come up with ideas on how this could improve. You did a rush job and some of the finer details show it. The work you did on the etched mid plate was awesome but the lighting is still not right. And the holes for the tubing to pass through the plate just don't seem to fit with the traces to me. The 90 degree fittings you selected look terrible. I think if you could have bent the tubing better you wouldn't even need 90 degree fittings. And what's with the open vented spaces in the front and back of the case, alot more things could have been done with that. Those vents just allow dirt and dust to enter the case. I'm sorry if you feel like I'm picking on your build. It is pretty good but in my opinion not awesome. It kind of baffles me how it was selected for the WAN show. Yea, I guess I'm jealous.

Sorry it took so long to reply. I wasn't trolling. My statement about this rig needing more work was empty but that's because since you are the builder you need to come up with ideas on how this could improve. You did a rush job and some of the finer details show it. The work you did on the etched mid plate was awesome but the lighting is still not right. And the holes for the tubing to pass through the plate just don't seem to fit with the traces to me. The 90 degree fittings you selected look terrible. I think if you could have bent the tubing better you wouldn't even need 90 degree fittings. And what's with the open vented spaces in the front and back of the case, alot more things could have been done with that. Those vents just allow dirt and dust to enter the case. I'm sorry if you feel like I'm picking on your build. It is pretty good but in my opinion not awesome. It kind of baffles me how it was selected for the WAN show. Yea, I guess I'm jealous.

I respect your opinion however i disagree with it. the lighting with the side panel on in my opinion is how i want it and how i imagined it when designing. the right angle fittings are hard to come buy i could have use some of the smaller straight fittings with a right angle fitting. in this build i have to use right angle fittings as the 10mm copper pipe wont bend at a tighter radius without crumpling. and about the front panel, the vents are for performance the rads need air and the front panel in my opinion wasn't open enough, and the fans are filtered so dust wont get into the case. thanks for you reply, im not looking to start an argument i just want to put my view out there.

Respect fully. Congrats on your hard work and making the build of the week. ;)

Epic!

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

It looks fantastic! Congrats for getting on build logs of the week! 

CPU: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr 3 @ 1150 MHz core/6300 MHz memory | Motherboard: Some crap OEM H67 mATX board | RAM: 16GB Patriot G2 Series Division 4 @ 1333 MHz | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i | Mouse: CM Storm Inferno | Keyboard: crap OEM keyboard (Soon to be replaced with a CM Storm Quickfire TK) | Headphones: Audiotechnica ATH-M50's | Speakers: Corsair SP2500's

Epic!

It looks fantastic! Congrats for getting on build logs of the week! 

Some great modding here

Looks Fantastic :)

Massive effort! One of kind build.... Credit to your self and the forum.

thanks you very much for your kind comments :D

Stunning unique ans spectacular aren't good enough to describe it.

Quick question? How did you "fix" the copper pipe to the fittings?

Push in?

Solder?

or thread?

Very curious,i always wondered about polished copper pipes and fittings.

Stunning unique ans spectacular aren't good enough to describe it.

Quick question? How did you "fix" the copper pipe to the fittings?

Push in?

Solder?

or thread?

Very curious,i always wondered about polished copper pipes and fittings.

they're push in fittings, you can't pull the pipe out without a little tool.

they're push in fittings, you can't pull the pipe out without a little tool.

Awesome thanks for the info.

Again love the build just wow.

Awesome job, indeed.

Congrats on BOTW

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

• 2 weeks later...

@JordanMac

Is it okay if I use this computer as an extreme example in my A2 Computing coursework?

Cheers,

Chris

Awesome! yeah go for it :D