Battlefield 4 minimum specs leaked

IamNewie

MINIMUM

Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz)
Memory: 2 GB System RAM
Hard Drive: 20 GB
Video Card:DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
RECOMMENDED

Processor: Quad-core CPU
Memory: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 20 GB
Video Card: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950)
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible

It is also told that battlefield 4 would also be available in Uplay and Origin. No news about steam 

Battlefield-4-Ubisoft-Online-Store.jpg?w

My life is complete!

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Gee, I can barely play it

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

the reccommended is the same as bf3 :D

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Those specs are identical to BF3 which doesn't surprise me at all. It is disappointing though. I was hoping they would up it because then we could really expect something new and different.

Most of the time the recommended specs are wildly under what you really need to play the game. I wish game developers would put more realistic specs on the documentation, these are the same specs as Crysis 3 has!

Well it is only July.... Beta hasn't even come out yet.

Most of the time the recommended specs are wildly under what you really need to play the game. I wish game developers would put more realistic specs on the documentation, these are the same specs as Crysis 3 has!

Or they should rename "Recommended" as "Minimum Recommended"

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

i have

8GB of ram

and a 570GTX

i guess ill have to upgrade to AMD 89xx  when this comes out

now way i can play bf4 at 1600p using a 570 :P

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

That boat has sailed.

I really hope it'll came out on steam , just like bad company 

yeah and just like BF3 ..........

battlefield is the only reason people use Orgin

its like taking away mario from nintendo

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

WHAT THE... UPLAY?????????????? EA is crazy lol! I understood Origin only, since it is their service, it makes sense. Now, making it available on Uplay and Origin and leaving Steam out? LOOOL You can only say:

linus-meme-6.jpg

Since Origin, EA has stopped releasing the games they publish/develop on Steam. EA simply wants nothing to do with Valve.

WHAT THE... UPLAY?????????????? EA is crazy lol! I understood Origin only, since it is their service, it makes sense. Now, making it available on Uplay and Origin and leaving Steam out? LOOOL You can only say:

EA made a deal with Ubisoft a while back to serve eachother's content on both platforms.

Edit: Btw, I'm betting that even if you buy BF4 from Uplay, it would still likely require Origin. :/

Is it going to be using 4 cores or is that just mumbo jumbo.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I probably won't get it simply because Origin. I already have Crysis 3 on Origin and I have had too many problems with it so I just quit. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Is it going to be using 4 cores or is that just mumbo jumbo.

The engine is designed to take advantage of 8 or more threads as well. So it'll use 4 cores.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Thats nice to know, after having a quad core for a while and it not being used by most games is frustrating. There are still games today which only use a single core or two cores and not enough that can use 4-8 cores.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Hope that I can run it when it comes out since the specs are the same as BF3. Rather have it on Origin rather than Uplay if they don't have it on Steam.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Those specs are identical to BF3 which doesn't surprise me at all. It is disappointing though. I was hoping they would up it because then we could really expect something new and different.

Who cares that gameplay video they released looked technically better than anything in BF3.

Why not friggin Steam?

Because EA and Valve are on bad terms. It started way back when EA wanted to buy Valve and Gabe refused. Then later there was a major disagreement over the Steam TOS. EA wanted the ability to sell a game on Steam and then later sell the DLC for that game in a manner which bypasses Steam altogether. This was against Steam TOS because it would allow developers to sell games very cheaply or for free on steam just to take advantage of their server infrastructure and wide reach; and then compensate by charging everything from the client directly for DLC which means Steam gets nothing. But from EAs point of view they have no reason to want to profit-share with Valve....