Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, oNteaLog said:

Hello everybody.

Welocme!

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Been watching the videos for years, just joining up as I'm considering finally getting a new machine this year... I don't know what else to say or do.

Hi I'm new here.

Actually have been watching LTT since late 2016 but as I recently got a decent machine, decided to open an account on my favourite Tech YouTuber.

It's amazing to see a community so dearly to help, really really glad about it. :)

Hello, decided to join just too suggest in the video thread a bit after seeing a bit in the latest video mentioning a dos pc build for a possible upcoming video along with emulating that.
Been building, repairing,cleaning pc's since 2006 privately here & usually love messing about with hardware i come across, be it old, like my windows 98 pc, straight out of 1997 with 32 mb ram a voodoo 1 4 mb & matrox mystique 4 mb as 2d gpu on a 4 gb harddrive, soundblaster awe 32 pnp & a pentium mmx 166 mhz overclocked too 200 mhz, though i swapped the cpu out too a amd k6-2+ 550 mhz that runs at 400 mhz atm at a lower voltage.
Though I've lost patience with that one a bit due too the matrox mystique 4 mb card working 2d is locking up the pc randomly atm, no idea why it started doing that suddenly (windows 98 in a nutshell i guess.)
3d card is a diamond monster 3d voodoo 1 4 mb.

Current testrig is a asus p5q premium motherboard with a core 2 duo e8400 running at 4 ghz with a pair of ocz reaper 1066 mhz ram sticks, quite fun processor too overclock & get stable at that frequency it was super easy compared too the core 2 quad q6600 that was fighting me constantly unless i stopped using dual channel memory past 3.3 ghz.

Missing a case for that one as that went too a cousin with well my previous & better testrig i got for free.
A I7 930 on a gigabyte x58 ud7 motherboard with some ram.
I believe i kept a 4 gb stick and a pair of 2 gb ones & bitfenix cheapest case missing a sidepanel.

Bit of a ghetto rig but good enough for a gtx 1050 ti he got 2 years ago & the powersupply i borrowed from my dads desktop pc which now has gone back too his apartment along with the HD 6870 i had as a spare gpu with a xigmatek battleaxe gpu cooler on it.

Current main rig is a I5 2500 non k on a Asus Z77-V LX motherboard 16 gb ddr3 1600 mhz via 4 sticks & a gtx 1660 super which i wasn't planning on buying but my r9 280 died in the middle of August so i saved up for a bit over a month too that card after being stuck with my 10 year old hd 5770 along with using a bit of the budget i had set aside for some fresh clothes for the upcoming seasons.

Hello. I am new to this forum and am excited to learn new things about tech.

Come say hi is the meeting room (and designated shit posting thread)

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Hi, I am new to this forum and Linus tech tips website. i have been watching LTT since late 2016/early 2017. I decided to join since this seemed like a good forum group to ask questions and since I liked Linus's videos I thought I would join.

here's meme with linus

SzbF7HN-u0T0F56IdieDX1rRcfobq0BELQ5W85UppdQPrxdrwzfOvXQoXPkf3CwyhfF2DYF0n08L7JfnWZOzNC4tKFi6O5Jl4YnQ3lC-tEmblS8o6QP4uhbBaUq1nthp0olYFfmY

Edited by Dab_Hasnel

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Have been watching LTT for a while now, dropped in here to ask around on what to do with an old (ancient) gaming system and general curiousity.

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. I've been watching LTT for a few months now, and this seems like the best place to interact with the tech community :)

Hi Everyone,

Hope i'm not late to the party.  Always loved tech but just started to really get into it.  Love Linus Tech Tips videos and the community of tech influencers that you all associates with, Gamers Nexus, JayzTwoCents, etc.  You all are great and real and really do a lot to help everyone navigate tech and life.  I'm older and a vision disability has retired my gaming sticks but I love to listen and learn and grow and am happy to gain that from this great community.  Keep it real LTT

Hey everyone, watched LTT videos years ago, stopped for whatever reason and it's now a few weeks that I can't have enough LMG content. 😂

I love the spirit and the genuine excitement they convey, and that was enough to get me back into the "tech" community. The last PC I built had a 970, just to put things into a bit more context, and that shiz was pretty freakin' dope at the time. 

Oh, and also GODDAMN YOU LINUS. I truly wasn't planning on spending >2k on a brand new build before getting sucked back into this world. 🤣💖

it almost feels unreal to be writing a forum post something like 10 years after the last one I did, but yeah, this place feels a little bit like home already. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say Hi,  I'm new here, and I enjoy watching Linus Tech Tips. Its really helped me a lot on my computer builds as far as what to get and tips on how to put my computer together.   I've grown from simply throwing everything in the case with wires all over the place to a nice, clean, beautiful looking, relatively affordable build. (lets be serious here, a good gaming desktop isn't likely to cost less than $800).   And really, its thanks to the information on the videos.   Keep them coming!!      125276412_4147670458583303_2911188698571856552_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=e3f864&_nc_ohc=swJAhpB2LR4AX_WCduf&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=04d5c3f91ee4e1ba50348ec2d9db5aa2&oe=5FD59034

Hi all.    Long time veiwer here.    I love watching your videos guys thank you for being a part of my daily routine.

You guys inspired me to take the plunge and build a computer for my little one for her "school" work.    Shes the only 3rd grader with a gaming pc i can guarantee that.    

I belong to a gaming community that is called psxplace.   I am a moderator there and have been for many years now.     If you are into homebrew for sonys flagships you should check it out sometime.   

I look forward to being a contributing part of this community.    Thank you

Hi people I'm new here. Not new to computers as I'm 33 years old and got my first pc when I was 10 years old. It was an amd K5 pr133, 8mb of ram etc.

Main computer Core i9 10900X, Asus Prime X299 Edition 30, Gskill 32gb 4x8 3600mhz, Asus Rog Strix RTX 2080 super, Samsung 970 pro 1tb, Corsair H115i pro, Cooler master Mastercase H500M, Dell Ultrasharp UP3017

hi everyone! been watching ltt videos for years and now finally signed up .  happy to be here 😎