Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

Hi everyone, new to the forum here. Started watching LMG because i wanted to get a gaming computer. There too many options and sales out here that its hard to make a decision. I joined the forum to get some help. Thinking about building or maybe buy a prebuilt system. 

Hello everyone!  Brand new member here, and also pretty new to the "professional" tech life.  For context, I've loved tinkering with PC's since I was in junior high, but only recently acquired a DoD Client Service Technician job on a local base.  It's essentially tech support for the Air Force, which is pretty cool.  

Because I have very little academic/professional background in such things, I would love to get to know knowledgeable folks willing to share their insights!  And if anyone has any resources/tips/words of encouragement regarding CompTIA Sec+ certification - PLEASE HELP!  :D

- Anthony

On 1/2/2013 at 9:03 PM, LinusTech said:

Thanks so much for joining. My vision is a community based on positive member interaction and helping each other. I believe that if we all work together toward this goal, we will have success in the long run.

We don't have official forum rules or anything like that yet, but as long as everyone is respectful of each other, and patient with the growing pains that we are going to experience (vBulletin 5 is VERY beta right now) we can make this into an AWESOME community forum.

Linus

I’m new, I was introduced to the YouTube channel by my boyfriend. I got really into the videos and tech. I recently got an RGB keyboard and a older Mac with a lot of ports and have been learning and looking at specs. So excited to be a part of this forum, but I have absolutely no idea how to navigate this forum. 

Well, I'm Kylan, I'm 16, I just got into building PCs last year, before that I was almost exclusively a Mac user. I still like Macs, but building has become a hobby. I love LTT, HardwareCanucks, Bitwit, and others. Can't wait to build my next system :)

Hi there, I'm JC from Canada, I like puppies and kittens, as well as long walks on the beach in the sun. I'd love to meet a....um wait, wrong forum. ?

Joking aside, I've been a long time follower of Linus and his hijinks on Youtube, and finally decided to bite the bullet and check out the forum. I really enjoyed how the LTT channels carry a sense of humour, try not to be too serious but still (most of the time) remain respectful and relative. I'm really looking forward to finding a similar atmosphere here.

My background is mostly in front line support, mostly in the Windows environment, and doing training for the general public. Therefore, my approach tend to be more explanative and user-experience focused when it comes to looking at things. I've always been excited by tech, though experience have now taught me to control myself and don't be an early adopter...unless there's a great refund policy. In any case, hopefully I'll be able gain some insight on here and contribute some of my experieces. Be seeing y'all.

Cheerios.

CPU: Vulnerable to Meltdown | Motherboard: Has LEDs that I can't see | RAM: Bought too much | GPU: Mostly satisfactory so far in our relationship | Case: Shiny, black, very heavy and tall, with a Firefox sticker | Storage: Has too many old HDDs | PSU: Hasn't blown up yet like it's predecessor | Displays: Mismatched from Craigslist | Cooling: As many Noctuas as there are fan headers | Keyboard: Keys are fading |  Mouse: Needs cleaning |

Only if someone would donate me $100 (equal to whooping Rs.7000+ mine own 2 years savings: Rs.20000), my birthday gift would start to assemble ;)

Afternoon all.

citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Hello everyone. Greetings from Indonesia?

Newbie here. Please accept me guys. Thanks!

we except your tribute. @Kranti4

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

Hello everyone! Greetings from Vancouver Island 

Finally decided I should "totally join" the forums.

See ya round! ?

Heya all.
I have been watching Linus' videos for awhile now and they are helping me understand some of the newer tech better. I decided to check this place out and I think it'll be both fun and educational. lol

On 7/30/2019 at 4:35 PM, displayname23 said:

Hello every one!

ps if you watched the 1500 dollar pc series you will get that one

Linus’s videos have single handedly made me want to build a pc, straying from the world of apple if been in my whole life! Putting together the parts list as we speak!

Hi everyone, 

New here - Living in Vancouver now looking to get into some more North american based forum, used to frequent the OCAU anyone familiar?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone! Found the forum after watching an interview that Linus did with GamersNexus and thought I'd join as I I'm lacking an internet home for tech stuff and discussion. I built my first PC in 2014 and was kinda sharp on the basics then but have now aged decades tech knowledge-wise after having just finished college and intend to catch up on the last five year's worth of developments and learn all the stuff I should've learnt earlier. Greetings from India and from a an AMD FX user! 

CPU: AMD Athlon 200GE

Mobo: Gigabyte B450MDS3H

RAM: Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 3000Mhz

GPU: Asus ROG Strix RX570 4GB

1TB HDD, Windows 10 64-bit

On 9/20/2019 at 2:02 AM, Luxzio22 said:

Hello everyone! Found the forum after watching an interview that Linus did with GamersNexus and thought I'd join as I I'm lacking an internet home for tech stuff and discussion. I built my first PC in 2014 and was kinda sharp on the basics then but have now aged decades tech knowledge-wise after having just finished college and intend to catch up on the last five year's worth of developments and learn all the stuff I should've learnt earlier. Greetings from India and from a an AMD FX user! 

Welcome!

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

Hey everyone.

I haven't joined a computer/tech forum since buildyourown.org.uk forums disappeared.

Anyway, I always enjoy LMG's videos so thought I'd join here too.

Hi

i guess some introductions are in order

i'm just your average 22 year old tech enthusiast student aspiring to be a mechanical engineer someday.

Currently working on mastering solidworks and it being one of the main reasons i decided to join these formus, as well as i heared that this is one of the best community for techy people.

I hope to have a great time and its a pleasure to meet you all.