LinusTech

Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

<html>
  <body>

<b><blink>HI </blink><br> I like this site!</b>
  </body>    
</html>

Where am i?

Made my account today for the LG projector giveaway... This is an awesome site for tech knowledge, i can't believe i've been missing on this site for so long!

Heya! I'm new here. I've been following LTT on Youtube for like the longest time now, but I've never been much of a forums guy. So I thought to myself; well let's just do it shall we? And here I am. Going to try my best to be an active part of this community!

Greetings from Finland! //Zacke

New member here, but I've been a subscriber on your youtube channel for like 2 years now and I've learned a lot! 

Here to say "Hi", so here we go! 

I've been a lurker mostly for the past 2 years, recently switched to Vessel for the video's and finally put myself up to joining the forums and creating an account.

I use a 13 inch MacBook Pro Retina as a daily driver and have a HTPC style 'gaming' PC that has been doing it's job nicely for about 3 years now. It's in dire need of some upgrades but hey, it does what it needs to do.

Who knows if I can be of some kind of assistance here in my free time. LTT, keep up the great content.

Greetings from the Netherlands!

Folding@Home ~75k points per day | My Simple Air-cooled Machine Maintenance Guide | Dutch Talk | Building a Wooden Popsicle Stick House

Main rig: i7-3770 stock - ASUS P8Z77-M - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz - 2x Radeon HD6970 2GB - SilverStone GD05-B - Corsair RM650x

Hello, my name is Tom Hanks.

I have always had a keen eye on technology and computers, they fascinate me so much, what amazing things humans can create.

I am a pretty famous person, been in 1 or 2 movies, traveled most of the world, so here i am setting up an account on LinusTechTips which i found from YouTube.

E7-8890 V3 x2 , 12TB DDR4 @ 1866, Quadro K6000's + 2x GTX 1080's.

On 1/2/2013 at 10:03 PM, LinusTech said:

Thanks so much for joining. My vision is a community based on positive member interaction and helping each other. I believe that if we all work together toward this goal, we will have success in the long run.

We don't have official forum rules or anything like that yet, but as long as everyone is respectful of each other, and patient with the growing pains that we are going to experience (vBulletin 5 is VERY beta right now) we can make this into an AWESOME community forum.

Linus

Hi linus! I know im a bit late to the party, but i really like the forums so far! keep up the great work on the videos! i really like channel super fun! it was also funny (though it must have sucked) when dennis's foot fell through the roof

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: XFX R7 370 4GB with an Arctic Twin Turbo II Storage: WD Blue 1tb and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and Dell P2210 Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S (MX Browns) with Varmillo black and grey PBT dye-sub caps Mousepad: Steelseries QcK Headset:  Sennheiser HD 4.40

I like Team Fortress 2 and Minecraft. Volvo makes the best cars.

hello. its me. i was wondering if after all these days you'd like to meet me. who wouldnt?

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: XFX R7 370 4GB with an Arctic Twin Turbo II Storage: WD Blue 1tb and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and Dell P2210 Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S (MX Browns) with Varmillo black and grey PBT dye-sub caps Mousepad: Steelseries QcK Headset:  Sennheiser HD 4.40

Just now, wuliwawa said:

Greetings!

This is my first post in here. I hope I could meet a lots of friends with LTT fans. Have a great day!:x

Hello! Im pretty new around here too

SPECS:

Is it sad that I joined only when I saw the giveaway for the AMD GPUs? I know i'm not the only one but its such a shame. Anyway, I will try my best to fit in now that I have joined up. So I guess this means 'Hello'

Got hooked on the videos from Techquickie about a month or so ago! Now I've binge watched a bunch of videos from there as well as LTT. Really informative, and quite entertaining!

Greetings from the Philippines!

Hi folks! Been watching Linus's stuff on YouTube for about a month now. Both entertaining and informative-- it's like TechTV for the modern age.

I'll be frank, I joined mostly for the Feenix giveaway, but I might pop in every now and then just for the heck of it too. ^__^

Hey everyone! Looking forward to be a part of this forum! 

I have been into computers since 2005 when I accidentally changed the color settings on a monitor to 16 colors. In 2007, I got my first decent PC with and AMD Athlon 64 CPU. That PC lasted me (with RAM and GPU upgrades along the way) until 2015. I am now typing on an Asus laptop which is pretty decent. I am soon going to build a PC for the first time and I can't wait to share my experiences with you guys.

Once again, I am hyped to join the community.

I'm a bit late getting around to posting on these forums but better late than never lol. I've watched the Youtube channels for quite a while because Linus and company are just more normal people on a tech channel than most I've looked at. I didn't start watching it to learn things since there wouldn't be much for me to learn but more so just because most things computers is something I've been into for a long time but most tech related channels I've looked at over the years are too full of hype videos, fancy bs, promoting this or that piece of hardware like it's the end all and must have.

I buy and sell computers, computer parts, and a variety of other things locally and online so I like messing with that sort of stuff and like talking about it, watching videos in my free time sometimes. I figured I'd start getting on these forums since there should be more like minded people on here.

Hey everyone!

So I'm a guy from Finland who loves cars and tinkering with computers.

I have been watching LinusTechTips for half a year now, so I decided to join this forum.  I also have a YouTube channel which's name is Gameguy 2 like my profile's name.

Hey there. I'm relatively new to the world of LTT (I've only really started watching his videos within the last ten or so months), and I figured I might as well make an account here while I'm waiting on my laundry.

There's not much to me. I've been interested in computers since 2000, when my cousin showed me the basics of HTML. Web design has been my forte since, but I've branched out since then. My interest in actual hardware came in 2004, when I first added additional RAM to my crappy pre-built HP desktop, bringing it from a paltry 256MB to 768MB. I also painted the case, which can be considered my first foray into case modding.

Nowadays, I'm interested in budget builds and DIY, somewhat eclectic modding. For the last four or so years, my current build and tower have been my Frankenstein. I had an NZXT Source 210, but it was laid to rest after I discovered that a few rounds of 5.56x42 weren't the best modding tools. Now I'm using a HAF 920, and I've made sure not to shoot it.

... Yet.

But yeah, that's me. I hope I'll be able to stick around. Peace and love.