Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

6 minutes ago, EnragedKnight117 said:

Oh I just realized you said another forum, wow ?

Yea, I've had to quit many forums because the posting rules on them are ridiculous.

On OCN I got a warning for calling Linus sexy 'because it's unprofessional', and also banned from their million post thread for posting about police brutality in the US, with several US monkeys getting offended and claiming that 'police brutality is a lie / not any worse than other countries / doesn't target black people'.

So much for a 'post whatever you want' thread.

Linus is my fetish.

Just now, Bhav said:

Yea, I've had to quit many forums because the posting rules on them are ridiculous.

On OCN I got a warning for calling Linus sexy 'because it's unprofessional', and also banned from their million post thread for posting about police brutality in the US, with several US monkeys getting offended and claiming that 'police brutality is a lie / not any worse than other countries / doesn't target black people'.

So much for a 'post whatever you want' thread.

lol yeah some people are really buthurt these days (butthurt reports attached)

Butthurt report.docx

Hi!

I'm new here, but definitely not new to forums. I actually co-own a Dutch one with a very nice community. I live in Rotterdam which I can only describe as the Dutchies version of NYC. (It's still tiny in comparison haha). I study User Interface Design but next to software I am also interested in hardware. That's where Linus comes in! 

My system is nothing special but it does it's job pretty well for a designers' annex smalltime gamer machine:

- Asus P8H77 motherboard

- i7 930 cpu

- 32 GB DDR3

- Asus GTX 560 Ti

- Sandisk 240 SSD for boot

- WD 1 tb HDD for storage

all stuffed inside a Coolermaster Elite 37.

In the future i would like to build a decent network and server for me and my housemates. So that's going to be a interesting project. I'm looking forward to discussing with you guys! 

hello I just recent join this forum nice to meet you all

Hey there, about time I registered on the forum, been following LTT for a while.

New forum is quite the thing, love how it functions!

I am a moderator on a game's chat and forum, so don't expect much dumb things from this goof!

Hey Everyone!

Obviously new here. Been watching Linus on & off for the past few weeks as I gear up to do my first PC build for Video Editing. I find he/they seem to do a great job of cutting through the crap and getting right to the point. I'm hoping that I'll be able to find some guidance/advice while I go through this first time building my PC here. Furthermore I hope that as I gain experience I'll be able to contribute to helping others as well given the project of building a desktop certainly can be overwhelming to start. Its been a real long time since I was heavily involved in a forum community but I certainly miss it. So perhaps this can be my new home, we'll see!

Hi everyone. I am a freshly cooked member of the forum :D. Been watching Linus vids non stop for the  past month or so decided to join the forums for some love :D

Got an account months old and never bothered to say hi, so hi!

I have been following your YouTube channel since long, joined the forum a few weeks back! Wonder what took me so long? Awesome community and great platform!

Hi everyone! I discovered Linus when he was making videos for NCIX and didn't think about joining the community until today. Even though I created my account back in July of last year, I thought I might become more active from today on wards. 

Thanks everyone!

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Code XI | Graphics Card: RTX 3090 FE | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 MHz | 

Storage: LOADS of drives: SSD + HDD | PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850 W | 

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout (window) | Cooling: CRYORIG H5 Universal 

PCPartPicker List

Hi I'm new and what is this

I've been watching Linus for a few years now, and he's partially responsible for my interest in PC and GPU tech specifically, so thank you Linus.

Ayy how's it hanging? I've been tuning in to Linus and gang's videos for years now, but never really thought about interacting in the forums until just recently :V

Your Youtube series brought me here, keep it up and I look forward to the new stuff.

hello everyone i am new here :) glad to be apart of another community filled with like mind people :D i have watched linus for awhile now, but never found a reason to join the forums until the latest  video about Steam VR

Hi. I just joined because I like the videos of the channel and like tech in general.

Hey guys ;)

Since I really like your Videos, I finally managed to join your community. Although I am German, your Videos often helped me and sweeten my free time.

Hi everyone.

It's great to finally be a member of the LTT community.  With my new job I thought the LTT forum would be a great source of knowledge to help me out, also a great place to make some new friends.

A little bit about me. 

I've been around PC's my whole life.  My father had a TRS-80 when he got into it as a hobby and after a few years of mucking around on that and a tandy color computer he eventually bought me my own XT.  I've been responsible for my own PC's ever since.

I spent most of the last 10 years in various LVL 1 and 2 support positions.  That work finally paid off and I recently moved up to take a job as IT manager at a local secondary school.  It's been a pretty full on move and I look forward to sharing some of these experiences over time.

For now just HI and glad to be on-board finally!

*also thanks so much to Colton and the forum team for helping me out with getting registered and stuff.

Hello!

I'm new to the forum, i've started whatching LTT videos more than 2 years ago. I'm studying informatics in my local University (Verona).

Greetings from Italy!

Hello!

I'm new here and from the Netherlands. I have great intrest in Computers. For work i'm on the road, but when i'm at home i spend the most time behind my computer

Just joined on the tech tips site forums. Great to be here, been watching these more then the "entertaining" videos on youtube. Sent a message to a buddy of mine querying him as to why we haven't been doing exactly what you guys do, I think you got the jump on things for sure, love watching the videos so far. Watch for me in the future! 

Hello everyone :)
Found about LTT long time ago and I'm almost an up to the date viewer. I haven't activated too much on the forum but I think I will start doing it.

Hey I'm new I hope get a lot of Questions answered 

I'm new to the LTT channel - I only found it yesterday, but ended up binging a few too many videos since then. Whoops.

I'm hoping to start a build soon to start gaming again, and to start video production. These forums seem like a great place for both. :D

Hey everyone

I'm a greenlandic in student based in Denmark.

I've been mostly a console gamer all my life. I play games that my laptop can pull but recently I found out that it is possible to install an external GPU. So I started buying parts. I got it up and running... ish. It is working but not as stable as I want it to be.

But now I got a monitor, a psu and a gpu, so why not buy the rest, so I can build a gamer pc. I watched a lot of the LTT videos on YouTube and now I'm here.

If anyone in here have any experience with eGPU or anyone have any questions about it, the please look me up.

:-)