Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

Hello everybody!

I'm a Spanish guy finishing my PhD in Ireland. I've been a gamer for more than 20 years and I build my first computer to get a better rig to play, so many years ago as well...

I'll probably move once I finish here so for the moment I'm stuck with a laptop to play (Asus n82jv) which is not good for new games, yet I still can play fine with some from a few years ago. I like building things and computers so it was only a matter of time that I find Linus' videos on youtube.

I look forward to meet and help this community!

Welcome to the one best massive .... ORGY on the internet.

I demand that all newcomers must be naked whilst posting. Because some initiation rites and stuff like that.

Linus is my fetish.

Where is this? Is this some kind of magic place? Better to start wandering around...

Hi there local people!

One day, I will find myself! MY TRUE SELF!!!

they say i can say hi here so i am saying hi here.

hi!

Also I am from SEA (Malaysia to be specific) and I like tech stuff (which should be a given) and drawing stuff. よろしく。

Love the new forum

Beauty Edit

BEFORE

4c1fd2f5a38b4a4fa3982add69e74293-97728ee

AFTER20160115-1907439038.thumb.jpg.0036006169

Been watching LTT for a while now and building a PC for the first time so thought this would be the best place for question to be answered and probly get a few turnips. 23 from California USA. 

On 1/4/2016 at 10:11 AM, lorenzo42001 said:

Hello. I was wondering what exactly is Linus's Multibit screwdriver

Its a snap-on Screwdriver, Ratcheting Magnetic, Standard, Red, 8 3/4"

You can find it here on Snap-on's website Here

||AMD FX-8150 ||asrock 990fx extreme||16GB DDR3|| AMD Radeon R8 M350DX||Dell S2409W 24"||LG 23"D2342P||

This is exactly the way to make a forum. Thanks Linus!

Howdy all, Kenji here. I'm a college student currently studying Comp.Sci, hoping to get my undergraduate in physics within the next few years, and I've always had a deep-rooted interest in computers ever since I got my first desktop, a Dell X210, with 2GBs of RAM, an integrated graphics card, running Windows XP back in 2005. When I started building my new rig, I stumbled across NCIX Tech Tips and Techquickie on Youtube to help learn a few things as I picked parts, like the difference between DDR3 and DDR4 RAM, Hypertheaded CPUs and what the GPU Wars was all about; eventually I found the Linus Tech Tips YT channel for axiomatic reasons, and the rest is history.

Hope to have a great time with this cool community!

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to joining the community! Haven't posted on one since my old days on theforce.net forum hahaha! Glad to be here!

Finally signed up too! Anything essential I need to keep in mind when browsing the forum?

- Greetz! -

Don't be irritated by the grumpy look

Some of my gear: HP ProBook laptop, Logitech G710+ keyboard, Logitech G700s mouse, Sony Xperia Z3 compact phone, Sennheiser HD558 headphones, Sony Alpha 58 DSLR

Areas of expertise: Consumer-grade and business PCs and laptops // headphones and audio gear in general // computer peripherals // troubleshooting hardware and software // making, woodworking, soldering, etc. // electrical engineering and physics // music and drumming

Just signed up too.  I've become addicted to the video's. LTT is the first place I go when I open YouTube, Good Stuff! Technical yet funny too.

Signed up cuz I need somewhere to go after I finish Linus' vids :)

I am a new member here I am just starting to get into overclocking, been using the guides on here so naturally the best place to come for help :)

Greetings and salutations everyone, I'm just your average weirdo with a passion for old, outdated technology and anime. I still use floppy drives and laserdiscs on a regular basis and I hope that I can learn about some new stuff as well. 

12 hours ago, EnragedKnight117 said:

Welcome homies

Your avatar just reminded me of a temp ban I got on another forum. Someone had made a thread about his proneness to seizures so I linked a rainbow light flashy seizure inducing website!

Linus is my fetish.

2 hours ago, Bhav said:

Your avatar just reminded me of a temp ban I got on another forum. Someone had made a thread about his proneness to seizures so I linked a rainbow light flashy seizure inducing website!

Oh snap hopefully nothing like that will happen. I've been on the forum for a good bit of time and made a couple posts, plus it took me a while to make that gif so yeah,

Hello everybody,

As you may gather from my name, I am a sonic fan and the origins of my internet name that I use just about every forum I join. Anyways, I'm a hobiest scripter with profiecy in only one language that has so far made no real use to me outside of Second Life. LSL is supposedly base C. Prior to that I used to use Click Team software like Multimedia Fusion 2.5 to make everything from small game mechanics tutorials to screensavers, applications and, interfaces. I like to tinker and I have an affinity customizing my tech. This brings me to today. I've been playing with WatchMaker in my spare time. I'm currently trying to learn Lua as it's WatchMakers more powerful asset. BTW, I made a LTT themed watchface.

Again, hi everyone. I hope that I can contribute somthing worthwhile. ^.^

4 hours ago, EnragedKnight117 said:

Oh snap hopefully nothing like that will happen. I've been on the forum for a good bit of time and made a couple posts, plus it took me a while to make that gif so yeah,

Won't happen here I'm sure. This forum is great fun.

Linus is my fetish.

14 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Won't happen here I'm sure. This forum is great fun.

Oh I just realized you said another forum, wow ?