Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

On 5/14/2019 at 5:59 AM, tiggerlator said:

Been into PC's since 486 days

Was it an AMD or Intel 486, though?

Welcome!

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

31 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Was it an AMD or Intel 486, though?

Welcome!

Probably tried both tbh, and some crappy cyrix things too iirc. it was a looong time ago now lol. 

I never posted here so hi.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

Hello, I am new, joined May 30 :)

PC #1 : Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI | i7-7700 | Cryorig C7 Cu | 32GB DDR4-2400 | LSI SAS 9211-8i | 240GB NVMe M.2 PCIe PNY CS2030 | SSD&HDDs 59.5TB total | Quantum LTO5 HH SAS drive | GC-Alpine Ridge | Corsair HX750i | Cooler Master Stacker STC-T01 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 2560x1440 @ 60 Hz (plugged HDMI port, shared with PC #2) | Win10
PC #2 : Gigabyte MW70-3S0 | 2x E5-2689 v4 | 2x Intel BXSTS200C | 32GB DDR4-2400 ECC Reg | MSI RTX 3080 Ti Suprim X | 2x 1TB SSD SATA Samsung 870 EVO | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li PC-A77 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 2560x1440 @ 144 Hz (plugged DP port, shared with PC #1) | Win10
PC #3 : Mini PC Zotac 4K | Celeron N3150 | 8GB DDR3L 1600 | 250GB M.2 SATA WD Blue | Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB | Samsung Blu-ray writer USB | Genius SP-HF1800A | TV Panasonic TX-40DX600E UltraHD | Win10
PC #4 : ASUS P2B-F | PIII 500MHz | 512MB SDR 100 | Leadtek WinFast GeForce 256 SDR 32MB | 2x Guillemot Maxi Gamer 3D² 8MB in SLI | Creative Sound Blaster AWE64 ISA | 80GB HDD UATA | Fortron/Source FSP235-60GI | Zalman R1 | DELL E151FP 15" TFT 1024x768 | Win98SE

Laptop : Lenovo ThinkPad T460p | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 2133 | GeForce 940MX | 240GB SSD PNY CS900 | 14" IPS 1920x1080 | Win11

PC tablet : Fujitsu Point 1600 | PMMX 166MHz | 160MB EDO | 20GB HDD UATA | external floppy drive | 10.4" DSTN 800x600 touchscreen | AGFA SnapScan 1212u blue | Win98SE

Laptop collection #1 : IBM ThinkPad 340CSE | 486SLC2 66MHz | 12MB RAM | 360MB IDE | internal floppy drive | 10.4" DSTN 640x480 256 color | Win3.1 with MS-DOS 6.22

Laptop collection #2 : IBM ThinkPad 380E | PMMX 150MHz | 80MB EDO | NeoMagic MagicGraph128XD | 2.1GB IDE | internal floppy drive | internal CD-ROM drive | Intel PRO/100 Mobile PCMCIA | 12.1" FRSTN 800x600 16-bit color | Win98

Laptop collection #3 : Toshiba T2130CS | 486DX4 75MHz | 32MB EDO | 520MB IDE | internal floppy drive | 10.4" STN 640x480 256 color | Win3.1 with MS-DOS 6.22

And 6 others computers (Intel Compute Stick x5-Z8330, Giada Slim N10 WinXP, 2 Apple classic and 2 PC pocket WinCE)

Hey all! My friend recently turned me onto the channel and I've been binging them since! Really enjoy the content and thought it'd be nice to join the community! 

__..--''``---....___   _..._    __
 /// //_.-'    .-/";  `        ``<._  ``.''_ `. / // /
///_.-' _..--.'_    \                    `( ) ) // //
/ (_..-' // (< _     ;_..__               ; `' / ///
 / // // //  `-._,_)' // / ``--...____..-' /// / //

Hi! Built my own PC a few years back (one motherboard and CPU upgrade to Intel i5 since) and have been binge-watching LTT"s YouTube channel in preparation for doing more upgrades (upgrade to 32GB memory for short term, then motherboard and CPU upgrades and 64GB total memory a few months from now). Would love to find more specific advice on recommended builds for video editing PCs as opposed to gaming, although I've been configuring on PCPartPicker a lot, too. Thanks for this forum!

On 1/3/2013 at 4:03 AM, LinusTech said:

Thanks so much for joining. My vision is a community based on positive member interaction and helping each other. I believe that if we all work together toward this goal, we will have success in the long run.

We don't have official forum rules or anything like that yet, but as long as everyone is respectful of each other, and patient with the growing pains that we are going to experience (vBulletin 5 is VERY beta right now) we can make this into an AWESOME community forum.

Linus

Where are the other employees of LMG?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi it nice to be part of the gang. Hope to learn a lot about the computer world here. Thanks..

Hi, all just joined the community, though I'm following the YouTube videos from a while.

Loves the content and humour,  and hoping to learn more and more about tech.

Hey there !

So long time lurker of the LTT youtube chan', and I had to make a comment on that 240hz + Slomo guys shooting experiment. And as I'm not going to register anything on Youtube (yeah privacy/not trusting google/blah, we can debate somewhere), I thought it would be the good location to do my comments. Heading to the gaming section for that ;)

Ho and I'm network engineer, and I also gasped at some of the stuff related to BGP and Peering. So now I'll comment even more.

And short bio : former regular gamer, biggest lan of Geneva (Switzerland) organizer, FOE,Tetris (NES/TGM), Doom (Legacy) player, Dj, Writer (in French), doing his part in the DFZ world. Most likely old-ish, and runs FreeBSD and Mutt as daily driver.

Hope the place is as smooth as I would love it to be ;)

Cheers,

PorCus

someone nows that video when colton or everybody in a roon start talking in japanesse or chinesse? idk, about the name of the gtx1660ti lol. pls that video was super funyy and i want to watchit again!

Just want to put my piece into the basket and say that I am new, and enjoying the forum so far. Love it here!

I like working, playing videos games and listening to music. In my spare time I also love to read books. 

Always willing to learn new tech and improve my knowledge.

Hi everyone ?

I've been a LTT Youtube subscriber for the last three years and I've been really enjoying all the videos that the team have made. 

I really like tech stuff and I enjoy tinkering with the electronics available to me, altough I have no experience in coding. 

I live in Italy and I'm in my early 20s, I'm a big photography nerd and I'm a proud owner of a Nintendo Switch ?

I've never build a pc myself but is something I'll definitely want to try someday. I joined the forum hoping to learn something about pc and tech in general. 

Cheers ?

Hello. 

Recent subscriber bed to the channel. I like tech, but it doesn’t like me. Whenever I try to build/modify/update anything, it blows up in my face. Sometimes literally. So I am hoping to learn something. 

To me it looks awesome keep up the good work LMG

Just starting out my things.

Might as well get the first post out the way. o/

Ryzen 7 2700X  | Gigabyte RX5700 XT | ASUS TUF B450M | HyperX Fury 2x16gb 3200MHz |  CM MasterBox Lite 3 (Mesh Modded) | Corsair MP510 960GB | Be Quiet Pure Power 11 700w