Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

Hi all!

I just joined about 2 days ago. 

I joined because after years of watching Linus' YouTube Channel, I finally try to tinker my pc and was very excited of the result.  Just want to say Thanks to Linus and his crew for providing tech info so a average joe like me can do some tinkering on his pc!  

Hello!

I've only been a subscriber since October 2017, but better late than never! After watching a few build guides I decided to take it upon myself to build my own rig, very grateful that I left the el-cheapo laptop owner crowd B|

• 2 weeks later...

Long time watcher, first time poster. This forum is a great community with a lot of knowledge, and I'll be happy to meet some people who share my interests - friends and family just aren't into computer stuff.

I'm a mechanical designer by day, and an enthusiast PC builder and modder by night. Looking forward to sharing some of my future builds.

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | NVidia RTX 2070 Super Reference | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz x 32GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD | Custom Loop | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Phanteks Evolv iTX TG (modded) | Acer Predator XB1

Finally joining. Watching vids for ~2.5 years. rocking a 4790k and gtx [F] 970 I scrounged for. cheers mates

New member, finally deciding to break the mold and actually join the hordes of watchers. Middle brother's a long-time fan, told me to check out the channel a year or two ago and I've been watching ever since. Love the content, super informative and reignited the fire that I needed to revive/overhaul the last build that I did (overclocked FX-8320 + GTX 970 to a Ryzen 5 1600 + 1080 Ti). I like to keep the ones that I grew up building with my stepfather around my desk, to remind me just how much fun I had in the hobby.

Looking forward to future videos, I think I'll stick around the community for a while and see what else I can learn. Cheers.

-Renault

Codename: Relay Station Sigma MK.III | Case: NZXT Phantom 820 (White) | CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (Clocked at 3.4GHz) | Mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: 32GB TridentZ RGB DDR4-2933 | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G

I forgot that I had an account here. I've been recently getting back to watching LTT videos. Decided to drop by and say hi!

New LTT insignia on YouTube is too messy. I understand going for a modern abstract logo, but I believe you've missed the mark. The new logo doesn't stand out among my feed, while also managing to not be easily identifiable as LTT.  I'm open to a new logo, but I believe your talented team can do better.  I've watched you create high quality content for 5 years and only want provide my opinion as some outside guidance.  Keep up the good work and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Just joined and enjoying the channel. Thanks to all the build guides I was able to finish my first build about a week ago and it is working well!

been watching for a month now. wanted to join the forum

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

I've been watching Linus for years now, yet I haven't made an account. Bit the bullet today though. I'm glad to be a part of this community.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I have been following the channel for about 2 weeks and loving it. I have learned a lot but I think I will learn even more once I join this forum.  Glad to be on board!

• 2 weeks later...

I tried using that link that was in the latest vid, but it doesn't work. Has anyone else had any luck?

Deleted.

Edited by Surpluss1
Didn't find it appropriate any longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I'm new to this forum.

Specs: Intel 4th gen i3 4030U @1.90 GHz | 12 Gb 1600 Mhz DDR3 RAM | Intel HD 4400 2 Gb | 1 Tb Seagate Firecuda SSHD | Windows 10 Pro

2015 Dell Latitude E5440 14"

(And yes, I game on this...)

I am a high schooler who is a crazy tech wizard.

Big channel fan joined for some tech help, of which I turned out to be the cause...

I love ITX and sleeper builds, I am anti RGB but love Corsair products (they RGB everything so I have to turn it off). I buy pretty much everything Corsair except for HDDs (SeagateB ) and cases. Case wise I am a Fractal fan, also like their fans and AIOs tho. Never found a Corsair case I like :)

I mainly play KSP and Rocket League on my 1080p gaming rig (cant afford 1440p, could barely afford 1080p!)

I also dabble in Terraria, Skyrim and wading through the masses of videos and photos of our children that my wife insists on taking. My job is to find the best, store, backup and share with the family.

I have been PC gaming since 1994 on a PowerMac that dual booted Windows 3.1 and Apple! (KidPix was the best art software of its generation!)

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

I am proud to be here.

And I will always be proud.

The community is amazing , LMG is amazing , and Linus is amazing .

LMG is just like a family and they are funny .

(the pranks, trolling , crazy experiments that take a lot of expensive hardware with them ,Guides ,Vlogs ,reviews , personal opinions ,and games they play on channel super fun .)

All have a lot of imperfection which makes them perfect.

Good job and keep going LMG !

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

Been watching LTT videos for a while now and they're actually what got me motivated to build my first gaming PC a few years back.  It's now grown into a nice hobby, with a few iterations of my builds taking place, along with other projects like a custom PFSense build.  Glad to be part of the community!

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

I've been watching LTT for a while, but figured I'd join the forum since the community seems cool. I also owe it to the LTT guides that I was able to complete my first computer build a while back.