Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

Hey everyone! long time watcher first time poster.

I'm interested in all things tech from Mechanical (working on cars all the way through to PC's). Currently planning on building my first gaming PC as my one is outdated trash now :(

20180503_192753[1].jpg

Hey Linus! Been watching your youtube channel for awhile and im hoping i get another chance to work for you. Not hoping to replace anybody, just hoping you grow! Your channel has learned me a lot of things that people tried to teach me but had failed at doing so. Someday i hope to be part of your team! Until then, ill continue watching! 

Hello! i'm new here, hope i will have a gret time :D

Hello humans, hope you are experiencing a solar rotation that could be described as "good".

On 03/01/2013 at 3:03 AM, LinusTech said:

Thanks so much for joining. My vision is a community based on positive member interaction and helping each other. I believe that if we all work together toward this goal, we will have success in the long run.

We don't have official forum rules or anything like that yet, but as long as everyone is respectful of each other, and patient with the growing pains that we are going to experience (vBulletin 5 is VERY beta right now) we can make this into an AWESOME community forum.

Linus

Hi it’s DeltaZ,

I’m also on PCPP forums, which you should check out ‘cause there’s some really knowledgeable people on there

On 04/05/2018 at 3:50 AM, DemcoRage said:

Hey everyone! long time watcher first time poster.

I'm interested in all things tech from Mechanical (working on cars all the way through to PC's). Currently planning on building my first gaming PC as my one is outdated trash now :(

20180503_192753[1].jpg

I wish you luck 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I am totally new to forums and am looking forward to using it to get ideas and tips for all of my pc builds. I have only built 3 pcs so far, but am looking forward to building more. And Linus tech tips is really helping me and I enjoy watching all of his videos. Thanks

hi I'm new on forum

I already hang on discord for a while, ^^

Hello LLT'ians

Dropped by to say hi. Been building desktops since the late 90's. Currently working as a consultant for a semiconductor company. Cheers

Hey guys! I signed up for an account here a while ago but I never really used it, but I'm bored as hell and I'm gonna be building my computer soon, so I thought I might chill here!

?

Hi everyone, 

Not sure why it took me two years to join the forum...but yay now! 

Hey folks, I have just joined the forum. Feeling really much excited to be here.

Hello!
I have been watching Linus videos on Youtube for years and decided to join!

Studying for Google IT Professional Certification

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all!

I've been a fan of the YouTube channel for a while and in someways it influenced my recent switch to a PC platform. We'll, cost-effectiveness played a big part too!

I mainly work in sound for TV/Film and Music Production, so the windows 10 environment is a new frontier for me.  I have some interest in really digging into PC builds for Music Production and Audio editing workdloads. There is a growing amount of people like me looking into building custom PC rigs, but it's a small niche community and there isn't too much information about building a system to run DAWs and Multi-track recording!

Anyways, you'll hear more from me as I try to optimize my own system (just a Lenovo P50) to run cubase and ProTools more effectively! 

IMG_20180703_093028_092.jpg

Been watching Linus for years, thought it'd be a good idea to join the forums! 

Also because I may be building a new PC and who knows what may happen..

On 02/01/2013 at 9:03 PM, LinusTech said:

Thanks so much for joining. My vision is a community based on positive member interaction and helping each other. I believe that if we all work together toward this goal, we will have success in the long run.

We don't have official forum rules or anything like that yet, but as long as everyone is respectful of each other, and patient with the growing pains that we are going to experience (vBulletin 5 is VERY beta right now) we can make this into an AWESOME community forum.

Linus

I am so motivated to improve my channel and setup by looking at this, honestly brought tears into my eyes, this is so incredible how linus has managed to create such an amazing environment! I just hope theres one day that i can meet linus and talk to him in person and ask him questions on improving my setup and my channel...im mind blown <3 

• 2 weeks later...

Just joined!
Thank you for the forum, I've only been on Danish hw forums since the early 2000's, and I've been looking for a new, more international, community.

I think I just found it!
Haven't built a desktop in forever, but I'm currently in the process of building an x79 Xeon system, so need to get my head back into this!

But yea, just saying hi to everyone, I look forward to being part of the community.

Last but not least! Thank you, for the amazing videos, finally a tech youtuber, with a continuous stream of quality content!

New member stopping in to say Hello. 

I’m an avid viewer of Linus Tech Tips on YouTube and a big fan. I am also looking forward to being apart of the Tech Tips forum community. 

Popped in to introduce myself. I'm Kochiha Ichihara, or KI if you prefer it short. I got sick of talking to the same people every day about tech so here I am. I love the channel(s), and I use them as guidelines for when I want to build things. I'm a musician and a voice actor, and I'm looking to break into video production proper having had a little experience with it in the past, but using vastly older equipment. If my name looks familiar, I'm one of the many voice actors from the Warhammer 40K parody series If the Emperor Had a Text-to-Speech Device on YouTube.

What is a mad scientist but a wizard who writes things down?

• 2 weeks later...

As I listen to my wife snore, and await my fiber install, (I wish the company would hurry up) I while was busy shopping around for networking stuffs, I came across the forum while reading about 10gb switches and pfSence boxes....And no this isn't my real name...I just wanted something memorable and funny....so far this site is everything I dreamed it would be.

Needless to say I've been watching the LTT vids since before it was LTT....definitely some quality entertainment there.

Hello, everyone!

I'm a tech enthusiast from Romania, currently I am working as an IT Manager, but due to change soon.

I've dabbled around pretty much everything the uses bytes to communicate and I hope I'll find a nice community of tech enthusiast around here!