Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

hello all

i'm just a guy who likes pc stuff

too bad i have no money ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

aloha

i've been following LTT on youtube for quite some time now and decided to take a look inside the forums
nothing special

is it mandatory to say "hi" here? because i kinda forgot........

Im just your friendly neighborhood non-Newtonian fluid

Hello all. Been watching vids for awhile. Gettin ready for my second build. First one was in 97. A lot sure has changed. Going to be a cool project to do with my two boys. 

Hello! I watch something from LTT almost everyday since December 2017, so it's time to join the forum, I think. :)

Hi I'm from Reddit i mostly watch LTT & other channel's. Join here since its more active here and less stupity from Reddit.

IEM's : Shure SRH1540, ER4PT with P/S cable.

PC: R5 1600 3.8 Ghz, 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ, 4TB HDD & 240GB SDD, Evga GTX 1080Ti.

Hello.

I've been watching LTT (and others) for about 2 years now.

While I plan out my new build, I figured it would be worthwhile to sign up here.

Cheers!

My build from 2011: Intel i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz | Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3-B3 Motherboard | 8GB DDR3-1600 | NVIDIA GTX560 | 2 x 1TB HDD

Is this where I go to introduce myself? I'm a broke poor boy who likes looking at computers I'll never afford, so discovering the LTT YT channel a few weeks ago was cool. Previously, most computer channels I followed were retro focused, like LGR and the 8-Bit Guy. Now I've seen some of the other end of the timeline.

I also like music, video games, literature, and math, to name a few.

HI guys simple introduction here i think >.<

Im just happen to watch all day your tutorial , tips ,scrapyard wars etc 

i am a huge fan of you @linustech 

I am an it student who loves to watch pc building video on youtube 

i find linus video so appealing to people and honest commentary ( no bias intended ) with sarcasm 

have a good day

Hi hello!

IT company owner here, love your philosophy, been building PCs for... wow, 16 years now... so more than half my life...

Just got hooked on LTT because the RGB gaming rig from the middle of 2017 is almost exactly the machine that I built last April, and from there it's just been downhill all week and now I've watched about 50 of your videos...

Seems this thread converted into a "Hello, I am the new guy" one ... so I will introduce myself here.

I work (/play around) with computers for ages, after* a Cosmos2000 (more a toy than a computer), C3-+4, C64 and a Amiga500 (bought used) my first PC was 386SX, while my latest is a Z-Box (bought last year, which was in my region available only as either a 1060 with a 5th gen I7, or a 1070 with I5, I decided for the I5) which I upgraded, with a hard beating heart (voided warranty in process since sticker did not survive ...despite making an effort to salvage it) since I never touched this kind of socket and therefore hadn't the plastic piece to align the CPU ... also never touched this kind of cooler either ... so I legitimately feared the whole time I ruin my brand new computer, to a 6th gen I7 (like the one which was in there it was a U something ... sorry, the numbers in the naming scheme confuse me ... and I can't remember them either).

Anyway here I am. A guy with some computer knowledge and much from that is outdated or forgotten over time.

Among the people I know I am treated as "the expert", since I am the one who knows so much more about any related topic that I am looking like Einstein to cave man. Little do they know that I am merely faking the expert. Though I let them know (most of the time anyway) that what they don't know fills whole libraries. And I am pretty sure if I don't know something I know where to look. Good thing that I am still picking up new stuff fast.

I also worked in IT for a while. Repaired machines (when they had hard or software issues ... unlike others in the region I also made an effort to restore the data on that machines), made websites, maintained a few of them, was admin (and tech guy ... and wrote invoices) for a tiny company. Among a few other things.

I usually meanwhile hesitate to sign up for anything, since the accounts I lost over time range in the hundreds. But I did watch LTT on YT for a while now (also gave me the idea for buying the Z-Box).

I came here for all they guys who are here and have so much more talent and knowledge in computer stuff than I do.

Hello there! Mostly just looking for another place to hang my hat and, well... As much as I like Lunduke and have a fondness for retro? I'm not going to get putty and going to a ye olden text bbs. Might stay might not I dunno.  However that said? Here seems like as good a place as any 

Hullo,

I'm just a dude from NZ who's interested in tech. Happy to join, now that I've finally remembered.

im a trash wizard who has avoided death thus far

whatup nerds?

Welcome to the Madhouse man lol, Forum troll mad Psycho JR lol 

Heyo whatsup everyone!? Just logging in to say HI and see how the forums is doing. I actually thought here would be a great place to ask for opinions on my first gaming rig. Anyone know where the best thread to do that would be? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2013 at 10:03 PM, LinusTech said:

Thanks so much for joining. My vision is a community based on positive member interaction and helping each other. I believe that if we all work together toward this goal, we will have success in the long run.

We don't have official forum rules or anything like that yet, but as long as everyone is respectful of each other, and patient with the growing pains that we are going to experience (vBulletin 5 is VERY beta right now) we can make this into an AWESOME community forum.

Linus

Hi this is my first time on a forum

Hi, I found your YouTube videos a little while ago and I'm just joining. Hope you keep up the good work. 

Oh no I hate being a noob. Linus will kill me for being a noob on here.:)  Anyway Hi guys

I'm leaving this community, you're all a bunch of elitist snobs

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!