Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

Hi all

Finally took the dive and created and account and joined Floatplane club all in one hit. Figured i watch enough LTT content to warrant the creation. Have decent Tech and IT knowledge so time to contribute!

My name is Cat (or that's what most everyone calls mexD), have been a follower of Linus' YouTube channel for 3-4 years, last week decided to join the community.:)

Am a PC enthusiast (& builder), some of my knowledge has came direct from Linus, have been a member of the Tech community (about half of that as a Staffer) for the last 10 years. It all began while waiting on my disability to be approved, there was no $200 for a new HDD in a PC shop, so went to the public library & took it upon myself to learn how to repair my own. Living in a business district, noticed computers of all types by the curb on recycle days, hit pay dirt the first time, bring home two notebooks, with XP reinstall media & drivers & utilities CD's taped to both. While one was running fine, only needed XP Pro to be reinstalled, the other had a broken MB, yet the HDD was twice as large as mine, so ended up with two computers & that was only the beginning of a long, rewarding hobby.:)

Glad to be here & hope that I can be a contributing member here!

Cat

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks, long time lurker around the LTT channel. Built my first PC in High School in 2004 - AMD64 / ATI 9800 Pro combo and been hooked ever since. spent a few years in the wilderness that was consoles and laptop until my wife's grandmother borked her old desktop...

I cracked open that old Dell dual core and bam... was hooked again.

Currently running two rigs + a couple of little project hobby builds

main one is now:

Ryzen 7 1700 + RX 480 8GB 

Secondary one:

Core i5 4590 + GTX 970 

Sure ill see all of you in and around the forums!

Hi! My Name is Rodrigo and i'm from Chile

I come here from Youtube jajaja

My main Computer is a Asus N-Series Laptop, i7 4720HQ, 1TB SSD (Boot), 1TB HDD (Files, bla bla bla) + Nvidia GTX 950M. 

That's all :D

New to the forum. Old forum was overly moderated so I left. I've built one computer, long time LTT fan, hope I can contribute something valuable. 

Hey everyone xD

Hey, I am new here. Really excited to learn new things...

And...

Hi Linus,

Your team is soo cool,

And Denis is so cute and funny...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Very excited to be part of this community.

A lot to learn.

Im new to the community so hi guess love  the channel (Linus Tech Tips/Tech quickie/Channel Super Fun)

Hi everyone. I found LTT through some friends. The videos are great and I'm interested to see if I get the same level of enjoyment out of the forum!

Hope everyone is having a great day/night!

Hi folks,

Originally signed up in 2014 (Don't recall doing it) but decided to get involved on the forums again!

So hey, from Ireland

Hi guys, this is my first post here, I signed up because Linus keeps telling me in all of his video's and I'm a real enthusiast. I know you'll all make me feel welcome here.

I enjoy your You Tube tech info. videos.  I find them useful and/ or interesting. The clarity (focus, sharpness, color) and audio of your videos are well above average. 

Had watched your wedding video (April 2011) today and a much belated Congratulations !  nice that you have 3 children. So you're 30 years old - your energy level in your videos makes you appear to be a 23 to 25 year old.

I'm just an average guy who has built 2 DIY desktops in 2008 and 2016. My wife of nearly 27 years is technology illiterate and hates computers. Some of my very 1st PC  games when I was in my 20's and before I was married:  Zork, Bards Tale, Lode Runner, Ultima,  Kings Quest, Wizardy  and Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy. Then by 2001 was Diablo II / LoD expansion, later came WoW, and eventually Diablo 3 - I stopped playing games in Dec. 2016 except MSN Internet Spades.  No, I do not own or have Play Station, Xbox, Nintendo, etc. as they are too difficult for me since I have very poor dexterity or those finger/thumb and eye coordination -  reflexes. I'm much better at Pin Ball machines. My 2 daughters both have graduated from High School and they do not play video games however do use laptops. I got into computers while serving in the United States Navy (1978 - 1986). My military occupation was Aviation Electronics Technician.  My Uncle introduced me to his Apple II Plus in 1982. He worked in the Media/ Communications department at University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona.  Oh! I have visited Vancouver, BC, Canada once when I was in the U.S. Navy stationed near Seattle, Washington I had taken a  drive up there. A very nice place !!  When watching your Wedding video automatically knew you were in Greece from the building architectural design. I've been to Athens, Greece.  Greeks have very delicious food like lamb, salads, bread and wine and some kind of tradition as it was fun to dance and smash our dinner plates on the floor. Anyways Linus, may you and your family have a wonderful and happy life.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Found this forum from a Techquickie video. Figured this forum could help with my general lack of knowledge about the PC Master Race.

I'd just like to share a few stuff that's been on my mind :

-Thank you friendly LMG people for being so cool and awesome and bringing the PC joy to a new level...

-Of all the tech youtube channels yours is the most interesting and that is a fact consistent as gravity...

-I was afraid to even touch a computer but after watching your videos and keeping up with the community i feel like i've actually been to real computer school...

-You guys are insanely fun and if there would ever be a chance for a movie on Discovery or even a NatGeo documentary about tech and computers in Canada, you guys better be in that movie or else! 

-The LTT forums and the community  remind me on how internet used to be when it was cool back in the early 2000s...clean pure slick and smart! 

Thank you for everything you do and keep up the good work!...greets from Serbia! 

Using Tapatalk

Hi guys!

My name's Mike, I'm 20 and currently I live in Poland. In the daytime I work full time for one of the biggest insurance broking company in Poland as a developer/programmer and a network engineer, but also I've got my own business (at the moment providing small services, but I'm looking forward to grow it in the future).

I came here because, huh, I just like LMG content. Even though Linus is not necessarily doing things the proper way, it's fun to watch their videos and relax. Maybe I'll be able to help some users in the forum, or support LMG with small contribution (it's not like it would make big difference for Linus, but hey! Intention is what counts and amount of positive small factors and supporters is what makes things big :P).

So, once again, hello everybody. It's nice to be there :).

Well, as you can see I'm not exactly new a member.... but i never introduced myself here. So hello everyone, I'm just an average guy working as HRM in my dad's company. I'm really into technology, especially peripherals like Mouse and Keyboard. (Really looking forward for LTT next peripherals video)

I found this forum as i find LinusTechTips back in 2014, but i didn't join until this year since I'm too lazy to make a new account :D

Hello Guys!

My name is Szymon (Simon or for close friends Sate) (23 yo) and I was born in Poland. 10 years ago I moved to Edinburgh in Scotland and well... I stayed here :V

I have just graduated from Napier University. I did there Web Design and Development so I can say, I know how into internet and not funny memes.

At the moment I am working in "Big Shop" but I am looking for a job as UX Designer or front end developer. When I am off from "Big Shop" I do some freelancing.

Hope to have a good time here.

Peace

我是你的中国粉丝:x

I'm your Chinese fans~

Hi, there im starting learning about this gaming stuff. Thanks to you is gonna be more easy. im 23 years old and i have computer, smartphones and tablet repair shop in Puerto Rico. 

Hey all, 

Here's my intro post. I'm known pretty much everywhere on the internet as Moros1138. The name is a 2 part reference of Stargate SG-1 and George Lucas. Anyways, I've not been on the forum for very long but I have been watching WAN, LTT, TQ, and CSF on youtube for a few months now. Loving all of it. Seriously, a huge time saver. I am usually way to busy to properly research the ever growing and changing beast that is computer technology. While I'd never rely on the videos 100%, I can say that I love the integrity and transparency demonstrated time and again in the videos whether it be personal opinions, cold hard facts, or even just saying "i don't know"..

A little about myself. I hail from Indiana, USA. My friends and family would probably tell you I'm a computer nerd. I tend to agree. When it comes to building PCs I would say I'm a hobbyist when I have the money (which isn't often). The rest of the time I do web app development type stuff. When I'm not playing with code projects, I enjoy playing tabletop RPGs with my nearest and dearest. 

Hi, everyone :)

I'm new to the LTT forums! I have been watching Linus for quite a while and finally decided to join the forums. I love technology and am starting a tech channel :)

Happy to be here,

Aerdian

Hello! It's me just passing through :)