Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

Hello friends! Greetings from my desk chair somewhere in 'Murica!

On 1/2/2013 at 10:03 PM, LinusTech said:

Thanks so much for joining. My vision is a community based on positive member interaction and helping each other. I believe that if we all work together toward this goal, we will have success in the long run.

We don't have official forum rules or anything like that yet, but as long as everyone is respectful of each other, and patient with the growing pains that we are going to experience (vBulletin 5 is VERY beta right now) we can make this into an AWESOME community forum.

Linus

Hi linus! I know im a bit late to the party, but i really like the forums so far! keep up the great work on the videos! i really like channel super fun! it was also funny (though it must have sucked) when dennis's foot fell through the roof

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Greetings!

This is my first post in here. I hope I could meet a lots of friends with LTT fans. Have a great day!:x

hello. its me. i was wondering if after all these days you'd like to meet me. who wouldnt?

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, wuliwawa said:

Greetings!

This is my first post in here. I hope I could meet a lots of friends with LTT fans. Have a great day!:x

Hello! Im pretty new around here too

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Is it sad that I joined only when I saw the giveaway for the AMD GPUs? I know i'm not the only one but its such a shame. Anyway, I will try my best to fit in now that I have joined up. So I guess this means 'Hello'

Got hooked on the videos from Techquickie about a month or so ago! Now I've binge watched a bunch of videos from there as well as LTT. Really informative, and quite entertaining!

Greetings from the Philippines!

Hi folks! Been watching Linus's stuff on YouTube for about a month now. Both entertaining and informative-- it's like TechTV for the modern age.

I'll be frank, I joined mostly for the Feenix giveaway, but I might pop in every now and then just for the heck of it too. ^__^

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Looking forward to be a part of this forum! 

I have been into computers since 2005 when I accidentally changed the color settings on a monitor to 16 colors. In 2007, I got my first decent PC with and AMD Athlon 64 CPU. That PC lasted me (with RAM and GPU upgrades along the way) until 2015. I am now typing on an Asus laptop which is pretty decent. I am soon going to build a PC for the first time and I can't wait to share my experiences with you guys.

Once again, I am hyped to join the community.

PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | ASUS PRIME X570-PRO | 32GB 2400MHz Kingston HyperX Fury | RTX2060 6GB GDDR5 | 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD and 2x 960GB SATA SSD | Windows 11 22H2

HOME SERVER:

CPU: Intel Core i5-11500 | Gigabyte H470i Aorus Pro AX | 16GB DDR4 | Radeon RX570 8GB GDDR5 | 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD | VMware ESXi 7.0 Update 3

LAPTOP:

Apple M2 Pro (10 core CPU, 16 Core GPU) | Apple MacBook Pro 14" 2023 | 16GB Unified Memory | 512GB SSD | macOS Ventura

Hello Linus, Really enjoy watching your shows. I've learn a lot about computers since I started watching! B)

I'm a bit late getting around to posting on these forums but better late than never lol. I've watched the Youtube channels for quite a while because Linus and company are just more normal people on a tech channel than most I've looked at. I didn't start watching it to learn things since there wouldn't be much for me to learn but more so just because most things computers is something I've been into for a long time but most tech related channels I've looked at over the years are too full of hype videos, fancy bs, promoting this or that piece of hardware like it's the end all and must have.

I buy and sell computers, computer parts, and a variety of other things locally and online so I like messing with that sort of stuff and like talking about it, watching videos in my free time sometimes. I figured I'd start getting on these forums since there should be more like minded people on here.

Hey everyone!

So I'm a guy from Finland who loves cars and tinkering with computers.

I have been watching LinusTechTips for half a year now, so I decided to join this forum.  I also have a YouTube channel which's name is Gameguy 2 like my profile's name.

Hey there. I'm relatively new to the world of LTT (I've only really started watching his videos within the last ten or so months), and I figured I might as well make an account here while I'm waiting on my laundry.

There's not much to me. I've been interested in computers since 2000, when my cousin showed me the basics of HTML. Web design has been my forte since, but I've branched out since then. My interest in actual hardware came in 2004, when I first added additional RAM to my crappy pre-built HP desktop, bringing it from a paltry 256MB to 768MB. I also painted the case, which can be considered my first foray into case modding.

Nowadays, I'm interested in budget builds and DIY, somewhat eclectic modding. For the last four or so years, my current build and tower have been my Frankenstein. I had an NZXT Source 210, but it was laid to rest after I discovered that a few rounds of 5.56x42 weren't the best modding tools. Now I'm using a HAF 920, and I've made sure not to shoot it.

... Yet.

But yeah, that's me. I hope I'll be able to stick around. Peace and love.

Hello all,

You've guessed it, I'm a new member. Just wanted to start off by saying that I've watched LTT/TQ videos for about a year now and I've enjoyed each one. It's become part of my daily YouTube routine. Keep up the fantastic work! I mainly joined the forums because I recently built my own computer for the first time, and I reckon that if I need any help or advice there'd be someone here with the knowledge to assist, but also to chat to other tech oriented people and make a few friends along the way. 

For those wondering, my PC was fairly budget, i5-6400, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 500GB HDD, Corsair 400C, RX480.

But anyway, I hope to be a reliable contributor to the forums!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so hyped about finally getting on this forum!!!

I love the LTT videos!

On 3/1/2013 at 4:03 AM, LinusTech said:

Thanks so much for joining. My vision is a community based on positive member interaction and helping each other. I believe that if we all work together toward this goal, we will have success in the long run.

We don't have official forum rules or anything like that yet, but as long as everyone is respectful of each other, and patient with the growing pains that we are going to experience (vBulletin 5 is VERY beta right now) we can make this into an AWESOME community forum.

Linus

I've just joined this community and it looks great, i've been watching your videos for a year now and i thougt that was the perfect moment for joining, thank you for creating thins awesome community Linus :)

I am quite new to this forum, not to ltt in general, i have used one forum before (MSI). So just wanna say hi.

-

Edited by TheTornadoGamer
ignore; read bottom post

TheTornadoGamer's the name. I'm into gaming and technology. My real name is David Torres.

I used to be very picky about PC parts on a pre-built PC website and order them illegally via Credit Card Generator and put fake names in. But now I stopped doing it because I realized that it's clearly a crime.

I hate hacking other people's accounts on social media. That's my least favorite thing to do.

Nice to meet ya!

Hello. I'm Skullmeat. I'm currently taking a course to get my CompTIA A+, and My CCNA. I sometime DJ as a hobby, and I watch alot of anime. I also moderate a large tech forum. (Not this one of course)

Hi! Been watching a lot of Linus Tech Tips and Techquickie on YouTube, as well as being a frequent forum post reader over here for quite a while. Finally decided to join for real.

I'm mostly a PC enthusiast, though I do plan to work in tech/IT alongside my compsci degree.

Nice to meet you all!

Hi guys, I am glad to have joined this forum! Been in the game since 2008 with my current rig (minor upgrades) and have mostly frequented OCN but have decided to spread my wings. Been watching Linus's videos for quite awhile and they are some of the best on the internet. Thanks for having me.