Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

It's been a long time since I joined any forum, but I've been lurking for a while and people seem great and helpful here. I hope I'll be able to contribute as well.

Hello!

I've been a PC tinkerer/builder for over 10 years now, but I've been hopping from place to place, not really satisfied with the communities I've settled in. But this place seems like a chill place and I have been enjoying Linus's videos on YouTube.

My only real concern is that I feel like I have a lot of ideas about PC building philosophy that tends to clash with what seems to be the norm for people to think. Computers are my love, so I want to know as much about them as possible in order to use them in the best way as possible. But hopefully I can get down with others on meaningful conversations about computer tech and all that.

Because if anything, Linus himself likes to challenge what the popular opinion thinks. I hope that open-mindedness extends to his community.

(I suppose a little more background for me... I'm a software developer by trade, starting with embedded systems. So I got really intimate with computers :3 )

Hello all just joined the forums and looking forward to a great place for tech talk:).

Good Morning Ameri.... I mean; Good Morning Canada! I've joined this PCMR community of enthusiasts out of necessity, you can find about that somewhere in my profile, it's not that hard to find.(only thread I've made so far =)

I used to be a console gamer, now I'm a PC gamer, the reasons why is pretty easy to figure out... components, hands on work, the feel of "I made that myself and I'm proud of it!" are some of the most satisfying ones for me. Also, easy upgradability > console gens.

• 3 weeks later...

New and tired.

I just reported the last 3 posts because I thought this was the meme thread.  Omg, I shouldn't be up this early anymore.

Hey all!

Long time watcher and figured I would finally drop in the forum since I actually had a question, as for who I am well Im a twitch streamer who is also very much into tech and repairs so its not unusual to see me taking apart a classic console for repairs or fixing someones laptop when they snap a hinge and the like.

Just about everything I know is self taught with PC's and repairs as I always have found text books are nice but actually working through the problems and researching as you go helps me learn better as well as the feeling when you solve the issue is like no other. That said even I get stumped at times when the issue is kinda rare.

Im also kinda a sucker for the underdog stuff like the Playstation Vita xD 

Well thats enough rambling! if anyone has any questions feel free to ask my PM box is always open!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! Just registered. I have been watching tons of the videos on YouTube and was happy to find out there is also a forum,  looks like a great community! 

May I take this opportunity to thank Linus for the amazing videos! 

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings! Name's Dave & I live in western Colorado & have an Asus k60I. Great videos.

Join the fight for the Linus tech tips team to be apart of Youtube Rewind 2016.. 

The fight for socks and sandals 

My nom de plume is Aereto_Compuru, and I am settling in this forum as part of learning more about computers at my own pace. I use the nom de plume as part of my personal ethics about internet use and confidentiality safeguards.

At the time of this post, I am a CIS student in US, so there is that emphasis of software over hardware when it comes to learning and training. Initial reason of joining is simply stemmed from my periods of intensive PC component research and PC build planning. After plenty of mental frustrations and the need to inquire for meeting specific needs and future resilience planning, I decided that searching the internet for answers is not going to cut it.

By the time I get a job (part time or otherwise), the first order of business besides paying off my financial aid is having a PC custom-built to my specs and by my hands. While people go for great looking luxury or sports cars, I prefer a PC, a vehicle of a different definition with a nice engine to like listening into. I could also use that same build and use as proof of my working knowledge and skills to potential employers.

My aspirations are not too high; while I would have a computer-related career, my interests that I want to grow as a hobby is one-man game development. I keep the funding between the two separate as default in my future financial planning, so the development projects may have to rely on $0 software budget when no outside financial investments will be used.

At the time of this post, the desktop and laptop I use are the usual pre-builts, both upgraded to Windows 10 as an effort to increase operating system familiarity when providing support.

Spoiler

Primary PC - Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 w/ 8GB RAM and HDD to SSD upgrades - Multi-Purpose / Light Gaming Laptop

Aurelia Null Box - Custom Gamer-Developer Hybrid Desktop PC: Link Below (Intel Core i7 6700, RX 480)

<html>
  <body>

<b><blink>HI </blink><br> I like this site!</b>
  </body>    
</html>

Where am i?

Made my account today for the LG projector giveaway... This is an awesome site for tech knowledge, i can't believe i've been missing on this site for so long!

Hey Peops , I'm also New on this COOL Forum 

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

Hello... Big fan with the youtube channel.

Heya! I'm new here. I've been following LTT on Youtube for like the longest time now, but I've never been much of a forums guy. So I thought to myself; well let's just do it shall we? And here I am. Going to try my best to be an active part of this community!

Greetings from Finland! //Zacke

New member here, but I've been a subscriber on your youtube channel for like 2 years now and I've learned a lot! 

Here to say "Hi", so here we go! 

I've been a lurker mostly for the past 2 years, recently switched to Vessel for the video's and finally put myself up to joining the forums and creating an account.

I use a 13 inch MacBook Pro Retina as a daily driver and have a HTPC style 'gaming' PC that has been doing it's job nicely for about 3 years now. It's in dire need of some upgrades but hey, it does what it needs to do.

Who knows if I can be of some kind of assistance here in my free time. LTT, keep up the great content.

Greetings from the Netherlands!

Folding@Home ~75k points per day | My Simple Air-cooled Machine Maintenance Guide | Dutch Talk | Building a Wooden Popsicle Stick House

Main rig: i7-3770 stock - ASUS P8Z77-M - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz - 2x Radeon HD6970 2GB - SilverStone GD05-B - Corsair RM650x

Hello, my name is Tom Hanks.

I have always had a keen eye on technology and computers, they fascinate me so much, what amazing things humans can create.

I am a pretty famous person, been in 1 or 2 movies, traveled most of the world, so here i am setting up an account on LinusTechTips which i found from YouTube.

E7-8890 V3 x2 , 12TB DDR4 @ 1866, Quadro K6000's + 2x GTX 1080's.

I wish this forum becomes as awesome as linus