Displayport Splitter (1x2) that supports 1080p @ 120 - 144hz + G-SYNC... does one exist?

SouthpawGamerHD

So I want a splitter to send the same signal to two different screens.  The one Monitor is my main G-SYNC 144hz monitor and the other is actually a capture card that can handle 60hz (Located in a different PC).

I’m just not sure such a splitter exists.  There are a million different HDMI splitters but when I searched for what I need I found only a single one that MAY work. 

BYTECC DPSP102 1X2 DisplayPort Splitter

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812270642&cm_re=1x2_DP_splitter-_-12-270-642-_-Product

I’m hoping someone on these boards can help me find what I need or tell me there is no such product.

I actually have no idea on cables, but I might have a better option for your problem.

So why do you actually need a splitter cable?

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

I need to get the same signal from a single DP into two different screens while being able to keep 144hz + G-SYNC on my main monitor.  That's the short version.  

What is your other solution?

Long story is that I purchased a new 144hz G-SYNC monitor and need to duplicate or mirror my main screen for streaming purposes, however to do so my regular method means limiting my new 144hz monitor to 60hz (Which is a big problem).  My only course of action now is to somehow get around that or to purchase a $1000+ DP capture device.

I'd recommend using ShadowPlay for any capture, if you can. G-SYNC does not play well with any devices other than G-SYNC monitors and I doubt very much any configuration like this would work unless you disable G-SYNC.

I'm trying to stream using a second PC to do all the encoding work with a Live Gamer HD (HDMI) capture card.  I can mirror the Avermedia / G-SYNC screen but that leads to losing the 144hz refresh rate I've grown rather fond of.  I need a solution to keep using my second PC to stream while keeping G-SYNC + 144hz available to my main PCs monitor.

If I were recording gameplay I would use Shadowplay

I'm trying to stream using a second PC to do all the encoding work with a Live Gamer HD (HDMI) capture card.  I can mirror the Avermedia / G-SYNC screen but that leads to losing the 144hz refresh rate I've grown rather fond of.  I need a solution to keep using my second PC to stream while keeping G-SYNC + 144hz available to my main PCs monitor.

If I were recording gameplay I would use Shadowplay

The Live Gamer HD doesn't take DisplayPort input though, and even over HDMI the card can only handle up to 60Hz. You simply won't be able to get 144Hz input to that card no matter which way you slice things.

The Live Gamer HD doesn't take DisplayPort input though, and even over HDMI the card can only handle up to 60Hz. You simply won't be able to get 144Hz input to that card no matter which way you slice things.

I'm aware of that, I don't want to get 144hz into th capture card.  I only want to maintain 144hz on my main display while still using the capture card IF it is possible by means of splitters / adapters.  

I'm aware of that, I don't want to get 144hz into th capture card.  I only want to maintain 144hz on my main display while still using the capture card IF it is possible by means of splitters / adapters.  

Hm. I don't think it will be possible, the only thing a splitter can do is duplicate the same signal, and the capture card won't take more than 60Hz. And as you found out, mirroring displays has the same limitation.

If you are only using one monitor on you gaming pc, why not mirror you output with your GPU and send one of the other outputs to the capture card and use the DP to the monitor.

Human intelligence decreases with increasing proximity to oncoming traffic.

Hm. I don't think it will be possible, the only thing a splitter can do is duplicate the same signal, and the capture card won't take more than 60Hz. And as you found out, mirroring displays has the same limitation.

I'm secretly hoping that with a 1x2 DP splitter + ACTIVE DP – HDMI adapter that I can still get 144hz to my main display AND have the second signal coming out of the same DP source go into the capture card and be registered at 60hz without screwing with my main monitor.

You’d have to imagine…

GPU ---- DP Splitter ----- 144hz Monitor

----- DP – HDMI Adapter (ACTIVE) ----- Capture Card

From my understanding the ACTIVE adapters make the GPU think they are talking to a DP screen and not an HDMI, I am also hoping that the splitter eliminates the need to mirror screens because that is the device doing that for me.

I'm secretly hoping that with a 1x2 DP splitter + ACTIVE DP – HDMI adapter that I can still get 144hz to my main display AND have the second signal coming out of the same DP source go into the capture card and be registered at 60hz without screwing with my main monitor.

You’d have to imagine…

GPU ---- DP Splitter ----- 144hz Monitor

----- DP – HDMI Adapter (ACTIVE) ----- Capture Card

From my understanding the ACTIVE adapters make the GPU think they are talking to a DP screen and not an HDMI, I am also hoping that the splitter eliminates the need to mirror screens because that is the device doing that for me.

The only problem will be the last step, if the active adapter is receiving a 144Hz signal through DisplayPort, it won't convert it into a 60Hz HDMI signal (or even 144Hz HDMI as that's out of spec and very unlikely to be supported by an adapter) and the capture card won't be able to handle a 144Hz input signal anyway. It won't just take 60 frames from that and ignore the rest or something like that, instead you'd get the equivalent of an "out of range" error that you get on a monitor when you set the refresh rate higher than the monitor allows.

The only problem will be the last step, if the active adapter is receiving a 144Hz signal through DisplayPort, it won't convert it into a 60Hz HDMI signal (or even 144Hz HDMI as that's out of spec and very unlikely to be supported by an adapter) and the capture card won't be able to handle a 144Hz input signal anyway. It won't just take 60 frames from that and ignore the rest or something like that, instead you'd get the equivalent of an "out of range" error that you get on a monitor when you set the refresh rate higher than the monitor allows.

Well, in that case know if any affordable DP capture cards? All the ones I've seen are easily well over $1000 

I'd like to keep streaming with two PCs but I'm not going to pay over $500 after taxes for a capture card.

EDIT* I have the ACTIVE adapter showing up at my place tomorrow.  I'm going to be playing with that and seeing if it's of any use.

Well, in that case know if any affordable DP capture cards? All the ones I've seen are easily well over $1000 

I'd like to keep streaming with two PCs but I'm not going to pay over $500 after taxes for a capture card.

I don't know of any, unfortunately :(

I don't know of any, unfortunately :(

With all these DP monitors out now there is a real gap in the capture device market.  All the mainstream capture cards for gaming related streaming are HDMI only.

Is there any sort of adapter that takes 144 and downscales it to 60?  Use that as a middle man.

• 2 months later...

With all these DP monitors out now there is a real gap in the capture device market.  All the mainstream capture cards for gaming related streaming are HDMI only.

Did you have any success with the splitter? I have the same issue and i was wondering if that worked for you.

Intel I7 4770k 4.2ghz, Asus Maximus VI Hero,16 gb Corsair Ram(1600 mhz), GTX 780 Classified, 1000w EVGA Supernova Powersupply,Corsair h100i
250 GB Samsung 840 Evo Solid State Drive(OS Drive), 120 GB Corsair Solid State Drive, 1 Terabyte Western Digital Drive
(Blue)