Locked out of older laptop, requires password immediately after turning it on!!

I'm trying to restore an old laptop I have just to do some web browsing and watching movies. I ordered all the parts I could possibly need ( including charger, which I had lost), when the charger came in I powered it on only to find out that for some reason it requires a password at the very beginning right after hitting the power button. It gives me 3 chances to enter the correct password, and then it powers down without giving a code or anything. I have pulled the whole thing apart looking for the battery, or jumper with no luck. Please please help me!

Toshiba Satellite A55-S306

Where did this old laptop come from? Was it yours from the get-go?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You sure you can't find a button battery on the motherboard? I think that's the only way to clear cmos and thereby removing the password to the bios.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

it could be a password on the hdd it was like that at my school the fix was to hit ctrl+alt+delete 

CPU Intel Core i5-4670K 4.2GHz Quad-Core    CPU Cooler Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid     Motherboard MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150   Memory Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600     Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" SSD     Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM    Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB   Case Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower   Power Supply Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V  Optical Drive none Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 ultimate

it wasnt mine originally, i bought it for $20 from a girl that I work with. It was originally her dads, I asked if she knew the password but unfortunately she does not.

I had the whole thing in pieces looking for a battery or jumper, and couldnt find anything idky. and for the hard drive password I tried the control alt delete thing with no luck, i even replaced the hard drive with a different one..This is really driving me crazy I just wanna watch my tv shows and surf the web. my other laptop's hard drive died and I dont have the money for another one right now

Password locked HDD.. good luck with that. You can try using Hirenboot CD Utilities to remove it but the chance is pretty slim.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I had this issues many years ago on my Toshiba Equium A210. I had to completely remove the CMOS battery and wait for 5 minutes then put it back in. The BIOS password just showed up one day, no idea why. I didn't set a password and the default password didn't work so I had to remove the battery and after 5 minutes all was well again.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

I think your only chance is removing the CMOS battery (not the normal laptop battery but another battery on the motherboard as posted by godlikegohan) once removed leave the laptop for 10 minutes then put everything back together.

you all so could try a backdoor password   ( toshiba )

99% chance it will not work but. worth a try

Ok i will pull it all apart and remove the battery and ill let you all know what happens..

@YoYo155 i'm not sure if its the bios, i have been wondering that myself. but its not the hard drive thats locked so idk. im taking it apart now tho so hopefully i just need to pull the battery

just pulled the battery for 45 mins, put it all back together and it still asking for the password

just pulled the battery for 45 mins, put it all back together and it still asking for the password

complete noob question but, you took out the main battery for the laptop out too right? if yes, and the bios battery, and that didnt work then  wow

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

yea the main battery and cmos battery both out for 45 mins