Steam Refunds

Bleedman0xx

You can request a refund for nearly any purchase on Steam—for any reason. Maybe your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements; maybe you bought a game by mistake; maybe you played the title for an hour and just didn't like it.

It doesn't matter. Valve will, upon request via help.steampowered.com, issue a refund for any reason, if the request is made within fourteen days of purchase, and the title has been played for less than two hours. There are more details below, but even if you fall outside of the refund rules we’ve described, you can ask for a refund anyway and we’ll take a look.

You will be issued a full refund of your purchase within a week of approval. You will receive the refund in Steam Wallet funds or through the same payment method you used to make the purchase. If, for any reason, Steam is unable to issue a refund via your initial payment method, your Steam Wallet will be credited the full amount. (Some payment methods available through Steam in your country may not support refunding a purchase back to the original payment method. Click here for a full list.)

FINALLY, amirite? Now, all we need is the ability to trade in Steam-bought games for credit or something.

Source: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

maxresdefault.jpg

How about cs go operations? Could I refund that if it lays in my inventory unused?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

I wish they'd done this sooner, as I would love to get a refund for RE: 6, which was a travesty in my opinion

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

How about cs go operations? Could I refund that if it lays in my inventory unused?

If it's not explicitly outlined in the source link I provided, probably not. Maybe we'll know for sure in time.

I doubt it will be real easy though.

can no longer find a fault with valve...sigh, I need something new to hate.

How long they take to reply to emails lol

HELL HATH FROZEN OVER, CONFESS YOUR SINS, REPENT, THE DAY OF RECKONING IS UPON US MERE MORTALS! 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

1.within 14 days

2.must have played it for less than 2 hours

THANK YOU VALVE

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i want to refund GTA V, the online servers are full of hackers now a days -.-

well you should have come to that conclusion within two hours :P

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Those bastards

AT THE VERY LEAST there should be a window to get refunds on your FULL HISTORY of purchased games that never worked!

Fuck Valve so much

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

if the request is made within fourteen days of purchase, and the title has been played for less than two hours. There are more details below, but even if you fall outside of the refund rules we’ve described, you can ask for a refund anyway and we’ll take a look.

Go ahead, try your luck?

well you should have come to that conclusion within two hours :P

in 2hs i wouldnt know a hacker even if i saw 1 using god mod lol.

Go ahead, try your luck?

why not, i will give it a shot i guess.

I think I have to try some refunds on earlier bought games.

Maybe Kane&Lynch and GTA IV

About effing time valve, now if you can get an actual customer service system it would be nice.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Those bastards

AT THE VERY LEAST there should be a window to get refunds on your FULL HISTORY of purchased games that never worked!

Fuck Valve so much

Some people will find anything to complain about.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Hopefully this will crack down on the indies games that are just cash grabs. The amount of low quality early access games will reduce drastically which is fucking great.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

yeah...

also I don't know how it works if it's bundled

ex: I've bought Prince of Persia bundled, the first game & 2nd one is completely utter garbage console ports, I would be glad to swap something works for these games.

you can thank the eu for this

Thank you EU.  ;)

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

yeah...

also I don't know how it works if it's bundled

ex: I've bought Prince of Persia bundled, the first game & 2nd one is completely utter garbage console ports, I would be glad to swap something works for these games.

From the Steam page:

Refunds on Bundles

You can receive a full refund for any bundle purchased on the Steam Store, so long as none of the items in the bundle have been transferred, and if the combined usage time for all items in the bundle is less than two hours. If a bundle includes an in-game item or DLC that is not refundable, Steam will tell you if the whole bundle is refundable during check-out.

CPU: Intel 4790k Cooler: Corsair h100i Mobo: ASUS Z97-A RAM: Corsair 16GB Vengeance 1866 GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 Storage: Crucial mx100 512GB & x3 2TB HDDs Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl PSU: Seasonic SSR-650RM Monitors: Acer XB271HU and Asus VG236 Keyboard: Corsair Gaming k70 RGB Mouse: Cyborg RAT 7 Headset: Sennheiser 558 + Antlion ModMic 4.0 Speakers: Harmon Kardon Soundsticks

Looks like they needed to buy back some good will after the monetized Skyrim modding.

See? That fiasco was good for something after all! xD