SENTRY: Console-sized gaming PC case project

If you use a graphics card is not itx

How low profile PEG connector modification?

After the upgrade to the length of 10.5 inches display cards have problems incorrect?

If you use a 10.5-inch display card you can place up to number 2.5 hdd?

With standard size PCB card you should be able to bend the PEG connector within 18mm and we have such space.

The ITX cards have 10-11mm bigger pcb so you'll have to make the low profile angled connector if you want something like this.

As for the using 10" and full size gpu's I'm using one ssd drive now in slot over the motherboard and one 9.5mm 2.5" hdd in the VGA bay in front of the case/near the card's blower intake and it works fine.

I'm not sure if that's what you wanted to know though...

Will he apply to a thickness of 9.5mm / 12.7mm 2.5 inch hdd?
If you are using itx size card it can be loaded more than a few 2.5 or 3.5 hdd
There are changes to fit into the length of the thing? 305mm is still the same thing?
To put 980ti size? I want to upgrade to the 980ti or r9 nano

You should be able to fit 10.5mm 2.5" hdd in the mounts above the board and in front of short psu and you should be able to fit 7mm drive under the gpu and anything above that will depend on how thick your card's cooler is.

Currently my 9.5mm hdd has still 2mm of space left with blower type 970.

With R9 nano you'll have a lot of space behind the card to install up to 4 2.5" drives with bracket which enables installation of drives up to 12.5mm (13mm mount spacing)

980ti should fit fine it's not even close to those 305mm if you're going with reference cooler.

We're still going with 305mm/12" max gpu length since some non-reference cards and a lot of radeons go up to this size like most of the windforce and other triple fan cooling solutions.

CABLE MANAGEMENT INFO

I want to talk about how the cable management works in our case and know what you think about this.

Current build of prototype IV looks like this:

1WGmLgbl.jpg

There's 10.5"/266mm GTX 970, 2.5" SSD in main slot, 2.5" 9.5mm HDD under the VGA's turbine and chieftec SFX-L.

You might wonder where did all those 450mm cables went - they are actually all in there tucked between the gpu cooler and the central wall (this tiny 25mm gap hidden by central drive mount) and it kind of works to not have the mess of cables hanging around in the middle of the case.

Note that the power cord goes above the motherboard only because the full length riser takes too much space here and the drive mount in prototype IV did make things hard around SFX-L to manage properly.

Also the red sata cable is the only cable tucked in in that gap above modular connectors so it's not a huge mess out there.

After few long, up to 3 hour gaming sessions on such config I can say for sure that this drive placement is quite okay for the temps of both gpu and the drive. This hard drive temperatures were 42 degrees max while the gpu cooling was unaffected.This config should work okay with blower type coolers on 10.5" and shorter cards so you still can have two 2.5" drives mounted with SFX-L.

You might've noticed that we're planning to rearrange the drives in the central mount from the image in recent post:

xCFuOoYl.jpg

For optimal use in that drive's configuration you'll need a single cable with more than 20cm distance between two sata power connector since the new drive mount makes it so. Also ribbon type cables might make it easier to manage the whole build.

It looks now even higher degree of completion!
We are looking forward to offering it!

It looks now even higher degree of completion!

We are looking forward to offering it!

I'm glad to hear that :)

Will there before the sale promotional video, right?
I think this can attract more people to buy
Only relatively small drawback is relatively rvz02 or Node 202 price is quite high
Personally think that $ 99 more competitive

New to this thread, but really interesting. It has probably been mentioned before but what will be the pricing on this? 

New to this thread, but really interesting. It has probably been mentioned before but what will be the pricing on this? 

We were targeting something up to $149 but at this point I'm not sure of the final price. Anyway It's still should be a bit cheaper than other crowd funded cases like M1

Our 4th prototype...We've got it :D

GPx6x1b.jpg

We've made many photos including interior, and we'll post them later. 

That so reminds me of the turrets in Portal.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

That so reminds me of the turrets in Portal.

We hear that a lot but it wasn't the design goal. Also the name was chosen in a poll from names that were considered not yet taken by other cases or other pc components and in the spirit of general naming the chassis as armours and guardians to get the best possible net positioning. The look close to portal turret as you said most likely affected the poll though.

We hear that a lot but it wasn't the design goal. Also the name was chosen in a poll from names that were considered not yet taken by other cases or other pc components and in the spirit of general naming the chassis as armours and guardians to get the best possible net positioning. The look close to portal turret as you said most likely affected the poll though.

Either way, Portal fans will/already love it.

Edit: Also, nice job at putting at putting console designs to shame.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Do you know if the Asus GTX 960 would fit in here? It is a lot smaller than most cards but I think it'll be too tall.

Do you know if the Asus GTX 960 would fit in here? It is a lot smaller than most cards but I think it'll be too tall.

Actually there's a problem with quite a lot asus and gigabyte 960 and 970 units since most of them have itx long pcb oversized by around 12 mm which totally wastes the space we decided to use for PEG connectors.

While that 12 mm looks like nothing and we probably could add those but it's always like this - we increase the size by those and there's more cards just another half inch to be supported etc. We're trying to set up optimum space saving config and this is why we're sticking to reference size.

Once again - those oversized a bit cards might fit inside if you made yourself a modded PEG low profile cable.

If You really want a GTX 960 made by Asus, than I think I have a solution for You. Asus made two types of this card: one in version DirectCU2 and one in DirectCU3. I think with both of them You should be able to use standard PEG connectors in our pc case. Links below:

1. ASUS GTX 960 DirectCU 2: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b3369/asus-gtx-960-directcu-ii-oc.html

2. ASUS GTX 960 DirectCU 3: http://videocardz.com/56469/asus-geforce-gtx-960-directcu3-pictured

Other Asus GTX960 cards are oversized according to pci express electromechanical specification.

i logged in specifically to let you know that I am interested in this case. I am interested in purchasing this when it is ready to be sold. 

I would like to see some temps under load, however, to ensure effective cooling of both the cpu and gpu are possible under load. 

I will be following this thread closely. 

I would gladly fork over the cash to buy it, but sadly it won't be compatible with what graphics card I wanted (a dual-GPU solution i.e R9 295X2). I'm wondering if there's a way to fit in a radiator or not.

"The REVISED Companion Cube, v2.1" - "1440p, lock on." Discover it by clicking here.   // Peripherals - Corsair Strafe RGB  + Steelseries Rival

CPU - i7-6700k // Motherboard - ASRock Z170 Extreme 6+ // CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i GTX // Memory - 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4-2133 (2x8GB) // Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 1TB // Graphics - Crossfire Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X // PSU -  EVGA SuperNova G2 850W // Case - Corsair Carbide Air 540 (Steel) // Devices - iPhone 6 Plus, Macbook Pro //

i logged in specifically to let you know that I am interested in this case. I am interested in purchasing this when it is ready to be sold. 

I would like to see some temps under load, however, to ensure effective cooling of both the cpu and gpu are possible under load. 

I will be following this thread closely. 

I've posted some test results here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/378828-sentry-console-sized-gaming-pc-case-project/page-3#entry6032338 including the average clocks under load since gpus now are going straightly to cap temps and throttling turbo clocks from there.

Also we're still tweaking the design for better thermals so if that's not enough for you then wait for the results from next prototype that we should make this month.

I would gladly fork over the cash to buy it, but sadly it won't be compatible with what graphics card I wanted (a dual-GPU solution i.e R9 295X2). I'm wondering if there's a way to fit in a radiator or not.

I think that the card itself should fit but sticking out the water cooling doesn't sound like a neat idea. And IF there's a air cooled version then it most likely won't fit because of oversized cooling. I don't think that going for 500W gpu in this case is a good idea in general and we're targeting cards definitely below 200 Watts.

Really looking forwards to hear more about this, as well as a potential review from Linus himself. This case is perfect for console killers, and it looks really cool!

Quote me in replies so I see them.

Really looking forwards to hear more about this, as well as a potential review from Linus himself. This case is perfect for console killers, and it looks really cool!

Thanks. Nice to hear that. As my brother said before, we've talked with Linus and we'll be sending him our final version for review (when we'll finish it ofc :)).

Thanks. Nice to hear that. As my brother said before, we've talked with Linus and we'll be sending him our final version for review (when we'll finish it ofc :)).

This might just be the case for my upcoming LAN PC build I'm planning :D And you are going for a price that's really competitive IMO!

Quote me in replies so I see them.

So we've been trying to figure out how to make the case support more power hungry cards with open air cooling and we've end up with one solution:

Since in vertical position the open air cooling had no problems we've figured we need to let the gathering hot air escape above the gpu in desktop position as well.

Because of that we need to decide on how to design this hot air outlet. We have prepared three designs to talk about.

1) Default outlet, same as all other vent areas

NJYnTTQl.jpgZX8XFtMl.jpg

2) Large Sentry text instead of default holes

lpyldrWl.jpgdKH5zcTl.jpg

3) Small Sentry text within default holes

6L6la3tl.jpgC89iwZql.jpg

Here's the straw poll for this:

Let us know what you think

If there is no increase in the price I prefer the third vents

If there is no increase in the price I prefer the third vents

We wanted to allow people to use more powerful graphic cards (>150W), by using in our case some other cooling ideas. Those new venting holes are just "something instead" those ideas, so I think it won't affect the final price so much (but it's obvious that big "Sentry" sign is the cheapest option). We'll see what our poll will say.

subbed!

MUST

HAVE

THIS

WHEN

IM

RICH

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |