Razer Chimaera 5.1

JakubOCD
Go to solution Solved by JakubOCD,

I managed to fix my headset, I tore them down and then found that somehow a ribbon cable became untouched. I made the connection and they worked. I'll post a guide whenever I can.

I was wondering if anyone using the Razer Chimaera 5.1 has has an issue with turning on the headset? I've been using the headset for about 7 months now and out of nowhere they stopped working. When I place them on the recharging dock they headset begins to charge no problem. When the batteries are fully charged the headset wont turn on. I tried swapping out the batteries with 2 other sets that I keep as spares on a seperate charger and they still wont power on. I can't do an RMA because I cant find my receipt. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I managed to fix my headset, I tore them down and then found that somehow a ribbon cable became untouched. I made the connection and they worked. I'll post a guide whenever I can.

• 7 years later...

Hi,

May I know how you tear it down.

I now have this problem too. mine is about 8-9 years old.  so i think somehow ribbon cable inside has problem.