Torn between 2 monitors 27EA73 or MX279

Iceman_X

I really didn't want to do this this year but my 28" viewsonic just died so now i need 2 new monitor my budget isn't huge

the LG 27EA73 is right on budget or ASUS MX279 is stretching a bit on my budget

Not a huge gamer mostly for Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Premiere

Anyone who has any ideas or if you own one let me know if you like it?

Thank You!

• CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955, Chassis/Case: InWin Dragon Rider, Motherboard: Asus M4A89GTD Pro, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz, Video Card: Sapphire 7870 XT w/ Boost, Power Supply: Corsair TX750 V2
  • Monitors: 3x Asus MX279H

I have the MX279H. I am very pleased with it but I did pay $50 extra fro it compared to other 27" ips panels for the looks but also for the stand. I cant stand it when the monitor shakes as I type. It happens with this one too but not too much. I went to frys and best buy to check out their displays that had the sturdiest stand and this one was the winner. I can recommend it

I have the MX279H. I am very pleased with it but I did pay $50 extra fro it compared to other 27" ips panels for the looks but also for the stand. I cant stand it when the monitor shakes as I type. It happens with this one too but not too much. I went to frys and best buy to check out their displays that had the sturdiest stand and this one was the winner. I can recommend it

Thank you it's what i was looking for ppl who have these monitor to tell me if they like it or not!!

• CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955, Chassis/Case: InWin Dragon Rider, Motherboard: Asus M4A89GTD Pro, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz, Video Card: Sapphire 7870 XT w/ Boost, Power Supply: Corsair TX750 V2

Well i bit the bullet and bought 3 MX279H they are amazing panels colors are outstanding i love it!

Damn, I was looking for someone  who could give me some info about LG 27EA73, I can't find any decent reviews.

Anyway, the MX279H has glass all over the front, right? Is the stand plastic or metal?

What's your approach to the 27" 1080p discussion, and how far do you sit from your new monitors?

"Never trust anyone and rely on your instincts" - If you know who said it, you're awesome

Damn, I was looking for someone  who could give me some info about LG 27EA73, I can't find any decent reviews.

Anyway, the MX279H has glass all over the front, right? Is the stand plastic or metal?

What's your approach to the 27" 1080p discussion, and how far do you sit from your new monitors?

The MX279H looks very similar to the 27EA73 in terms of aesthetics.

It's matte glass bezel to bezel which are virtually invisible,

however when it's on there is a 1 cm border bezel on top and each side

the colors are unbelievable, very crisp and vivid.

The stand is heavy metal very sturdy and beautiful,

they are about 3 feet away from my eyes.

the only minor thing i would change is they sit low

i'm going to build a wooden base about 8" to raise them up other than that AWESOME!

At first i bought just one once i installed it i was so impressed the next day i bought 2 others.

Thanks man

No prob!