Is my pc build correct and balanced

Go to solution Solved by stconquest,

@Ethan supabass

I made a small mistake on the motherboard.  It was fine, but was missing one thing:  a USB 3.0 header.  You could use it, but the front USB 3.0 port on the case will not be USB 3.0 compliant.

I switched it up a bit.

$1037 before taxes:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($235.48 @ Newegg Canada)
Motherboard: Asus B85M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Memory Express)
Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($54.41 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.95 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Tri-X Toxic Video Card  ($279.05 @ Vuugo)
Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($42.55 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($38.99 @ NCIX)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)  ($107.92 @ shopRBC)
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-12025KK-RP 43.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($5.54 @ DirectCanada) <<Front intake
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-12025KK-RP 43.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($5.54 @ DirectCanada) <<Front intake
Monitor: LG 22MP55HQ-P 60Hz 22.0" Monitor  ($138.88 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $1027.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-02 01:16 EDT-0400

How did you solve the power supply problem by taking out of the case?

Where are the fans connected?

Reinstall your OS.

The problem is that the pic won't react no matter what I do and even I plugged in the flash drive with os in it and I also got a external did reader and it have the win 7 DVDs comes this the key

The problem is that the pic won't react no matter what I do and even I plugged in the flash drive with os in it and I also got a external did reader and it have the win 7 DVDs comes this the key

Do you have the 24-pin and the 8 pin power connectors in?

Do you have the 24-pin and the 8 pin power connectors in?

Oh it wo4ked after i rolled my face over the keyboard hopelessly then for some reason but now the problem is the case fan i think that the problem is that i didnt connect the molex to the psu

Oh it wo4ked after i rolled my face over the keyboard hopelessly then for some reason but now the problem is the case fan i think that the problem is that i didnt connect the molex to the psu

You just consfused me, molex?  You do not need a molex for anything, do you?  Your fans connect to the motherboard.

You just consfused me, molex?  You do not need a molex for anything, do you?  Your fans connect to the motherboard.

Well i tryed all the fan plug on my motherboard ad the case fan never worked and i saythat make molex dangling then i saw the molex laying on the floor then they fiti lug the oter end to the psu and the case fan stats spining after i trned it on yes it is weird thats why im soo confused while building it too.

Well i tryed all the fan plug on my motherboard ad the case fan never worked and i saythat make molex dangling then i saw the molex laying on the floor then they fiti lug the oter end to the psu and the case fan stats spining after i trned it on yes it is weird thats why im soo confused while building it too.

Typing on my tablet is a pain dats y i make so many typOs

I can't help you unless you give me solid information.

Take your time and explain everything you are doing and any problems.  I know people get bad parts sometimes, but I have never had a failing PSU... or any part... out-of-the-box.

Take your time and explain everything you are doing and any problems. I know people get bad parts sometimes, but I have never had a failing PSU... or any part... out-of-the-box.

A doa psu is completely possible

6600k, Msi 980, Msi gaming m5, Corsair 8gb ddr4, Raid 0 Samsung 850 evo 250gb,1tb WD Black, Noctis 450

Take your time and explain everything you are doing and any problems.  I know people get bad parts sometimes, but I have never had a failing PSU... or any part... out-of-the-box.

I forgot to say that the there is no problem with the psu its just that i derped then i fixed it

Btw i think that i completed my build now and i can play minecraft maxed with 500fps or shader with 100 fps(i only have minecraft cuz i spend all my money on my pc) now the only problem is that i got no inter net at home which will be fixed this afternoon (using schoolwifi here) ill ask you if i have any problem with my pc(actrually i do but i dont think its something u can fix for me)

Thank you so much for all that help u have given me for a 1/4 of a year.

Thank you so much for all that help u have given me for a 1/4 of a year.

I am glad to hear it is working.  You are welcome.  Have fun!  :)

• 5 weeks later...

I am glad to hear it is working.  You are welcome.  Have fun!  :)

Dude I actruall have been doing a lot more animation and video rendering than gaming just wondering if my graphics card is helping with the rendering 

Dude I actruall have been doing a lot more animation and video rendering than gaming just wondering if my graphics card is helping with the rendering 

I suspect it does help. 

Yes and no. 

Since I don't do content creation, I don't have particular information off the top of my head.  Every program uses hardware a little differently.  Some can use CUDA(Nvidia), some OpenCL(AMD), some just CPU.

Search whatever program your using and find out if it has OpenCL support for whatever task you want.

• 2 months later...

Yes and no. 

Since I don't do content creation, I don't have particular information off the top of my head.  Every program uses hardware a little differently.  Some can use CUDA(Nvidia), some OpenCL(AMD), some just CPU.

Search whatever program your using and find out if it has OpenCL support for whatever task you want.

Hey, I need a new hard drive since I constantly have less free space than my cell phone (32GB). So, do you think hard drive is  good:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822149407&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-Skimlinks-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=12087162&PID=4238077&SID=skim7917X667306X7550a869f069a31da33a61f5592383ab&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-Skimlinks

or anything better once you've found.

Thank you.

Hey, I need a new hard drive since I constantly have less free space than my cell phone (32GB). So, do you think hard drive is  good:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822149407&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-Skimlinks-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=12087162&PID=4238077&SID=skim7917X667306X7550a869f069a31da33a61f5592383ab&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-Skimlinks

or anything better once you've found.

Thank you.

How does having less free space on your 32GB cell phone have anything to do with buying a hard drive for your PC?

That link is to a US store.  Try these:  http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/parts/internal-hard-drive/#t=7200&S=1000000,10000000&sort=a10&page=1

:)

How does having less free space on your 32GB cell phone have anything to do with buying a hard drive for your PC?

That link is to a US store.  Try these:  http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/parts/internal-hard-drive/#t=7200&S=1000000,10000000&sort=a10&page=1

:)

ummmm i said less than not less i mean i only have 8.5 gb of free space