LAN problems

Hello

My brother and I are having trouble connecting via LAN in different games that used to work (GTA iv and Unreal tournament 3)

My brother is using an USB WIFI dongle since his Ethernet port is dead, I'm using the Ethernet cable.

This setup has worked on another router.

We have tried following:

Restarting the router

Using Tunngle and Hamachi (Both normally works)

Disabling firewalls 

Do you have any ideas how to fix it?

Hi, 

1.Do either of you guys have internet access. 2. Why are you guys using Tunngle and Hamachi when you are both on the same LAN, Right? 3. What is you IP on the LAN and what is his IP on the LAN? 4. What anti virus program do both of you use?

Sheldon

1.Do either of you guys have internet access. 2. Why are you guys using Tunngle and Hamachi when you are both on the same LAN, Right? 3. What is you IP on the LAN and what is his IP on the LAN? 4. What anti virus program do both of you use?

We both have internet access.

We tried out not using it and then tried them afterwards to see if it would fix the problem, it didn't.

His IPv4 is    192.168.0.14
mine IPv4 is 192.168.0.11

We don't use any anti virus

What kind of router do you have ?

Ive seen some before that separate the wired and wireless connections rather than being on the same LAN.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

What kind of router do you have ?

Ive seen some before that separate the wired and wireless connections rather than being on the same LAN.

True but wouldn't Tunngle or Hamachi solve that problem? 

Another thing, Have you tired other games because doesn't GTA iv run on live and you select the friends you want to play with?

Well I have tried Unreal Tournament, Counter Strike Source, all stuff that normally works. 

The router is a Netgear CG3000d.

Try seeing if you can ping his computer.

windows key-> cmd.exe -> ping 192.168.0.14

You should be able to, and you have to be able to to play on a LAN.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

The ping succeeds both ways, but the join in games fails. 

Go to CMD one both computers type ipconfig/all then paste the results from both computers.

I'm sorry about the late reply, it turns out (which makes no sense) that if we turned on both firewalls (He had his disabled all the time) made us able to connect and find each others games. We have absolutely no idea why

I'm sorry about the late reply, it turns out (which makes no sense) that if we turned on both firewalls (He had his disabled all the time) made us able to connect and find each others games. We have absolutely no idea why

Windows

--Xenon-VI - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.34V (Gib 4950X) - MSI MEG X570 Unify -  48GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600MHz - MSI WindForce // NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti @ 2GHz Core 7GHz Mem flashed with 350W BIOS (SOLD, Temporary 1660 waiting for 3090) - 240GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIE - OS Drive - 1TB SanDisk Ultra II SSD - 1TB Crucial BX500 SSD (SHIT, DONT BUY) - 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SSD - EVGA 750W G2 80+ Gold - Lian Li O11D - 9x Corsair SP120RGB - Corsair Commander - Corsair Hydro X Pump/Res - 360mm Thicc Radiator - Hydro X CPU Block - 3090 Waterblock soon come 

1x Acer 27" XV273K 4K 144Hz G-Sync - 1x LG 24UD58 24" 3840x2160 60Hz - 1x Iiyama 28" 3840x2160 60Hz - Valve Index Headset! 

Corsair K95 Platinum RGB MX Reds & Corsair Dark Core RGB 
Philips Fidelio X2HR w/ JDSLabs Atom & Topping D10 DSD DAC

make sure you both have the same version of the game.

what error message are you getting? or you just don't find each other in-game.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.