So why is the Titan Z still available and costs 1499$ :l?

Hey there everyone so i was just wondering why is the Titan Z so super expensive when its only slightly better than the titan X and isnt exactly something people would aquire over it anymore.... If we needed the (Middle between gaming and rendering) isnt the Titan X a better choice in the longterm altough of the better floating performance and bandwidth and especially since the X is more energy friendly? If we can buy a titan z then you can also buy a quadro :P? So what you think of the Titan Z purpose anymore?

Groomlake Authority

It's not outdated.... at all..... like it's still a viable option..... like a REALLY viable option...... no fAM trust me it's gud.... srsly.... notice me senapi

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

The double titan black's have double precision, and there are two for only 200$ more than a titan x that doesn't have double precision .

It's quite a bit better for rendering ( I assume )

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

A titan Z is MUCH more powerful than a titan X son...it has two full fledged GK110 gpu on that thing...it's like dual GTX 780ti on a single PCB...it's a BEAST of a card.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

A titan Z is MUCH more powerful than a titan X son...it has two full fledged GK110 gpu on that thing...it's like dual GTX 780ti on a single PCB...it's a BEAST of a card.

For an extra $500, the performance different isn't worth it.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_geforce_gtx_titan_x_review,1.html

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-z-review,1.html

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

So for an extra 2% performance in benchmarks you consider it "MUCH" more powerful? I guess it must depend indeed on which benchmarks.

post-144012-0-69574600-1433084142.png

Because it's the fucking Titan Z. It's a monster of a card.

So that makes 2 titan X's a deity of a card :D?

Groomlake Authority

It's not outdated.... at all..... like it's still a viable option..... like a REALLY viable option...... no fAM trust me it's gud.... srsly.... notice me senapi

R9 395X2!!!!!!! RAWERAWA 

post-144012-0-05819700-1433084219.gif

Groomlake Authority

R9 395X2!!!!!!! RAWERAWA 

attachicon.gif333f64966b4ebe1e3f1a0f0db96c55aa.gif

eACH 390X is $850 is about $1800 for the 395X2

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

eACH 390X is $850 is about $1800 for the 395X2

post-144012-0-45502400-1433084371.gif

(So AMD turned into Apple xD?)

Groomlake Authority

attachicon.gifdramatic-hamster-o.gif

(So AMD turned into Apple xD?)

But the cost is worth it in this scenario. Apple is just like BUY YOU APPAH WATCH BWAND NUE APPAH WATCH FIFTI FIAH HUNDRAED DOLLA EACH IF JU VANT METAL WATCH FWOM APPAH DAS GOONNA BE FOOTEEN HUNDREAD MILLON DOOLLA

Why do they sell Nvidia Quadro K5000 than? Titan Z has double precision and for roughly the same cost it delivers better performance.

EDIT: I didn't want to get responted to that question. It was mean't as a rethorical question. I know the answer.

its not as easy as just

abc, do, re, mi... :wub: ..

some of us are waiting for nvidia´s solution for multigpu non same chip. And many of us are getting surprised about 900 series sli drivers results;

me one

since i started f@h i want a tesla+980+...

its no as easy as just

abc, do, re, mi... :wub: ..

some of us are waiting for nvidia´s solution for multigpu non same chip. And many of us are getting surprised about 900 series sli drivers resuls

me one

Woot M9? abc,do,re,mi,fa,li,sa or whatever :D

Groomlake Authority

Why do they sell Nvidia Quadro K5000 than? Titan Z has double precision and for roughly the same cost it delivers better performance.

Quadro K5000 is much more optimized for such tasks and has overhaul more stability than a Titan Z :P..... Sorry i tough you meant the new one but that one is the M6000... Maxwell for the win :D

Groomlake Authority

Don't get Kepler cards. NVIDIA's sabotaging the performance of Kepler cards with their newer drivers in order to make Maxwell look good. Search benchmarks of Witcher 3 or Project CARS and you'll see. Anyone with a Kepler card, Titans included can just use them as paperweights now.

TL;DR. Better driver support, much much better and also, the Quadro's sports ECC Memory which is critical for professional use.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Quadro K5000 is much more optimized for such tasks and has overhaul more stability than a Titan Z :P..... Sorry i tough you meant the new one but that one is the M6000... Maxwell for the win :D

I know but i wanted to show you how it is looking at it from pure performance standpoint like you were at titan x and titan z. They disabled the part for good DP on titan X so....

I know but i wanted to show you how it is looking at it from pure performance standpoint like you were at titan x and titan z. They disabled the part for good DP on titan X so....

Still the titan X is branded "Inspired by Gamers. Built by Nvidia". Thats why :P

Groomlake Authority

Meet the old GTX Titan Z. For those who want power but can't afford a quadro. A brilliant product by Nvidia.  B)

So who on here actually owns a Titan Z and paid the $3000 msrp when it came out?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

The Quadros go through a lot more QC and they are verified for long periods of use without breaks. They are rock stable.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

The Quadros go through a lot more QC and they are verified for long periods of use without breaks. They are rock stable.

I actualy knew that but i wanted to present him that you musn't look at something from just the (gaming or daily use) performance but there's a lot more to it than that.