Scrapyard Wars Episode 2 - The Scrappening

Get in touch with that neighbour for some solar panel laptop/tablet/phone project. ;D

Part a (15min): buying old computers (performance not required)

Part b (15min): buying a piece of sheet metal

Part c (15min): trying to bend a cupper pipe

Part d (15min): showing a cutting tool and a cnc machine

I thought scrapyard wars was about getting closer to the subscribers and showing non-commercial stuff they can do themselves.

That is not buying worthless computers and tuning them with CNC produced parts...

I'm still waiting for the DVD set with outtakes, deleted scenes, and behind the scenes. Would totally watch.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I thought scrapyard wars was about getting closer to the subscribers and showing non-commercial stuff they can do themselves.

I think the point is to do the exact opposite of that. Stuff you should never do.

I think the point is to do the exact opposite of that. Stuff you should never do.

Have you seen the immense popular episode 1? That was totally about stuff you van do yourself. If episode 2 starts to go about stuff you should never do, it is no different then almost all the rest.

Once the last one comes out I will binge watch the whole thing lol.. Till then weekely webisodes it is

Have you seen the immense popular episode 1? That was totally about stuff you van do yourself. If episode 2 starts to go about stuff you should never do, it is no different then almost all the rest.

I can already see taking about SYW is going to become very confusing very quickly. I hope (and assume) you mean "series 1" versus "series 2." Because going to pet shops looking around for aquarium pumps for use in a new build isn't my idea of a "thing" lol.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

I did see it, I enjoyed it. But there's nothing more to add to that concept (and I don't think that video made anyone think "Omg, I can go out and buy awesome PC for $300"). Building a computer for cheap is too easy, and is only entertaining to watch once or twice. The only way to do it is to shrink the budget to something absurd like $50, or add another element - like homemade watercooling or guest stars.

I did see it, I enjoyed it. But there's nothing more to add to that concept (and I don't think that video made anyone think "Omg, I can go out and buy awesome PC for $300"). Building a computer for cheap is too easy, and is only entertaining to watch once or twice. The only way to do it is to shrink the budget to something absurd like $50, or add another element - like homemade watercooling or guest stars.

I party agree with that. Tho i think this episode would need at least 1 more day and 100$ more for each of contestants. And no cnc mill and stuff to counteract it.

And ofcourse they shoud pump out episodes faster and more of them.

What i wonder tho.. the copper tube linus has is immensely thick . You could easily bend it flat and do direct copper contact :P just requires some flattening the surface, but its super thick so np.

Not gonna lie, the episodes are starting to get a bit boring and drawn out. Luke's drill battery died? Oh great, gotta see that. It doesn't help that they take a week to come out

Agreed. Especially now that Linus abandoned water cooling his GPU. This is going to be a 6 part run instead of 3 parts. I'm afraid that this might be the last scrapyard war ever.

I think the fact that the pc aspect has taken a backseat is what is bringing this one down compared to last. The water cooling aspect is centre stage in this series with whereas the gpu I guess was the primary obstacle in the first one, but overall it was about the pc. This time round computer power has taken a major backseat with no real thought on the pc, just whatever they could find and I think that is what is ultimately hurting it.. I still like it and would watch more series, don't get me wrong and I also understand the necessity to try and keep it fresh, with different challenges. I still think it needs to have the pc as the centre stage such that maybe the budget should have been $500 to allow for better choices in actual pc gear along with the diy water cooling. The format is certainly not dead even you could do series centred on the best workstation with testing centred on video editing/rendering ability, one only using amd CPU & gpu gear, best diy all in one (where they need to shoe horn everything into a diy case with a screen scoring on size and functionality), the list goes on

Agreed. Especially now that Linus abandoned water cooling his GPU. This is going to be a 6 part run instead of 3 parts. I'm afraid that this might be the last scrapyard war ever.

Six parts is almost conservative. We have four parts and only through day two out of 5 or 6 days. I'm expecting it to be completed in like two months from now

Six parts is almost conservative. We have four parts and only through day two out of 5 or 6 days. I'm expecting it to be completed in like two months from now

Maybe Linus or Luke could give us a status update?

9 part video?

just post a message when they're all up and i'll check them out then.

i'm not doing multi-part videos anymore.

Why doesn't he just cut the pipe to piece that will go in the computer an than fill them with sugar? 

Exactly. At least shorten it noticeably and then trim it to the proper lenghth after bending. This episode was mostly a waste of time and deserved thumbs down.

Maybe he just wanted a reason to climb that tree. Just like he likes reasons to buy nerf guns and water balloos.

One big playground it is

I'm an episode ahead and sadly, you're not missing much. This episode was only marginally better than the sugar/pipe one.