Scrapyard Wars Episode 2 - The Scrappening

You're guys editing gets better and better. Who was it?

^_~ I did Whole Room, Scrapyard Wars 1, and 2.

Follow me on Twitter at: @edzelyago

So why is there an amazon and NCIX link for scrapyard wars?

guess nick was

A) lazy once again

or

B ) forgot about it again.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I was honestly super impressed at how well the salt/suger thing worked out, well see next episode how much it helps out.

I think Luke is going to win, well i hope that :D

His cooling solution looks really nice! I'm wondering how it will look when it's done.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

was there rule what should water cooler consist of? 

could have used copper tubing to cool water. 
Spiral to backside of the case, which would give you enough surface area to cool 

http://www.upload.ee/image/4778113/backapnel.png screenshot from solidworks 

total length of tubing about 3700 mm which would give a total tubing surface area of 0,74m^2 (or put tubing closer together and get even more surface area). (to cheat results just spray water on tubes) 

some of the heat would transfer to back plate which increases surface area of that cooler. (if mounted against)

Awesome series, but it really needs to have longer episodes. I understand its expensive so its ok. I just hope one day we get longer episodes, or just 1 episode which has the whole thing in it :D.

I have no signature

Why doesn't he just cut the pipe to piece that will go in the computer an than fill them with sugar? 

Why doesn't he just cut the pipe to piece that will go in the computer an than fill them with sugar? 

Thats what I was thinking as well, cut about the length you need, then fill only that part. Good job anyways

How the hell is he going to get the sugar out after he does the bends? Luke's little rad is so far superior it isn't funny. Does anyone know what cpu Linus has? How much tdp does he have to move?

This is so great to watch!!!!!!!!

BTW, if John doesn't answer the door Linus is screwed on the blocks. What then?

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

I just cringed when Luke bought something for more than 9 times what it really costs

I noticed that too. The look on the older tech's face was too funny if you're looking for it. The one that says "WOW, omg omg omg omg omg don't say anything hehehehehehehehehe." @Slick plis take LinusNegotiationTips from Linus next time.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

or nick was:

C ) not at the office

(could be cuz in the wan show he wasnt at the office, linus said that)

Or a likely alternative option:

D) Linus wanted to get the casual users into "water cooling" their pc's (hence the "water-cooling" theme of SYW2), so he told Nick to setup links that simply point to "water cooling" and "heat sink" parts on Amazon and NCIX.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

How the hell is he going to get the sugar out after he does the bends? 

Dude are you serious with that question? :huh:​  errrrrr ok let me see. Oh I know lets flush out the tubing with some hot water.... :ph34r:   You obviously have never made a cup of tea. LOL

Unless of course, Canadian hot water doesn't melt sugar?   ;)

Kind Regards Always

Mayo

Dude are you serious with that question? :huh:​  errrrrr ok let me see. Oh I know lets flush out the tubing with some hot water.... :ph34r:   You obviously have never made a cup of tea. LOL

Unless of course, Canadian hot water doesn't melt sugar?   ;)

Why not go one step further and ask Luke's dad to come over again and blow torch it for caramelized copper? Yummm

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

I just cringed when Luke bought something for more than 9 times what it really costs

Yeah I was like $50 for a used part?  Then I checked how much a brand new one costs for my Accord and it's $100...so yeah wouldn't have paid more than $20.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

You could of put the pump vertical in the reservoir. It would of fit fine, but less of the resevoir would be effective (not a lot fi you put it well I think)

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

At the risk of sounding "trelpy," I'd also like to provide some feedback on the series as a whole since @dezeltheintern is now reading this thread and hopefully will convey some of this feedback to Linus/Luke. I had thought part 'c' was going to be the last video in the series and now I wish that there was only 3 episodes that would be ~25-30 minutes long. Instead I really hope we don't see the SYW series stretched out over a month+ with 5-6 parts. I know you're interested in the "mythbustery" style with the new voiceover, so then prioritize SYW and have longer episodes without so much interruption between parts. However, I'm glad you're sticking to a schedule instead of doing stuff like releasing "whole room" part 7 "whenever it's ready/whenever we feel like it." Just take it into consideration.

TL;DR: Waaaah daddy waaaaaaaaaaaah :)

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

How much will a radiator that size usually cost?

You are building oil-submerged systems, storage arrays with 36 ssd's, you are messing with sockets and cooling of dual 18 core xeons, you are building a whole room water cooling in an office you will leave...

But when you make a video about something we can actually use or do ourselves, you put it on a paid channel because creating a scrapyard wars about 300 USD computers is too expensive??

It costs a lot more and takes a lot more time to shoot anything outside of the studio. Just considering the preparation that goes into making sure you have all the gear set up properly so you don't wind up needing to swap out a battery, or run into some other unforeseen issue. It's a lot harder for a camera-guy to function as a fly on the wall in situations like this where they can't really ask Linus or Luke to slow down.

Think about all the time it takes to process that footage too. You can't anticipate when you'll need to be rolling, if you're going to shoot this and have it feel genuine you're going to need to keep the camera on for most of the day. Each episode is 15 minutes and I'm guessing that's edited down from more than four hours of footage from each camera. Just looking through all that stuff will be an ordeal unto itself.

Don't even get me started on how frustrating it can be to properly capture audio if you're handling video as well, these guys might be having fun but it's still really hard work.

If we want to see more of this stuff we need to find a way to help Linus and company communicate to their sponsors how much more interested we'd be in purchasing their products if they helped deliver Scrapyard Wars 3: Scrapyard Forever.

Was there anything in the rules about modding a standard air cooler to accept cooling pipes to run through it? Or did they require a fully fabricated water block?

Oh don't use vessel they said... It will die out they said. Why dont you YouTube fucks wallow in your scrapyard wars 2b while us living the good like get 2c!