Cannot Open Phone On GTA 4

Snapy1
Go to solution Solved by AndrewReaganM,

Play through the campaign a bit further. When you first get to Liberty City you have a phone, but all it does is Multiplayer and something else. There is a mission towards the very beginning where Roman gives you his old phone that will let you dial, place calls, etc.

I beat the first mission on GTA 4 and got the phone, but whenever I go to pull up the keyboard to type in a cheat code it doesnt work. It just keeps going on Multiplayer or Clip Editor. 

Try using scroll wheel to navigate, left click to enter and right click for back. You have to press up twice for the keyboard.

hello

UP Arrow once to open the phone menu list, UP Arrow twice to get to the keypad. When you have entered a cheat code once you get a "Cheats" entry in the phone's menu list.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

The cheats that you might be using might be from the DLC versions or the standard version if you are playing on the DLC versions. 

UP Arrow once to open the phone menu list, UP Arrow twice to get to the keypad. When you have entered a cheat code once you get a "Cheats" entry in the phone's menu list.

When I up arrow twice it doesnt bring up the keypad, It just scrolls through the two menu options which are "Multiplayer and Clip Editor" 

Play through the campaign a bit further. When you first get to Liberty City you have a phone, but all it does is Multiplayer and something else. There is a mission towards the very beginning where Roman gives you his old phone that will let you dial, place calls, etc.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2x SP120 Quiet Edition)  Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz  PSU: Corsair AX850  GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB