Starting my first full blown build

bob345

a quick tip: you can take out the screws on top of the 3-bay harddrive thingy and remove the mounting for the 5-bay harddrive thingy, it looks a lot cleaner then! :D you can also do it with the one underneath the 5.25" bays, but you need a very short screwdriver in order to do so. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

You are a king of cable management man, looks awesome 

~~Korindo~~

Cubitek Mini ITX Build : - Cubitek Mini Cube - ASUS Z87i-Pro - Intel 4770K - 16gb G.Skill Ares 1866mhz -

- Samsung 840 500gb SSD x 2 - Noctua NH-L12 Cooler - Silverstone 550 watt Strider Gold PSU - Galaxy GeForce GTX Titan -

Nice cable management so far, looking forward to see more :).

:O

It's so neat it's like it's wearing a tailored suit.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Am I the only one who thinks that GD-65 is a waste of money? You'll just get 8 SATA 3 ports instead of 6 which is really enough since gamers don't use more than 4. And you pay €40 more. I own a G-45 and I can't say a bad word about it- it has all the functions as the GD-65 model, but for significantly lower price.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

a quick tip: you can take out the screws on top of the 3-bay harddrive thingy and remove the mounting for the 5-bay harddrive thingy, it looks a lot cleaner then! :D you can also do it with the one underneath the 5.25" bays, but you need a very short screwdriver in order to do so. 

Thanks for the tip! i just took the sliders off and it looks pretty good! i am probably going to put a thin piece of black plastic on the top tof the hard drive cage to cover up holes and give an even cleaner look. i also want to make a plate that covers the wires coming out of the psu, i think that would look cool

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Isn't seasonic the one that oem's for corsair? I remember it being some company starting with an s. anyway, Im kind of liking the seasonic ss-750km3

Almost, Corsair actually designs their own PSU (just like CoolerMaster/Gigabyte/Silverstone just to name a few).  Seasonic builds, in this case, Corsair's psu to corsairs specifications.

Almost, Corsair actually designs their own PSU (just like CoolerMaster/Gigabyte/Silverstone just to name a few).  Seasonic builds, in this case, Corsair's psu to corsairs specifications.

Not completely. Example: Corsair AX1200i is built by Flextronics, and they probably deliver to other people as well, Corsair only told Flextronics how good they wanted it to be, and the features they wanted, and then Corsair built the casing. at least that's how I understood it from Jonnyguru's site. Cooler Master's new V series is the KM3 platform by Seasonic, but (example) the GX750 is built by Seventeam, on demand by Cooler Master, they probably didn't do more than say that they wanted a "nice" budget psu.. My GX650 is proably built by Seventeam as well. 

if I am wrong, please correct me, I have a habit of mixing things up. I researched a little bit when writing though, 

Not completely. Example: Corsair AX1200i is built by Flextronics, and they probably deliver to other people as well, Corsair only told Flextronics how good they wanted it to be, and the features they wanted, and then Corsair built the casing. at least that's how I understood it from Jonnyguru's site. Cooler Master's new V series is the KM3 platform by Seasonic, but (example) the GX750 is built by Seventeam, on demand by Cooler Master, they probably didn't do more than say that they wanted a "nice" budget psu.. My GX650 is proably built by Seventeam as well. 

if I am wrong, please correct me, I have a habit of mixing things up. I researched a little bit when writing though, 

Excellent reply sir!

No, your not wrong.  What I failed to show was that although Corsair is a "Designer", they do indeed have/choose to build with different manufacturers (OEM's)  

There are 3 types of PSU 'people'.

1. The OEM guys - these guys actually have the ability to build (equipment) that they design.  (Channel Well/Delta/Seasonic/Enermax - just to name a few)

2. The Designers - these guys design their own specifications, and have someone else build them (since they have no equipment) (CoolerMaster/Corsair/OCZ/Silverstone)

3. The cheaters - these guys don't do anything at all.  The contract with a (builder) and simply put their label on the product.

Apologies to the OP for hijacking his thread

Excellent reply sir!

No, your not wrong.  What I failed to show was that although Corsair is a "Designer", they do indeed have/choose to build with different manufacturers (OEM's)  

There are 3 types of PSU 'people'.

1. The OEM guys - these guys actually have the ability to build (equipment) that they design.  (Channel Well/Delta/Seasonic/Enermax - just to name a few)

2. The Designers - these guys design their own specifications, and have someone else build them (since they have no equipment) (CoolerMaster/Corsair/OCZ/Silverstone)

3. The cheaters - these guys don't do anything at all.  The contract with a (builder) and simply put their label on the product.

Apologies to the OP for hijacking his thread

lots of great information there, thank you for that. But one thing I have to say: Most high-end PSUs are like the Corsair AX1200i, where Corsair has (to a degree) designed the unit. The casing will be produced by Corsair (don't know if there is an OEM for that, but whatever really), the fan is whatever Corsair uses for their OEM (although there might not be an OEM at all), but i do belive that the PSU itself, the PCB and all the components, is either just a platform that Flextronics produces, which Corsair bought rights to use, or made an agreement with, either that they produce according to Corsairs spec, or they just picked out the top of the line platform. I am not sure of this, but I think it's the latter. It's the easiest route, and Flextronics do make excellent PSUs. 

and yes, sorry to OP for hijacking this.

so i decided that i would make a mid plate of sorts for my build just using a piece of aluminum sheet metal made the piece in a few minuets. Just something i thought i could do to add to this build

CIMG3918.jpg

CIMG3919.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Ok so the paint has finished drying so it mounted the plate in the computer with some Velcro. I think it looks pretty cool.

CIMG3927.jpg

CIMG3929.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks that GD-65 is a waste of money? You'll just get 8 SATA 3 ports instead of 6 which is really enough since gamers don't use more than 4. And you pay €40 more. I own a G-45 and I can't say a bad word about it- it has all the functions as the GD-65 model, but for significantly lower price.

Overclocking... Look at some reviews. The G45 is terrible for overclocking.

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

Overclocking... Look at some reviews. The G45 is terrible for overclocking.

If I wanted to OC I'd buy Mpower forfor almost the same price that's logic

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

If I wanted to OC I'd buy Mpower forfor almost the same price that's logic

I could have gotten the mpower, but I just hate how it looks

I could have gotten the mpower, but I just hate how it looks

100 people, 100 tastes. I personally think it is georgeous with Lightning cards and possibly Mpower Avexir RAM, but still it is an OC board priced around €200, which doesn't fit my needs so I just got the G-45 Gaming since I just needs something good looking with OC Genie for 1-click mild OC, I am not a fan of extreme OC.

This is a great first build definitely already beat mine and i haven't even started mine yet cause ups is slow as anything.

My build: Cpu: (AMD Ryzen 7 1700) Heatsink: (Deepcool Captain 240 rgb) GPU: (Zotac AMP! GTX 1060 6gb) Ram: (Corsair LPX 8Gb DDR4 2400) Mobo: ( Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K&) Case: (NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal) PSU: (Lepa B550 550w) OS:  (Windows 10

I like where this is going, a nice and clean build!

CPU: i5 4670K, Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB, GPU: Asus 280X, Case: Fractal Design XLR2, SSD: 840 evo 120GB, HDD: 2x 1TB Seagate, PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo

got my computer running for the first time today! Posted on the first power up! more to come very soon

DAMN NICE BUILD

CPU-Intel Core i7-6700k  Motherboard-Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Mini ITX LGA1151  

GPU-MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB  Ram-16GB HyperX Fury Black DDR4-2133  Case-Corsair 250D Black  

Displays-Samsung SyncMaster 2443BWX (1920x1200) & Samsung 4k TV 

PSU-Corsair RMx 850W 80+ Gold   Cooling-Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid Cooler   

Keyboard-Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Brown   Mouse-Razer Naga 2012     Sound-Sennheiser HD 650

DAMN NICE BUILD

Thanks, and welcome to the forum!

Very clean looking build my man. Wish I could make my arc midi look as amazing as yours :D

i5-4670k 4.5 Ghz 1.25v | Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H | 4x4 Gigs of Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600Mhz | Gigabyte 980 Ti Reference 1503 Core/ 7796 Effective Memory | H100i w/stock fans | EVGA Supernova 1000w G1 | Samsung 840 120Gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM | Corsair Force LX 128Gb SSD | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | DT 990 Pro 250Ohm | Blue Snowball | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G600 | Acer H236HL BID x 3

decided to make a vid on the restart time on the mechanical hd. My samsung 120gb 840 will be here tomorrow along with my copy of windows 7

obama-not-bad.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

• 3 weeks later...

I finaly was able to afford a 770 a asus dcuII 770 to be exact. that will be coming soon. then there will probably be another big gap and then i will add a custom loop water cooling system. Right now i am using a coolermaster tx3 air cooler just to get away from the ugly stock cooler.

GOPR1069.jpg

GOPR1067.jpg