Starting my first full blown build

bob345

Nice cable management looks clean and love the psu cover you made looks awesome!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Nice cable management looks clean and love the psu cover you made looks awesome!

Thanks! i repainted the cover in this wrinkle finish paint i got from auto zone. it turned out great. That reminds me, i need to upload a pic of it.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Get an asus board better components. Also get a 650w corsair psu.

the GD-65 is a great board, spending all that extra money on boards to me is pointless. 

the GD-65 is a great board, spending all that extra money on boards to me is pointless.

Yea, I posted that when I was a Asus fanboy

Haha, it's all good. I would go for the GD-65 over an Asus board any day. Cheaper, looks nice, good on-board audio(though I would never utilize) I use amps, and a DAC.

Looks really nice and clean, I love the GD-65 and the PSU cover looks awesome. That said I think you overdid it a bit with the red LEDs, white LEDs would have made the colours pop better red LEDs make it look a bit bland.

Did golden heatsinks convert you?

Looks really nice and clean, I love the GD-65 and the PSU cover looks awesome. That said I think you overdid it a bit with the red LEDs, white LEDs would have made the colours pop better red LEDs make it look a bit bland.

Did golden heatsinks convert you?

A little

well i got the card and it is awesome!

CIMG3984.jpg

CIMG3983.jpg

CIMG3985.jpg

CIMG3986.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

looking good :)

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

well so far the 770 has handled pretty much everything i have thrown at it with ease. Time to play star citizen at medium haha.

well so far the 770 has handled pretty much everything i have thrown at it with ease. Time to play star citizen at medium haha.

I had completely forgotten about Project C.A.R.S, what are your impressions? 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I had completely forgotten about Project C.A.R.S, what are your impressions? 

it is pretty awesome. i think its of the better racing sims there are for pc at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

well i since i have not updated this build for awhile, i thought i would post a pic on its status while i await funds for a custom loop.

CIMG4011.jpg

well i since i have not updated this build for awhile, i thought i would post a pic on its status while i await funds for a custom loop.

Looking pretty good. Though my brain hurts a little, I have that cooler, and the color of the fan cable really annoys me, haha

I'll be swapping mine out for a be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 sometime though. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

• 1 month later...

Why aren't you running your 24pin power cable through the cable management slot? O.o

Other than that it looks nice :D

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Really nice build, would've been fun to see the MSI 770.

Everything looks really nice except that cooler... You should get a phantek cooler or something, add more "bling" to it.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Nice build.

I like the finish on the PSU Shroud. Personally would of made it longer to cover the whole PSU and put some cut outs in it with red perspex behind and drop some lights there. also like the Sticker placement!

As for the 24pin, I assume its not run through the cable managment as it doesn't line up right with them and you wouldn't get that nice perpendicular loop of the cable.

You mention a custom water-cooled loop. any idea on which way you will go? Clear blocks and tubes with coloured coolant or clear and coloured tubes? Also are you running any lighting?

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome build! I got Fractal Design Arc midi r2 as well! ~~hmmm i need to make psu cover! :P also how did you mount your ssd like that? tape,what?

;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

Why aren't you running your 24pin power cable through the cable management slot? O.o

Other than that it looks nice :D

He's probably got the cable running like that to keep it sort of horizontal as the cable management holes are just above and just below the 24pin slot. Though it wouldn't detract from the look if it did go through one of the slots.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Where did you get your cable extensions from?

Project Drogon

• Intel 4670k, MSI GTX 780, MSI Z87-G43 Gaming, G.SKiLL Ripjaws 8GB, Kingston V300 120GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+ Gold Modular, Corsair Air Series 540 Cube, Corsair H100i CPU Cooler

Where did you get your cable extensions from?

I got them off of new egg. They are the Silverstone psu extension cables

• 2 weeks later...

So i thought i would post a little update. I just soldered up some led strips to put in my case. I think it turned out pretty good. sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

temporary-6.jpg

temporary-5.jpg

temporary-4.jpg

temporary-3.jpg

and here is my whole setup as of now

temporary-7.jpg

Nice build dude! I love your build and it looks like you worked really hard on it.

Life.exe is missing