PWM or DC fan mode?

Thenothing

Hey I use the corsair spec 02 case and I'm using the fan that came with it and I'm wondering should I use DC mode or PWM mode on it. I would like to make it so I don't have to touch it again and is there a way to make it go on AUTO if it is possible? I'm using asus z97k

Your board supports AI Suite III which also includes(if you install it) Fan Xpert 3. That will allow you to control your fans and set automatic curves for them. You can find AI Suite III here.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Hey I use the corsair spec 02 case and I'm using the fan that came with it and I'm wondering should I use DC mode or PWM mode on it. I would like to make it so I don't have to touch it again and is there a way to make it go on AUTO if it is possible? I'm using asus z97k

If it's a 3-pin fan use DC, if it's 4-pin use PWM

"Rawr XD"

It really doesnt make that big of a difference

I'm too lazy to do research but...

If it has three pins going in it's DC. If it has 4 pin holes it's PWM

Dual Boot Windows & Hackintosh

CPU: Intel 4790K | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Hero Vii | GPU: Zotac AMP! Extreme GTX 970 | Display: ASUS PB278Q | Case: Phantom 630 | PSU: Corsair HX1000i 

Canada eh? 

I'm too lazy to do research but...

If it has three pins going in it's DC. If it has 4 pin holes it's PWM

how can I tell if it has 3 pin or 4 pin? Does look like it has 3 lines and its 3 pin and 4 lines and its 4 pin?

If it's a 3-pin fan use DC, if it's 4-pin use PWM

this^^^

and use your motherboard fan controller, way better than the case

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

how can I tell if it has 3 pin or 4 pin? Does look like it has 3 holes and its 3 pin and 4 holes and its 4 pin?

The connector will either have three or four holes.

Edited by Godlygamer23

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

this^^^

and use your motherboard fan controller, way better than the case

well can fan expert 3 set the fan all go on auto?

The connector will either have three or four pins.

When you plug it in it will have 3 holes on the connecter or 4

You can also tell if there's a silver plug sticking out beside it. If so it's DC if not it's PWM

But i think there's an auto setting too...

Dual Boot Windows & Hackintosh

CPU: Intel 4790K | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Hero Vii | GPU: Zotac AMP! Extreme GTX 970 | Display: ASUS PB278Q | Case: Phantom 630 | PSU: Corsair HX1000i 

Canada eh? 

how can I tell if it has 3 pin or 4 pin? Does look like it has 3 lines and its 3 pin and 4 lines and its 4 pin?

If the plug coming from the fan (not the connector on the motherboard) has 3 or 4 holes/pins/separate cables coming from it

"Rawr XD"

When you plug it in it will have 3 holes on the connecter or 4

Error has been fixed in my post.

well can fan expert 3 set the fan all go on auto?

yes you can set custom fan curves

just look at all the videos on how it works

you set the curve and never have to touch it again

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Should I set my CPU fan to PWM or auto ? It has 4 pins..

yes it will ramp up when the temp are high and run silent when at idle

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.