AMD Rising UP

AMD_Nemesis
Go to solution Solved by Mentalguy,

Well the thread is to see what people think of this stuff and its doing just that got a bit off topic but its doing the job.

all this thread is going to do is start a fanboi war

So with software supporting OpenCL pushing out insane performance and Consoles sporting all AMD hardware with Supreme Optimization on PC games and Console Ports. It has become very apparent that AMD will Reign Champ for awhile. So in ending what do you guys think of all this, Amazing that AMD will reach its full potential or You hate it because you just bought a GTX 7shady.

P.S. Dont post something like this: Nvidia will optimize drivers and win over AMD.

Its not going to happen  :)

PRIMARY NVIDIA PC

("I'm a Fanboy of Everything")
| CPU - i5-4670K @ 4.8ghz | CPU Cooler - Antec Kühler H2O 620 | GPU(S) - BIOS MODDED Twin GTX 770 4gb (Gigabyte)-master (Zotac)-slave @ 1337/2000 (8000 Effective) | Mobo - MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming | PSU - Corsair TX850M | Ram - 8gb Gskill RipjawsX @ 1866Mhz | Monitor - Samsung 27" 550 1080p 75Hz | Keyboard - Razer Black-Widow Ultimate 2013 | Storage - 2x 1TB WD-Blacks' | Mouse - AzzA Mouse Would Say "SQUEEKSQUEEK"|

SECONDARY RADEON PC

| CPU - A10-6800K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler - CM Hyper EVO 212 | GPU(S) Twin Radeon 270x 2gb @ 1115/1500 (6000 Effective) | Mobo - MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 | PSU - Logisys 750W | Ram - 8gb @ 1600mhz | Moniter - Acer 24'' 1080p 60Hz

NVIDIA's current cards are competitive against AMD's cards. I don't see how their 700 series cards are "shady."

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

My AMD fanboy senses are tingling...

CPU - I7 4770k @ 4.3GHz GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Extreme RAM - 16GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 2133MHz  Case - Corsair 800D PSU - Corsair AX1,200i CPU Cooler - Custom Liquid CPU Cooler SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Hard Drive - Western Digital Black 1TB.

flame me all you want but Cuda is till out performing openCL in some programs and Intel still produces the fastest chips.

So while AMD is looking good there still not number 1. Granted in the GPU/CPU division there are only 2 spots

AMD being in the next gen consoles means nothing. Nvidia will be along side with patches (lol) to fix any problems and optimize for them.

And Intel for the CPU well they have a really solid performance so it's still a good road to take.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

yea  ^_^ AMD already "won the game" :lol: it's just people don't know that yet lol  :ph34r:

Hopefully, Intel destroys them

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

destroys AMD? are you insane :o

You can Scream fanboy all you want but I don't blabber on about how AMD is the greatest ever. This is factual evidence that AMD is Growing very powerful. True cuda is out performing in non OpenCL supported products but that's obvious and to You Gnome I specifically said that Nvidia optimizing over AMD will not happen at least not within the needed time since there is no Console supporting them. Why do you think when sony announced ps4 was all AMD the went mad and talked trash on how bad the ps4 would suck. Also, Fact The HD 7xxx came out before GTX 6xx It took almost 2 years to catch up and pass AMD. Just to add Intel and AMD are on the same level if you look at Real world benchmarks.

PRIMARY NVIDIA PC

| CPU - i5-4670K @ 4.8ghz | CPU Cooler - Antec Kühler H2O 620 | GPU(S) - BIOS MODDED Twin GTX 770 4gb (Gigabyte)-master (Zotac)-slave @ 1337/2000 (8000 Effective) | Mobo - MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming | PSU - Corsair TX850M | Ram - 8gb Gskill RipjawsX @ 1866Mhz | Monitor - Samsung 27" 550 1080p 75Hz | Keyboard - Razer Black-Widow Ultimate 2013 | Storage - 2x 1TB WD-Blacks' | Mouse - AzzA Mouse Would Say "SQUEEKSQUEEK"|

SECONDARY RADEON PC

| CPU - A10-6800K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler - CM Hyper EVO 212 | GPU(S) Twin Radeon 270x 2gb @ 1115/1500 (6000 Effective) | Mobo - MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 | PSU - Logisys 750W | Ram - 8gb @ 1600mhz | Moniter - Acer 24'' 1080p 60Hz

NVIDIA's current cards are competitive against AMD's cards. I don't see how their 700 series cards are "shady."

Nvidia is sort of a shady business, I do recall awhile back they committed Industrial espionage on AMD, Then Poof Titan Eats up AMD then AMD never officially releases 8xxx if you think about it Nvidia Might have Discovered AMD's plans and When AMD Realized it they quickly changed everything.

PRIMARY NVIDIA PC

SECONDARY RADEON PC

You can Scream fanboy all you want but I don't blabber on about how AMD is the greatest ever. This is factual evidence that AMD is Growing very powerful. True cuda is out performing in non OpenCL supported products but that's obvious and to You Gnome I specifically said that Nvidia optimizing over AMD will not happen at least not within the needed time since there is no Console supporting them. Why do you think when sony announced ps4 was all AMD the went mad and talked trash on how bad the ps4 would suck. Also, Fact The HD 7xxx came out before GTX 6xx It took almost 2 years to catch up and pass AMD. Just to add Intel and AMD are on the same level if you look at Real world benchmarks.

A.AMD is losing money,so they aren't really growing powerful.

B.The two companies rarely try to significantly surpass each other,the fact that the gtx 680 and HD 7970 were so close wasn't a coincidence.they almost always try to one up each other,and if they have something way better they tend to hold it back for the next round.

C.Intel's i7 3930K is far ahead of the FX 9370,the closest priced chip.

and as to the whole espionage thing......even if Nvidia found out about AMD's plans there's no way that they could design and implement a new architecture so quickly.

Titan was a gimped K20X,and GTX 780 was a gimped and lower binned K20X.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

A.AMD is losing money,so they aren't really growing powerful.

B.The two companies rarely try to significantly surpass each other,the fact that the gtx 680 and HD 7970 were so close wasn't a coincidence.they almost always try to one up each other,and if they have something way better they tend to hold it back for the next round,

Yeah nothing significant so titan was slightly better than a 7970 I see, didn't completely destroy it at all did it

PRIMARY NVIDIA PC

SECONDARY RADEON PC

Ive always looked at and considered AMD GPU and CPUs as just 2nd class.  Ive never actually had one, so I have no idea how they perform from experience, but it just seemed like everyone I ever talked to on forums or in games, pretty much everyone was like "Yeah, if you want shit that works, go Intel + Nvidia.... AMDs shit is just borked 50% of the time".  I think Ive even read somewhere on these forums back a couple months ago, someone said like the hardware that AMD has usually looks better on paper, but in real world situations in games and programs, they just preform less then Intel / Nvidia because of a ton of diff reasons, mostly software and drivers.  Ill have to look to see if I can find that post, but thats pretty much been the general feeling about AMD from nearly everyone Ive ever talked to, except hardcore AMD fanbois.

So it is really weird for me to read all this talk about how AMD is #1 and is so much better then Nvidia and out preforming them etc. etc.  If that was the case, wouldnt there be more people buying into AMD then Nvidia for the last year or 2?  Im not trying to flame AMD or anything, like I said I never even owned an AMD product because I was always advised against it, I am just trying to understand why so many people now are talking about them like they are on top or something?

Ive always looked at and considered AMD GPU and CPUs as just 2nd class.  Ive never actually had one, so I have no idea how they perform from experience, but it just seemed like everyone I ever talked to on forums or in games, pretty much everyone was like "Yeah, if you want shit that works, go Intel + Nvidia.... AMDs shit is just borked 50% of the time".  I think Ive even read somewhere on these forums back a couple months ago, someone said like the hardware that AMD has usually looks better on paper, but in real world situations in games and programs, they just preform less then Intel / Nvidia because of a ton of diff reasons, mostly software and drivers.  Ill have to look to see if I can find that post, but thats pretty much been the general feeling about AMD from nearly everyone Ive ever talked to, except hardcore AMD fanbois.

So it is really weird for me to read all this talk about how AMD is #1 and is so much better then Nvidia and out preforming them etc. etc.  If that was the case, wouldnt there be more people buying into AMD then Nvidia for the last year or 2?  Im not trying to flame AMD or anything, like I said I never even owned an AMD product because I was always advised against it, I am just trying to understand why so many people now are talking about them like they are on top or something?

Actually When 7xxx 1-2 years ago came out it was the top, Also to some people they hop on the band wagon or just buy whats most expensive, some are smart, get what they pay for if this was 6-8 years ago, they were both about the same price and same performance. Look at Nvidia like gas you need a GPU, you need gas you make gas more expensive people will still buy it they need it. you make a GPU card more expensive but alot of people used it they will still buy it all you have to say is Its better and you can raise the price all you want. Its a common thing for people to buy expensive things to show off their wealth just like diamonds, worthless yet People still pay thousands of dollars for them.

PRIMARY NVIDIA PC

SECONDARY RADEON PC

Yeah nothing significant so titan was slightly better than a 7970 I see, didn't completely destroy it at all did it

I wonder if I had a word in my previous post that might exempt the Titan from the norm.

B.The two companies :ph34r:rarely :ph34r:try to significantly surpass each other,the fact that the gtx 680 and HD 7970 were so close wasn't a coincidence.they almost always try to one up each other,and if they have something way better they tend to hold it back for the next round,

also I was editing my post while you typed a response,might want to head back up there and read it.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

and as to the whole espionage thing......even if Nvidia found out about AMD's plans there's no way that they could design and implement a new architecture so quickly.

Titan was a gimped K20X,and GTX 780 was a gimped and lower binned K20X.

But why Release it now why release something so powerful so soon, unless they were expecting something big.

PRIMARY NVIDIA PC

SECONDARY RADEON PC

Nvidia talked trash for

1. its cards, and really amd's desktop cards, are more powerful which is true but they are completely different so no point comparing

2. because it isn't doing the consoles it wan't to get some nice press about 'hey come to pc look how nice it is' 

The drivers and optimization thing is going to happen though. There isn't going to be a major difference in the cards because of that. AMD isn't going to be getting an extra 20fps from the same teir card just because the Console is using AMD based systems. The 7xxx series might have came out sooner but up until the never settle drivers the performance on the cards were lack luster. There mobile cards in 90% of games did not clock right or have full utilization. 

Just because a game is not developed on a Nvidia console doesn't mean it isn't going to work well on an Nvidia card on PC. I don't get why people think this is going to happen. Games being released on the next gen consoles (with AMD hardware) are taking advantage of Nvidia technology only available on them. The hardware on console is old anyways. The support for a 7xxx or 9xxx amd desktop card will not matter or be effected by a custom made APU in the consoles. They are entirely different in architecture.

That's one of the things about Nvidia they could charge less for the card and match AMD but I feel that extra money I spend goes towards the continual driver updates that support the latest games and features as soon as they can. AMD is always behind in the driver department.

Intel and AMD are not on the same level. Take the 5ghz 8 core cpu and a 6 core extreme edition and the intel wins. I applaud AMD for what they are doing they don't make bad products, there lower end stuff is fantastic for gaming at a much lower price point, but for hard core rendering and video editing you go Intel.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

But why Release it now why release something so powerful so soon, unless they were expecting something big.

Because they felt like it?

they felt they could profit off of it significantly at that time.

they wanted to steal the who's faster crown back from AMD .(stole it with HD 7970 GHZ ed)

they wanted publicity.

they felt they'd sold enough GTX 680's to the point where releasing a better card would not hurt their sales of the previous flagship card.

Linus Sebastian said:

Nvidia talked trash for

1. its cards, and really amd's desktop cards, are more powerful which is true but they are completely different so no point comparing

2. because it isn't doing the consoles it wan't to get some nice press about 'hey come to pc look how nice it is'

The drivers and optimization thing is going to happen though. There isn't going to be a major difference in the cards because of that. AMD isn't going to be getting an extra 20fps from the same teir card just because the Console is using AMD based systems. The 7xxx series might have came out sooner but up until the never settle drivers the performance on the cards were lack luster. There mobile cards in 90% of games did not clock right or have full utilization.

Just because a game is not developed on a Nvidia console doesn't mean it isn't going to work well on an Nvidia card on PC. I don't get why people think this is going to happen. Games being released on the next gen consoles (with AMD hardware) are taking advantage of Nvidia technology only available on them. The hardware on console is old anyways. The support for a 7xxx or 9xxx amd desktop card will not matter or be effected by a custom made APU in the consoles. They are entirely different in architecture.

That's one of the things about Nvidia they could charge less for the card and match AMD but I feel that extra money I spend goes towards the continual driver updates that support the latest games and features as soon as they can. AMD is always behind in the driver department.

Intel and AMD are not on the same level. Take the 5ghz 8 core cpu and a 6 core extreme edition and the intel wins. I applaud AMD for what they are doing they don't make bad products, there lower end stuff is fantastic for gaming at a much lower price point, but for hard core rendering and video editing you go Intel.

ummmm....Nvidia has had quite a few bad drivers lately....does that mean they spent your money recently on a 5 star hotel,room service,and some nice escorts?

AMD drivers are pretty damn good,especially the eyefinity functionality.

Linus Sebastian said:

ummmm....Nvidia has had quite a few bad drivers lately....does that mean they spent your money recently on a 5 star hotel,room service,and some nice escorts?

AMD drivers are pretty damn good,especially the eyefinity functionality.

A small percentage of people experience issues on 3 year old cards. Every other issue has come from BETA drivers.

Eyefinity is nice, and yes the drivers now are nice. But a year ago when there 7xxx series cards where out the drivers where horrible. Updates from AMD still take a long time. Nvidia is much faster at releasing them. 

Why? So there is only one choice of CPU? I'd say have more than one company so they can compete to make the fastest CPU and go with whoever is making faster CPUs at the time. 

If it was just Intel they wouldn't come out with anything new because they're your only choice and they know it. Its called a monopoly. 

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Nvidia talked trash for

I Remember Version 320 To, and obviously the intel wins it has the best support and I heard a while ago certain software and benchmarks would bottleneck AMD to make intel look good. The extra money you spend goes to their pocket not drivers which is obvious since they let 320.xx out of the dungeon without testing for quality assurance.

PRIMARY NVIDIA PC

SECONDARY RADEON PC

A small percentage of people experience issues on 3 year old cards. Every other issue has come from BETA drivers.

Who said I meant that issue?

the 320 series drivers in general seem to have been causing people with GTX 600 and GTX 700 series cards issues as well.

and you claim you want continued support,but when AMD constantly improves their drivers,for their 2 year old cards :D ,you regard it negatively..... 

Linus Sebastian said:

AMD Always does More with less.

Nvidia Always does Less with More. If you can get the idea of what I'm trying to say.

PRIMARY NVIDIA PC

SECONDARY RADEON PC

pretty pointless thread if you ask me

Well the thread is to see what people think of this stuff and its doing just that got a bit off topic but its doing the job.

PRIMARY NVIDIA PC

SECONDARY RADEON PC