Origami - An S-Frame project by MetallicAcid

MetallicAcid

I want to see where this Dremel sponsorship comes into play? Good score mate!

How did I miss this?

I knew this was coming, forgot about it.

Metalicacid + brushed aluminum + tempered glass = instant sub

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

How did I miss this?

for me it was the case and mobo, my two fave things

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

for me it was the case and mobo, my two fave things

You know I'm all about that case

Bout that case

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

by the way is it just me or does anyone else think that the mobo looks cooler without the shields (if I may call them like that?). I love them but its kinda cool to see a white mobo with all the add-ons black

by the way is it just me or does anyone else think that the mobo looks cooler without the shields (if I may call them like that?). I love them but its kinda cool to see a white mobo with all the add-ons black

Armour.

But I agree

I like both its just a sexy ass mobo

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

I like both its just a sexy ass mobo

yessssssss, it issss

I want to see where this Dremel sponsorship comes into play? Good score mate!

Nothing new I am afraid. They had sponsored me a while ago with new tools which I am still using for most of my projects.. This included! :)

How did I miss this?

Welcome back my man! Glad to see you joining up for this adventure!

/J

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

GPU is not decided yet.. It depends if KFA2/Galax decide to sponsor with 2xGTX980 HOF, or if they have 980Ti they wish to promote.

I have had a lot of contact with their Marketing Director who wants to sponsor but needed to get the OK from his HQ.

Otherwise if I don't get the sponsorship, I am not sure what I will use..

/J

They did show off some new hof 980tis on computex this year... Hopefully you get one.

Subbed BTW, love the look of the s frame 

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena

• 2 weeks later...

Origami

An In Win S-Frame project

By MetallicAcid

With thanks to these following companies:
ASUS
Intel
Kingston
In Win
SilverStone
Bitspower
Moddingstylz.de
Carplus.se
Dremel
Nordic Hardware
Inet
Ocaholic

Hardware update, and some professional painting

Hello once again to my S-Frame project! I am happy to announce some new sponsorship from SilverStone and Kingston, who have supplied my project with a super nice PSU, and solid RAM! Thank you to these sponsors for believing in my work, and who provide their products so that I can continue doing what I love to do the most.

First up, I would like to show you the RAM raw, and how it looks when installed on the ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S motherboard. This is a combination which is hard to beat! This is 16GB of 1866mhz RAM which is perfect for gaming and light/medium workloads.

DSC09590_zpsnfphrzqt.jpg

DSC09591_zpsypddes2m.jpg

DSC09592_zps2gkjd4xu.jpg

DSC09596_zpstc9nwrkw.jpg

DSC09602_zpsimcv7khq.jpg

DSC09603_zpsv4xv6nim.jpg

DSC09607_zps4ik7vvsw.jpg

DSC09610_zps1gp1i88q.jpg

DSC09612_zpshcdavnoo.jpg

DSC09615_zpsrbmkf7ax.jpg

DSC09616_zpshs0ebpdf.jpg

DSC09618_zpsoprdglrn.jpg

DSC09619_zpsrnk0fr5x.jpg

Secondly I would like to present the power packet to this project, the Silverstone ST1200-G Evolution. This PSU is able to provide up to 1300w peak of power to all of my components. The texture on this PSU is extremely nice, and resilient to scratches. This will get a lick of white paint as well soon!

DSC09408_zpsss3vdksu.jpg

DSC09418_zpspsdqfqe6.jpg

DSC09421_zpspe6hhxf2.jpg

DSC09422_zpszkdyr5wo.jpg

DSC09424_zpsufpkmjkm.jpg

DSC09426_zpsg356zcmk.jpg

DSC09428_zps6kfnzspl.jpg

DSC09433_zps2eslnnox.jpg

DSC09435_zpsdn7hnv5d.jpg

DSC09436_zpszmeezhsp.jpg

DSC09437_zpsfvtpsoiu.jpg

DSC09438_zpspqmkxrkc.jpg

DSC09439_zps589lxnax.jpg

Last but not least, bilplus.se in Bromma has become a sponsor to this project by professionally painting the S-Frame in a special Audi Pearl White with a polished finish. I have seen the chassis in person mid polish and it looked SERIOUSLY AMAZING!! I will be picking this bad boy up tomorrow, and get some photos of it before the weekend. Until I can post an update with the photos, please check out these MMS photo updates that I have received this last week from the painter at bilplus ;)

S-Frame%20painting%201_zpsppizzsay.jpg

S-Frame%20painting%202_zpslko5sr6t.jpg

Thank you for reading!
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

This is me when I saw your motherboard choice.

gallery_37587_2808_1226610.gif

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

@MetallicAcid. This is turning out to be one awesome build! I really Like the white, it kinda reminds me of @Snef's projects.

Thank you mate! This will be the 3rd white themed project I would have created :) But @Snef is the master of clean and white ;)

/J

This is me when I saw your motherboard choice.

gallery_37587_2808_1226610.gif

Hahaha. Love the link animation gif ;) this was my reaction when I heard ASUS wanted to ship me this motherboard for the project :) cannot wait to get some flat white plastidip on the armour though to see if it will match better with the newly painted chassis.

/J

• 2 weeks later...

Origami

By MetallicAcid

ASUS
Intel
Kingston
In Win
SilverStone
Bitspower
Moddingstylz.de
Carplus.se
Dremel
Nordic Hardware
Inet
Ocaholic

Finished painted chassis and motherboard

Gday, and welcome again to my project log Origami!

Todays update is none other than the reveal of the beautiful pearl white paint job on the S-Frame chassis, and the new paint job to remove the camouflage from the Sabertooth Mark S motherboard.

There are a couple of small "niggles" with the professional paint job that I can't help but notice. The first being that they had painted the chassis upside down, so when the paint had dried and was then was flipped to the correct orientation, there was some bumps etc. from where the chassis was sitting on the painting fence. The guys did a great job with sanding down the edge, masking and repainting to fix the problem though. All in all it was luxurious to be able to have my S-Frame painted in such a nice white, and the pearl white really stands out in the open daylight.

The motherboard camo didn't fit with my theme, so I ended up giving it a lick of Multona #6000 white, and making the silver details black. I am considering painting the silver screws a black, and painting the fine details black with a paint brush to make this motherboard thermal armour truly one of a kind.

So first I would like to present the refreshed thermal armour:

DSC09880_zps9zeydj2w.jpg

DSC09881_zpstqtlqwos.jpg

DSC09884_zpsgxzrle3i.jpg

DSC09886_zpsxsju2i5d.jpg

DSC09887_zpsf7656mfb.jpg

DSC09888_zpshtzfqcwz.jpg

DSC09891_zpsg5xgbcxa.jpg

And for the finisher, the pearl white In Win S-Frame, with paint work sponsored by carplus.se

DSC09863_zpssfvafy6c.jpg

DSC09864_zpsisqhwpks.jpg

DSC09865_zps2582s6as.jpg

DSC09866_zps0dzm60bw.jpg

DSC09867_zpsasemi146.jpg

DSC09868_zpsfjweeuuv.jpg

DSC09869_zpsxu9q1yzl.jpg

DSC09870_zpsdpapyojf.jpg

DSC09871_zpsvgkkvt8k.jpg

DSC09872_zpsbaklmo10.jpg

DSC09873_zpsz8rks4sm.jpg

DSC09874_zpsneec1ino.jpg

DSC09875_zpsrcra58zi.jpg

DSC09879_zpsvj31lmsq.jpg

I really hope that you have enjoyed my work so far! I am having such a great time working on this project, and I have another small update coming your way hopefully before or on the weekend. Please leave a message and let me know if you have any opinions or questions! :)

Thank you for reading!

Looking nice

Now that its White the Project name fits even more

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

Now that its White the Project name fits even more

Simply stunning

Floored at how good this frame is looking!

Thank you everyone, I am very pleased to hear that my design vision is turning out as I had hoped :):)

/J

• 3 weeks later...

Origami

By MetallicAcid

ASUS
Intel
Kingston
In Win
SilverStone
Bitspower
Moddingstylz.de
Carplus.se
Dremel
Nordic Hardware
Inet
Ocaholic

Sponsorship update

Hello once again, and thank you for coming back to read my latest update with my modding project Origami.

During my short time on the PC case modding scene, I have had the good fortune to have spoken too and even met a few of you in person. I have been part of some competitions, and even won a few, which has caught the eye of some people who are hunting for modders to sponsor to promote their brand. I am very thankful that I have the support of the community and vendors so that I can continue to do what I love to do!

With this update, I would like to introduce some now sponsors who have supported Origami with their products. With the help of Nordic Hardware and Intel, I have received a Core i7 4790k CPU. With the support of Nordic Hardware and ASUS, they have decided to support Origami with a pair of GTX980 Ti Strix 6GB GPUs. With the support of Kingston and Ocaholic, they have sent out a Kingston HyperX Predator PCIE SSD 240GB. Lastly with the help of Bitspower, A fully custom water cooling loop will be installed. Moddingstylz in Germany will support with a full set of custom PSU cables and aluminium cable combs for the SilverStone ST1200-G Evolution PSU

Not all of the products have landed yet, but those that have arrived will be shown here. If you have any questions regarding any of the featured PC parts then please do not hesitate to ask me :)

Intel Core i7 4790k
DSC00091_zpsxyvj4fcx.jpg

DSC00092_zpsgxewd7by.jpg

DSC00094_zpsmezz32nm.jpg

Kingston HyperX Predator PCIE SSD 240GB
DSC00051_zpsn6fnpd5m.jpg

DSC00048_zpstfp8vjca.jpg

DSC00053_zpsqojzkkeh.jpg

DSC00054_zpsugk4t3un.jpg

DSC00061_zpsw4ejfyzy.jpg

DSC00060_zpsr9tw74nq.jpg

DSC00063_zpsy61z8y2g.jpg

DSC00064_zpsmjtbdpy0.jpg

DSC00066_zpsuyhhdhoi.jpg

Noice- little late but subbed

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

Awesome build with great photos too!

Definitely subbed!

CPU: Intel 3570K   Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 RAM: 16GB VENGANCE LP GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 (x2) Case: Cooler Master HAF XM Storage: Western Digital 1 & 2 TB PSU: Corsair TX650M Display(s): BenQ GW2750 Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Keyboard: Corsair Vengance K60 Mouse: Mionix NAOS 3200 Sound: Creative Sound Blaster ZX Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit