Upgrade from Hyper X Cloud Gaming Headset

MaximusX

Ok I am looking for headphones that never leave my desk, but I do like noise cancelling.

Well, noise cancelling is good but it won't be as comfortable and sound as natural as a true open headphone, and if your going to be at home anyway might as well go with open. I personally can't stand using my ATH-M50x's at my home because I can't hear my phone ringing or my surroundings and it makes me feel like my ears are clogged, don't know how to describe it so I only use those when I'm on a airplane or in public where I don't want my sound to bleed and others to hear what I'm listening to.

You could look at Seinheiser's offerings like the HD558.

Oh yeah, superlux have some good stuff.

Like there HD681.

these are nice too.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

-snip-

Yeah when you are gonna use them only at home or at lan's whatever then I'd go with open too

But like Fluffinator said they can get pretty "fatiguing":D

@You -snip-

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

Have you had Astros? Top of the line for headsets.

Yes. My brother uses the A50 and it sounds bad.

Have you had Astros? Top of the line for headsets.

I wouldn't go that far..

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Have you used the AMP to fix that?

Honestly what is the hype about these, I just got the a40's with the mixamp and i'm just about to take them back, they don't even sound good, and the top of the headset has hardly any cushion.

Have you used the AMP to fix that?

Yes. When I say it sounds bad, I mean it sounds bad for what you're paying for it. My Sennheiser HD280's sound way better.

Honestly what is the hype about these, I just got the a40's with the mixamp and i'm just about to take them back, they don't even sound good, and the top of the headset has hardly any cushion.

People don't know any better.