corsair RGB keyboard not detected in corsair utility engine

lc3465c

I have a corsair RGB mechanical keyboard that i had bought from best buy and i was wondering if anyone else has the problem of the RGB keyboard not showing up in CUE my corsair sabre mouse shows up but not the keyboard for some odd reason. Does annyone have a fix for this?

SNIP

Disconnect it  and then reconnect after a few seconds. I have a K65 RGB and this happenes to me when I press multiple keys or connect it via USB 3 when my system is off but the PSU is being supplied with power.

CPU: i5 4690K @ Stock                GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX @ Stock      SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (OS and Drivers)     Headset: Audio-Technica M20X

Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D        RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB LP             HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB                                         Mouse: Logitech m185

OS: Windows 8.1 OEM                 PSU: Corsair RM650                                Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N Mini ITX                         Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65 RGB

i tried doing that and it didnt work for me

Close CUE (Exit completely, not just close to tray)  -> Unplug Keyboard -> Wait 10 seconds -> Plug in Keyboard -> Start CUE.

Generally always works for me.

[spoiler=REDWING]  REDWING   | Custom Hard Line Water Cooling Loop   |   Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz   |   Asus Maximus VII Ranger   |   Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-2400 2x8GB   |   2 x Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming (SLI)   |   Corsair AX860i   |   Samsung 850 Pro 512GB   |   Corsair Obsidian 750D   |   Corsair K95 RGB & M65 RGB   |   Samsung SyncMaster S27B370

Project Redwing Build Log

[spoiler=ZedNAS] 'ZedNAS' Home NAS Build   |   Intel Xeon E3 1231 v3   |   ASRock Rack E3C224D4I   |   Kingston KVR16E11/8I 2x8GB   |   Corsair HX750   |   6 x HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200RPM HDD   |   Fractal Design Node 304 mITX Black   |   FreeNAS w/ PleX   |   ZFS Raid-Z2 (16TB Effective)   |

Try going to Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Devices and Printers, then right click on the keyboard, then clicking "Remove Device."  If CUE is open, close it.

Then after doing that, unplug, then re-plug in the keyboard, and let it install the drivers again. Launch CUE again, and hopefully it should show up. 

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10

• 6 months later...

Not sure if you're still having this problem but I wanted to share what I did to fix it.

I had an old version of CUE, I had to update to the latest CUE software and then updated the Firmware.  After I did that it worked like a boss.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/support/downloads

There is also a really good information here on the Corsair forum which includes pictures.  Really good stuff.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=154018

Hope this helped.  All the best!

Shep

• 2 years later...

I have the K95 Platinum and was not being detected with iCue.  I disconnected the keyboard and held the ESC while plugging back in and it was detected.  Apparently this is a hard reset.  I had went through the other typical fixes without success.  I had uninstalled and reinstalled older and newer versions of the software.  I had removed it from Device Manager.  I had tried it on multiple computers.  

• 1 month later...
On 2018-07-31 at 2:09 AM, mniccum said:

I have the K95 Platinum and was not being detected with iCue.  I disconnected the keyboard and held the ESC while plugging back in and it was detected.  Apparently this is a hard reset.  I had went through the other typical fixes without success.  I had uninstalled and reinstalled older and newer versions of the software.  I had removed it from Device Manager.  I had tried it on multiple computers.  

Finally a solution that worked. Fixed the iQUE problem along with faulty media keys. Thank you.

On 7/31/2018 at 3:09 AM, mniccum said:

OMG finally someone helped me with the issue really appreciate it <3 love you man :P

• 4 months later...
On 5/24/2015 at 5:07 PM, blackadder said:

Change the polling rate.

This did it for me, I was in BIOS

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2018 at 6:09 PM, mniccum said:

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH. my k68 has been broken for like 2 months now, and I assumed there was a way to hard reset but didn't know it. again, TYSM!!

• 1 year later...

I know this post is fairly old, but for anyone viewing at a later date, if the light above the lock icon is blinking, simultaneously hold down on the F1 and lock keys for 5-15 seconds then iCue should detect it.

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2020 at 12:17 PM, Kris10875 said:

I know this post is fairly old, but for anyone viewing at a later date, if the light above the lock icon is blinking, simultaneously hold down on the F1 and lock keys for 5-15 seconds then iCue should detect it.

I have K95 and my scroll lock indicator was blinking. Had to try this multiple times (2 times) but it did eventually work. Thank you.