Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Corruption

can batch files bypass administrators access?

Posted · Original PosterOP

windows 7 (if that matters)

so i'm trying to show off to my friends with some random batch files i created and was wondering if, for instance, i wanted to delete system32. if i just browse the files normally and right click, delete. it asks for the admin username and password. so will it show that if the command is from a batch file?

Taking Falling to whole new Heights

I tried to delete System32 once.

It failed because it was in use. xD

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

no it will fail unless you run as admin

this ^^^

My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | AMD Vega 64 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You  could probably get around it if you really wanted to.

Something like: Take ownership of all of the files under C:\Windows\System32

Then force delete the whole folder...

------

I used to have a similar script for XP for trolling people at school(the machines were ghosted and booted off the network so it was fine after reboot)

W7 step up a lot of security so it may no longer work...

-----

A fun thought for you: If you replace the windows help program that is run on startup from the login page it automatically runs as admin, doing this may allow you to delete the folder.

-----

Remember, I'm not responsible for anything you do  ;)

I tried to delete System32 once.

It failed because it was in use. xD

I thought it complained that you didn't have permission from trustedinstaller if you tried.

I still have a windows folder on one of my hard drives because I'm too lazy to set up a dual boot and remove it with linux.