Is Razer Kraken a piece of s**t?

danixdlolz

In what world? You obviously haven't used many good headsets..

Reality. 

Okay... You really don't know what you're talking about if you think that the sound quality is great for the price.

You've never tried the 7.1s. If you did you'd see what I mean't. 

I have a pair sitting on the floor next to me, yeah. They suck greasy garbage. 

Which version?

Thanks for understanding that some people shop for aesthetics instead of hating on me for being "ignorant". Thanks m8

Razer's packaging, marketing, and looks are what keep them alive, also their mice and keyboards are good. Audio is very bad stay away.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

I was talking about 7.1s, not normal Krakens or Kraken Pros. There's a huge difference between these three...

I was talking about 7.1s, not normal Krakens or Kraken Pros. There's a huge difference between these three...

Yes. And the 7.1s are what I have. They are greasy garbage. 

You are either convincing yourself they are good because you are a fanboy/don't want to regret your purchase or you have never tried good headphones.

Reality. 

You've never tried the 7.1s. If you did you'd see what I mean't. 

Which version?

The Kraken 7.1's, and no offense but you have no idea what your talking about.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

I got one for my birthday 2 years ago and it was one of the worst purchase i have ever made.It's so uncomfortable for me to use because round and small ear cup design made it almost impossible for me to wear them longer then an hour max. They sound pretty bad and the mic is not that great also. I sell mine after a week of using it and bought a hd 558 instead it's league better then the kraken in everyway.

I have them, it's in my closet. I got them ebfore I got into real audio and man, was I naive. They honesly suck, the reason I switched was because they made my ears hot and gave me headaches because they were so uncomfrtable, I then upgraded to Astro A40's, ATH-M50x then to a DT 990. Never going back ever..

Based on this, I can tell that aesthetics aren't cool enough to justify the price. So sound quality is not even passable?

Razer's packaging, marketing, and looks are what keep them alive, also their mice and keyboards are good. Audio is very bad stay away.

If it was, why would they be the #1 gaming company, and be worth over $1billion? Surely people would catch on and stop buying their products.

I have an EQ on mine and they sound okay, I've used DT990's, 558's and DT880 PRO's as a reference so I know what good audio sounds like.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

If it was, why would they be the #1 gaming company, and be worth over $1billion? Surely people would catch on and stop buying their products.

their mice and keyboards are good, anyone who knows anything about audio knows their headsets suck.

Also have you heard of "Beats"?

Thanks for understanding that some people shop for aesthetics instead of hating on me for being "ignorant". Thanks m8

ofc. Although if aethetics are important to you and you also want decent audio grab ATH M50's. They don't sound fantastic, but they sound quite good and look good (in my opinion)

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000ULAP4U

Great mice. Decent keyboards. Good branding. Good advertising. Fantastic packaging. Garbage headphones. Stop trying to convince somebody to buy a bad product, fanboy.

I have an EQ on mine and they sound okay, I've used DT990's, 558's and DT880 PRO's as a reference so I know what good audio sounds like.

Do the sound okay enough to justify the price (including aesthetics)?

They still sound like crap compared to other $90 headset solutions. There on'y "worth it" if you get them used for like $50

Yes. And the 7.1s are what I have. They are greasy garbage. 

You are either convincing yourself they are good because you are a fanboy/don't want to regret your purchase or you have never tried good headphones.

No, I could've easily returned it. Kraken 7.1s are one of the top headphones, so idk where you're getting your info. 

The Kraken 7.1's, and no offense but you have no idea what your talking about.

You're the one with no idea what you're talking about. 

I actually considered the M40x's and the Cloud II

They would be better options in my opinion, although I have't tried the m40x's. I have used the M50's and m30x's, so I could guess where they fall.

I have a few friends with hyperx cloud 2's and I have used them a bit, they are alright. 

No, I could've easily returned it. Kraken 7.1s are one of the top headphones, so idk where you're getting your info. 

idiot of the day award goes to!

No... You really are legitimately stupid.

Are you a 13 year old with all razer equipment who drinks mtn dew like water and currently has cheeto/dorito dust on his fingers? 

Their mice are very good. Keyboards are decent. Headphones are garbage.

You need to get your ear check asap if you think that what's a top headphone should sound like.

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

I like them, I just turned treble up and bass down a bit and they sound pretty flat "which I like.

I got my Kraken Pro's for like $70 and I like the tight fit and you can't hear anything around you in your house which I like also.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

If you get the Pros used for like $35 bucks yeah. 7.1 $50 any more like than that no. $90 is straight up overpriced.

hated mine.

from my experience with them, theyre

1. so uncomfy to wear for game sessions, or for any period longer than 10 minutes

2. the mic quality on them is pretty bad, my blade's laptop mic has better quality according to my friends when i spoke in teamspeak

3. theyve got a really cheap feel to them

4. for the price there are probably better options

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

No... You really are legitimately stupid.

Are you a 13 year old with all razer equipment who drinks mtn dew like water and currently has cheeto/dorito dust on his fingers? 

Their mice are very good. Keyboards are decent. Headphones are garbage.

That made my day.

their mice and keyboards are good, anyone who knows anything about audio knows their headsets suck.

Also have you heard of "Beats"?

..which is why their headphones are some of the top ones? Makes sense to me.

Great mice. Decent keyboards. Good branding. Good advertising. Fantastic packaging. Garbage headphones. Stop trying to convince somebody to buy a bad product, fanboy.

No, I'm not a fanboy. It's the fact that they actually have good headphones.